MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
She fell down the stairs earlier today

She grabbed a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is and started wrestling with it at the top of the stairs...she did a back flip and tumbled down like 6 stairs

Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

She grabbed a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is and started wrestling with it at the top of the stairs...she did a back flip and tumbled down like 6 stairs

She's so cute!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:25 PM
Posh and Beckham don't have plastic bowls. They're not ceramic either, they're like tin, or some random metal alloy.

I'm hoping Posh's case is just mild. I've never seen her itching the area. I've been wiping it with a damp washcloth and putting on a dap of antibacterial cream incase it does itch. Going to the vet is so traumatic for her and I read one of the causes can be stress, so I'd rather not risk a vet visit making it worse, at least not yet. Plus, we're moving on Friday and she hates moving (Beckham couldn't care less).
Old 08-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Is the cat neutered?
yep he's neutered , he's getting quite old now too .
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 AM   #95
Refugee

Local Time: 05:25 PM

^ Sophie about to attack my frog in the fish tank

^Attacking the frog

^Tasha sleeping with me

^Sushi and Tasha about to attack each other

^Looks like they're about to kiss, but they're about to fight, lol

^Sushi
Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 AM   #96
Refugee

Local Time: 05:25 PM
Quote:

Awwww!! So cute! I love kittens so much.

LivLuv-I hope that Posh feels better soon
Old 08-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #97
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:25 PM
Here's ChiChi our family's 17 yr old cat (living with CRF) sitting with my Dad today. She was entertained by him blowing bubbles

And sitting in the sun.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #98
Babyface

awww!! adorable cats everyone!! 1 of my 3 cats is sitting on my lap right now. i dont have any pix of my cats on my computer but trust me, they are cute!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:25 PM
ALEXANDRIA, Ind. - This cool cat has traded in his catnip for some bling. Sebastian, a 1-year-old Persian with long black hair, sports gold crowns on his two bottom canines, which grew sticking out from his lips in an underbite similar to a bulldog's.

His owner, dentist David Steele, said he gave Sebastian gold crowns to help strengthen the fanged feline's teeth. Steele said he was worried the unique canines would break off or become a problem.

"It's possible to work on animals the same way we do humans," he said. "I did it to strengthen (Sebastian's) teeth, but it had an excellent cosmetic result. The cat gets a lot of attention now. Everyone is tickled to death when they see him."

Sebastian's two gold teeth protruding from his furry face make him seem a little menacing, like a hip-hop star's guard-cat or a movie villain's pet. The feline didn't seem too happy with his new look at first.
"He's normally around me all the time," Steele said. "After I put the crowns on, he didn't 'speak' to me for two days."

When Sebastian was tranquilized about a month ago to get his coat trimmed, Steele used the occasion to take impressions of his teeth. He then sent those impressions to a company that prepares crowns for his human patients.

"They called back and asked me what I was up to," Steele said.

Two weeks ago, veterinarian Larry Owen tranquilized the cat at the Alexandria Animal Hospital about 30 miles northeast of Indianapolis so Steele could do the dentistry work, which took about 15 minutes to complete.Owen said putting gold crowns on teeth can be done for any pet with a dental problem.

"Mostly, though, it was a fun thing to do," Owen said. "(Steele is) always up to something or trying something new."

Steele said he has put a crown on a cat once before, after the animal was hit by a car. He also put a gold crown on his Boston terrier.

Steele said the cost for each gold tooth is about the same as for humans — about $900 each.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #100
War Child

my cat is going to the vet for the first time since last June on tuesday

she's really afraid of her carrying case so I thought it would be a good idea to put her food and water in there for the last couple days leading up so she would associate the carrying case with food instead of the vet

do you guys think thats a good strategy?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:24 PM   #101
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Very smart! Also, once you get her in there you could drape a towel over the carrier. Some cats do better that way because they feel more like they are 'hiding' and safe.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:19 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 08-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #103
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You know that face cats make after they lick their 'you know what'

Old 08-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #104
War Child

my sister's cat is having some behavioral problems

she keeps pouncing on my sisters feet in bed, and continues after discipline, and has shown other signs of random aggressiveness. the cat has plenty of toys/scratching posts around for her to play with so we don't know why she's such a troublemaker

before my sister has to kick her out of her room at night are there any suggestions for dealing with this?

thanks

edit: just found this link pertaining to a similar topic

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resou...eBehavior.html

if the things that this article suggests are correct, would it make sense for my sister to stop disciplining her cat; and possible spray and odor neutralizer on her foot, or does that make no sense
Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sometimes, I think they think "the sheet monster" is just so much more fun than any of their other toys. Plus, it gets an interesting reaction from their owner. Both of my cats used to try to pounce my feet in bed when they were younger. What I found to work well was to play with them really hard before bed to wear them out. A laser pointer would really do them in. Now that they're older, they pretty much just sleep most of the time anyway, so it hasn't been an issue for a long while.