MERGED--> Fred Durst is a GREAT man... + Fans throw garbage at Fred Durst

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/artist_area/limpbizkit/

14 May 2003: Bruce Dickinson won't miss Limp Bizkit at Download

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson popped in to Radio 1 last night (Tuesday) to chat about Download festival later this month where he's performing.

We asked him if he's disappointed about Limp Bizkit pulling out:

"Well, you know?it's erm?no! Personally, I'd want to see Audioslave than Limp Bizkit any day of the week. I don't think people are going to get any less for their money by not seeing Fred Durst with his baseball cap on the wrong way. From the point of view of our tickets sales, it makes no different because ya boo sucks, we sold more tickets than they did anyway. Oops! (laughs)."

Limp Bizkit have promised fans some free European events to try and make amends. They pulled out because they need to concentrate on finishing their album, currently called 'Panty Sniffer', which has already been delayed.

On the band?s website, Fred Durst says they hope to be able to make it up to the fans:

"The fans in Europe have been so good to us we want to give them something back, and since ticket prices are so high these days and worldwide everybody's economy sucks, we think some free concerts are in order."

They say details will follow in the next few weeks.

Download takes place at Donington Park on May 31 and June 1 - as well as Iron Maiden, the line-up includes Marilyn Manson, Audioslave, Zwan and A.

apparently chicago fans didn't take well to durst asking them to suck his d**k so Q101 here in chicago set up a fred durst hate phone line. they've declared this weekend "fred durst can suck our d**k weekend." they're going to play the best anti-durst messages all weekend.

:lol:!!!

He's such a class act.."Panty Sniffer" :rolleyes:

Poop..wow...how clever.

For the sixth time, Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has changed the title of the group's long-awaited fourth album. Results May Vary -- "like a prescription drug, each individual will have their own reaction! Get it?" explains Durst on the Limp Bizkit Web site -- is due September 23rd.

"This album has been prescribed by Dr. Tyler Durden," Durst says, referencing the movie Fight Club. "You should listen to it once daily."

After months of postponement and title swapping ("Bipolar," "Less Is More," "Fetus More," "The Search for Teddy Swoes" and "Panty Sniffer" were all tried on and discarded), the new set finally seems ready for release. "It has been a long struggle like a fish swimming upstream, but we did it," Durst writes. "This one is deep."

A limited number of copies of Results May Vary will be accompanied by a 35-minute DVD of footage from Bizkit's upcoming four-hour DVD, called Poop, due this winter.

Read my journal entry about Fred Durst for more, but from my point of view, sitting in the audience listening to his crude, vulgar, homophobic and immature ranting and raving (not to mention his music...), Fred Durst deserved every single bottle thrown at him (they're all plastic, anyway...), and deserved to be hit square in the face with each one, too. I've never regretted giving a performer my money more than I did for that guy.

Thank God Metallica kicked enough ass to make up for it though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom