MERGED-->For Pete (Yorn)'s sake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
For Pete (Yorn)'s sake

You guys, I know a lot of people love Pete Yorn. Mona, I know you do too! I haven't exactly heard any of his music :uhoh: but he is coming to Boston and tix are on sale and i'm trying to decide if I should go. Anyone feel extremely strong about this artist? I'm trying to cutback on extra spending but if someone pushes me over the edge then I may pay newbury comics a visit to pick up Pete, and then go groove w/ him in Boston.

So, go ahead- convert me!

I don't know if this helps, and I wouldn't consider myself a Pete Yorn fan, but I did see him in concert at a festival show and he was VERY good.

His last album was awesome...his live show is awesome (even when he's hungover...)...i'm sure his new album is awesome too! Just go out out, plunk down the $$$ for his last album. U will not be disappointed.

I have Pete's CD and really enjoy it. If you want to download some songs, I'd recommend Strange Condition, Life on a Chain, For Nancy, Sense, and EZ. But all the other ones are great too! :D

Hey, does anyone know when his new album comes out?

He is indeed awesome. I saw and met him last May in D.C. and I aim to do the same this May. The tickets are in the mail fer Fishy and me :D

He draws from all kinds of influences....his original songs are good and his covers are amazing. ANd you know you can never go wrong with a Jersey boy. I actually heard the new single on the radio for the first time today. Of course as a Yornaholic I'd downloaded and heard it before :rolleyes: but it was nice to hear new Pete in the car. He plays all the instruments on that song! New album out April 15... check out that one and his first one. If you think the CD is amazing, a live show is even better. And Pete himself is quite personable....and quite the PIECE.... :shifty: :tongue:

Giant Lemon said:

Thanks, Mona!

Haven't seen you around here in awhile. :wave:

Blame Cana-- :shifty: college :D

I'm so busy with my schoolwork, my boyfriend, and our frat.... I'm home for spring break this week though.

MonaVox said:
He is indeed awesome. I saw and met him last May in D.C. and I aim to do the same this May. The tickets are in the mail fer Fishy and me :D

He draws from all kinds of influences....his original songs are good and his covers are amazing. ANd you know you can never go wrong with a Jersey boy. I actually heard the new single on the radio for the first time today. Of course as a Yornaholic I'd downloaded and heard it before :rolleyes: but it was nice to hear new Pete in the car. He plays all the instruments on that song! New album out April 15... check out that one and his first one. If you think the CD is amazing, a live show is even better. And Pete himself is quite personable....and quite the PIECE.... :shifty: :tongue:

Thanks darlin.

*Gives Mona a piece* :shifty:

Great advertising.. yes, go go! or come come!

:tongue:
PY

hey..i know i'm late on this..but i'm sure you won't be sorry..i've never seen him live, but i'm going to the show in indy on may 2 :hyper:...and you know i'll be in the store april 15...

anyone else going to indy?

00324561.jpg

for the petey fans....

so last night was the 4th time i have seen pete yorn at the 9:30 club. Musically a very good show. Crowd was not the same as the others, but I expected that. They covered the Ramones song I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend from the We're A Happy Family Tribute album. Very cool IMO. All the songs were really great and they sounded nice and tight.

Grandaddy was awesome

I'll be seeing him open for Foo Fighters next month.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of his. I had his first album for a while, but I sold it back. Still, I'm glad he's opening for Foo Fighters. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable!

Back
Top Bottom