MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:drool: So many pretty cats. I :heart: the siamese on here. Snowflake is a gorgeous snowshoe, and Worf looks like Tasha's half-sister actually. Patches looks like my grandma's cat Rosie a bit too. Beautiful kitties LivLuv!

Oh, side notes on the names of my cats-- I named Tasha when I was around 5 years old (11-ish years ago) and I was heavily into Barney (there was a character on there named Tasha). I also gave her the middle name of Red just for the heck of it, lol.
My mom named Sushi because it sounds like her name (Susie).
We couldn't come up with a name for Sophie (my dad and I wanted to name her Fluffy, but my mom didn't want that), but finally my mom suggested Sophia. We rejected that, but stuck with Sophie.

More of our cats.....

Maximus (orange) and Loki (tabby) in the window. I swear I did not pose them! They're too cute, soory about the crappy pics - the sun was too bright.
Cats%20Aug%2006%20004.jpg

Cats%20Aug%2006%20019.jpg

Cats%20Aug%2006%20022.jpg

Cats%20Aug%2006%20023.jpg

Cats%20Aug%2006%20025.jpg

Beckham wants to join
Cats%20Aug%2006%20007.jpg

Loki's getting neutered tomorrow morning! :yikes:

Last edited:
Hey Cat people --- I have a question about my feline friend, Roy.

He has a slight problem it seems. It looks almost like dandruff, or dry skin. There is a clump of hair together on his back, and we just removed it today -- it was a glob of hair stuck together like. I wonder if Roy got into a mess in the basment, and some chemical or detergent or something dripped on him.

He's very very fluffy and furry (you might remember from pictures). But the dry skin looked like little white bits, like dandruff. It is throughout the very back of his skin. He doesn't itch it or anything, though, and othewise seems normal. I cannot really tell what that clump of hair on his back was, but it was really stuck together.

More about this later.

Thanks for your help, and any suggestions

Sounds like exactly what you said, either he got something on his fur or he's got some dandruff. You could try a washcloth with mild soap and warm water on it and then see how it is tomorrow.

Well, Loki is now neutered!

We found mites (look like chiggers, but they're very tiny and hard to tell) on our rabbit's face yesterday so we're all frantically pawing through the cats' fur....

yaa my Kitties been though a lot:sad:

he's 10 yrs old and he's been almost eating by a dog, had crystals in his tummy, been lost for like 2 weeks with no water...and been in more fights with cats then i can recall..im going to miss him when he's gone!!!:sad:

and been living with me for 10 yrs, that takes a lot:wink:

U2Girl1978 said:

It makes sense why he did it, but the gold looks funny. I suppose it makes no difference to the cat.

In other cat news, I think Posh has feline acne. She's missing hair on her chin and has areas of black spots. Mites on the rabbit, a tick in the dog's eyelid, and now itchy spots on Posh. Yay :|

EDIT: oops, posted as Phil. Whatever, it's his cat now too!

btw a male cat of mine mastubates on my bed and my bed only , why does it do this ?

when i say mastubates i mean rubs himself against my covers as if its a female cat.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

he has been doing this for 7 years now and its really annoying me lol.

vaz02 said:
btw a male cat of mine mastubates on my bed and my bed only , why does it do this ?

when i say mastubates i mean rubs himself against my covers as if its a female cat.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

animated185.gif

:lol:

vaz02 said:

THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

:|

Is the cat neutered?

For Honor said:
Hey Cat people --- I have a question about my feline friend, Roy.

He has a slight problem it seems. It looks almost like dandruff, or dry skin. There is a clump of hair together on his back, and we just removed it today -- it was a glob of hair stuck together like. I wonder if Roy got into a mess in the basment, and some chemical or detergent or something dripped on him.

Long haired cats and dogs can get matted fur if they aren't groomed regularly.

I switched to a ceramic bowl about a year ago after reading about feline acne. My babies haven't had a problem since. :heart:

Sherry Darling said:
Yeah? Never heard this before. Is it in general, or to prevent the problems Philk described?

Plastic dishes and bowls harbour bacteria.. and when the cat eats out of it they rub their chin against the bowl sometimes, and that can cause acne.

http://www.fabcats.org/acneandstudtail.html

Saki had a mild case not too long ago. It wasnt that he had plastic bowls but I was slacking off on washing his dry food bowl, and the dry food that he was eating was very oily so I am not surprised he got a little acne. For mild cases you can treat it daily with a warm washcloth and a small amount of anti-bacterial soap. For more severe cases they need to go to the vet to get treated.

:crack:

I'm cat-sitting for Daniel this weekend and he brought Tig over yesterday...omg....an 3 month old cat is liking having a 2 year old in the house! She is into EVERYTHING!

She didn't stress at all about coming over here, no hiding or anything. She ate and pooped within 10 or 15 minutes, lol, so I guess she's comfortable.

She got a little upset when Daniel left and kept crying by the door for a minute but since then, she's acting like this is her house. She's been in the closets, in the windows, in my boxes of ebay stuff, on my desk, on all of the tables, the bookshelves, under the beds, behind the TV...lol, she just hit F7 on my keyboard :laugh:

and I'm happy to say that Daniel brought over her ceramic food bowl...he's done his homework :wink:

Awww.. pics? :sexywink:

Usually cats do better in their own environment, i.e. you could go over there and feed her/check on her etc. But at such a young age they usually dont care and can adjust well.

She fell down the stairs earlier today :ohmy:

She grabbed a stuffed animal that is almost as big as she is and started wrestling with it at the top of the stairs...she did a back flip and tumbled down like 6 stairs :lmao:

DSCF1442.jpg

DSCF1444.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom