MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
Your camera is awesome. That first pic of Posh should be on a calendar or something.

I actually used my mom's camera for the Poshie ones. She gets such great color, I rarely have to adjust saturation. I've been impressed enough to change my brand loyalty (Canon to Nikon). There's always good light by that window, and I've been waiting for Poshie to stop there for days :giggle:

And I give all the credit to Picasa :reject:

DSCN1695-1.JPG
DSCN1695.JPG

This is Jack....waiting for the terrorists
Smokey is too happy and doesn't know WHAT is going on
and Chloe is just laying low
1164647997_l.jpg

Any tips on teaching Beckham to STOP eating my houseplants?! I read somewhere to get them cat grass and show them which plants they can chew, so I did that. Posh loved it, but Beckham ignored it. Now he's constantly trying to munch on my palm (which is not on the "toxic for cats" list).

You could try spraying the leaves with bitter apple.. available at the pet store.

Try putting some orange or lemon peel on top of the dirt. He'll prick up his whiskers and run away! A little water gun is also a cheap remedy.

Jack's mysterious drooling stopped yesterday, and he's back to running around and being his usual cute self :cute:

Any tips on keeping outdoor cats from jumping on our windows screens ?!!! Its finally cooling off at night and we are opening up the windows, but they wanna see inside and GET inside and so they jump on them and dangle and THEY ARE MAKING HOLES IN MY SCREENS! :down:

someone suggested spraying water on them , but they actually PLAY in water sprays! lol I dont want to make them mean by doing something they will hate...but i need to do something!

My sister rescued a kitten today at the school where she works :cute:. It came up to her when she was by one of the portables and started rubbing against her leg. She said he is really friendly. The school said that the kitten's been there for a few days (they've been feeding him) and they think someone just dumped him there, because he wasn't dirty or afraid of people.

She didn't intend to take him home (although now she is glad she did). She went by the ASPCA and called the humane society, but they were both full and weren't accepting any cats at the moment.

She's going to take him to a vet next week and hopefully he'll be healthy. She said he was very active (and was trying to play with her hair while she was driving today :lol: - no cat carrier yet). He's black and white and she's named him "Stevie" for now :).

Please send positive thoughts that Stevie will be a healthy cat *fingers crossed*.

Spanisheyes74 said:
Any tips on keeping outdoor cats from jumping on our windows screens ?!!! Its finally cooling off at night and we are opening up the windows, but they wanna see inside and GET inside and so they jump on them and dangle and THEY ARE MAKING HOLES IN MY SCREENS! :down:

someone suggested spraying water on them , but they actually PLAY in water sprays! lol I dont want to make them mean by doing something they will hate...but i need to do something!

Are they not allowed inside? :huh:

kellyahern said:
My sister rescued a kitten today at the school where she works :cute:. It came up to her when she was by one of the portables and started rubbing against her leg. She said he is really friendly. The school said that the kitten's been there for a few days (they've been feeding him) and they think someone just dumped him there, because he wasn't dirty or afraid of people.

She didn't intend to take him home (although now she is glad she did). She went by the ASPCA and called the humane society, but they were both full and weren't accepting any cats at the moment.

She's going to take him to a vet next week and hopefully he'll be healthy. She said he was very active (and was trying to play with her hair while she was driving today :lol: - no cat carrier yet). He's black and white and she's named him "Stevie" for now :).

Please send positive thoughts that Stevie will be a healthy cat *fingers crossed*.

:cute: Is she going to keep him?? Have her ask the vet to scan him for a microchip.. just in case..

Sicy said:

That's kind of . . . disturbing :lol:.

Stevie update. He is no longer called Stevie :lol:. My sister has decided that "Homer" suits him better :shrug:. She called me and had to keep stopping our conversation because Homer kept getting into stuff.

Oh and remember Squishy the reject otter from Seattle:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124935&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

He is now Homer's favorite toy :cute:.

Sicy said:

Are they not allowed inside? :huh:

Not with those claws and my leather couches. :huh: My hubby is allergic to cats actually and they're lucky that he loved them as kittens and brought them in...they were about to be killed by the city.:sad: so we do let them come in from time to time to poke around and stuff, but they are outdoor kitties.

This is my niece's new kitten (well, she got him in early August, I just didn't get around to putting the pics up until now). He was about 8 weeks here. She's named him Matt, but I call him Spunky Butt or Dammit. :wink:

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

And here he is about a week ago trying to get Rickenbacker Straticaticus to play. But Ricky was tired of playing and just wanted to snooze. He's so good with that little brat of a kitten!

IMG_0491.jpg

is it an urgent problem if my cat has peed outside of her litter box 3 days in a row?

she's going to the vet a week from wednesday for a urinary analysis and to have her teeth cleaned, but could this be the sign of a more urgent problem?

If its anything medically related, its most likely a urinary infection. With females treatment can be delayed a bit (males need to get to the vet ASAP or they can become blocked and die) but honestly I would probably try to move up your appointment if you can.

Sicy said:
If its anything medically related, its most likely a urinary infection. With females treatment can be delayed a bit (males need to get to the vet ASAP or they can become blocked and die) but honestly I would probably try to move up your appointment if you can.

its a female so I think we're fine

we can't move up the appointment because my cats owner had a pre-planned vacation before this all started so we made the appointment as soon as we could for when he gets back

Hopefully she doesnt have any other symptoms? Not eating? Lethargy? If that were the case then I'd say need to go asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom