MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2006, 06:45 AM   #376
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Most cats schedules are exactly like that. Sleep in the day play at night LOL .. cats are nocturnal.
My cats do that. In the wee hours of the morning they all (and there are ten of them) decide to play and go thundering around in the attic (the cats' playroom) directly above me. How cats can make soooo much noise is beyond me.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 10-31-2006, 09:46 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,268
Local Time: 10:53 AM
LivLuv - so your cat does the "brrrrrr brrrrrrr" thing too huh? Max does that a lot. He'll walk over to one of us, tail pointed straight up in the hair and "brrrrrrr" away till he gets some attention. Once we fondle him and all, he lies still - as close to us as possible - for about 10 minutes then he'll be up and running. He's very hyper. Unitl he tired of his own company and comes back with that brrrr sound. It's probably a sound members of the cat family use in the wild to "round up" thier family or somesuch. I was wondering about that sound until you mentioned it.
__________________

__________________
Babydoll is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #378
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:53 AM
I the brrrr sound Both my cats do it.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #379
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
LivLuv - so your cat does the "brrrrrr brrrrrrr" thing too huh? Max does that a lot. He'll walk over to one of us, tail pointed straight up in the hair and "brrrrrrr" away till he gets some attention. Once we fondle him and all, he lies still - as close to us as possible - for about 10 minutes then he'll be up and running. He's very hyper. Unitl he tired of his own company and comes back with that brrrr sound.
YESSSS! That's exactly it! And our cat is named Max too. Well, his name is Maximus, but he goes by Max. He wanders around going "brrrrr brrrrr brrrr" and he does that funny thing where he holds his tail WAY up high. It's almost like he enjoys the sound of his own voice or something, he just paces around doing that. Beckham used to do this, but not really anymore, unless he's trying to get Posh to chase him. Posh has never done the "brrrr" or held her tail like that. She has a very whining high-pitched meow so she just plain cries when she wants attention.
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 12:48 AM   #380
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 10:53 AM
Not the greatest quality picture, but here's one of our cats, Lucia, in her ambush spot, which is where she lies in wait to trip the dog (who's blind, deaf, and very, very old) as he passes by on the way to his water bowl.


__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #381
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Aww yolland.. I didnt know you had a kitty She's beautiful
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cruzila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
Posts: 6,591
Local Time: 05:53 AM
I'm thinking about getting a 2nd cat. I have a 2 year old female who is very used to being spoiled. I am away for work for a pretty long time each day and at school as well. When I leave for work in the morning, she runs to the door and plops down in front of it as if to say "don't leave again!" I know she has to be lonely. She is pretty comfortable around other cats but I know introducing a new cat will take some adjusting.

My question is, do you think I should get a cat closer to her age vs. a kitten and do females and females get along better than males and females or doesn't it make a difference?

Thanks!!
__________________
cruzila is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #383
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:53 AM
I think if they're spayed and neutered, it doesn't matter as much. I had Beckham and as he grew up, I wanted to add a cat and the ladies at the cat rescue said to get a female kitten. It took a few weeks before I was comfortable leaving them out together while I was gone, but they did play a LOT and still do, despite the age and gender difference.
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #384
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:53 AM
If it were me I'd get a very young male. (That's what I did ).
The resident cat will feel less threatened if you bring in a kitten vs. an adult cat.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #385
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,268
Local Time: 10:53 AM
I promised myself I'll attempt to take pics of Max sometime soon... trouble is, he doesn't sit still long enough!

What's the best way to get a kitty to pose and sit quiet for a bit?
__________________
Babydoll is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #386
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,557
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
What's the best way to get a kitty to pose and sit quiet for a bit?
Our cats know "treat!" so if we get the camera ready and say "treat!" they stop and look for a second. They also know "spider" so if I say "spider" they'll stop what they're doing and look up.
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #387
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Take pics while he's sleeping .. or half asleep
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #388
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje


Our cats know "treat!" so if we get the camera ready and say "treat!" they stop and look for a second. They also know "spider" so if I say "spider" they'll stop what they're doing and look up.
My cat knows "treat" too. I get to see her this weekend since I'm going home for my birthday
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 04:53 AM
My wife is good at getting photos... there are alot of finger snaps and it usualy involves yarn or a paper ball.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 11-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #390
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
 
bonosloveslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Taking care of kitties
Posts: 9,655
Local Time: 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cruzila
I'm thinking about getting a 2nd cat. I have a 2 year old female who is very used to being spoiled. I am away for work for a pretty long time each day and at school as well. When I leave for work in the morning, she runs to the door and plops down in front of it as if to say "don't leave again!" I know she has to be lonely. She is pretty comfortable around other cats but I know introducing a new cat will take some adjusting.

My question is, do you think I should get a cat closer to her age vs. a kitten and do females and females get along better than males and females or doesn't it make a difference?

Thanks!!

I don't know how to copy and paste the actual page but if you go to this address (it is a pdf):

http://www.aafponline.org/resources/...Guidelines.pdf

Punch in page 37 at the bottom for ideas on introducing a new cat. I don't think the sex/ages matter as much as really going slow with the introduction.
__________________

__________________
bonosloveslave [at] interference.com
bonosloveslave is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com