MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Coondog" is so :cute: :cute: Sweetpea sounds like a sweet name :wink: And Oscar is an orange version of Otto, just not quite in the face :lol:

Congrats!

Liesje said:
Yeah, Oscar was so cool! But he's very overweight (bigger than he looks there), and I don't have experience trying to get a cat to normal weight, and while Beckham does well with new kittens, he hates older cats.

My MiloGuido's a pudge too (and an orange one at that). That cat just loves food. It's a challenge to keep everyone at a decent weight with as many cats as I have. I have two cats (Maxwell and Mitzi) who need extra food to keep their weight up; Milo, who's a major fattie; Oscar, who has always been a good weight until we moved last year and now has gained weight; Maddie, who is a pudge now but earlier this year was sick and very thin; Alex, Loki, and Miss Myrrh who are a bit on the large side, but not total pudges; and Isidore and Rickenbacker Straticaticus who are at a pretty good weight for them.

Feeding time is quite an adventure trying to make sure everyone gets what they are supposed to get. :crazy:

^Um, i know. I did think of this when I said it's ok for another cat to come around. :) But hey, who needs food here. I can eat cat food too right?

But that cat was pretty dang sweet. I picked it up, not thinking about how it might be sore from the declawing and ahem, other operation. But it just kind of put it's paws on my chest and snuggled me. So...I guess it won me over. :whistle:

But I am looking forward to it following beckham around so beckham can get pissed and take her down. Softly of course. :wink:

Liesje said:
This is her photo from the adoption site:
coondog.JPG

[/B]

omg. soooo beautiful!!! :cute:

Wait, do you still have Posh still or just Beckham??

Got Philk? said:
Both posh and becky. We'll have 3 now. I honestly think we're working towards 10. :wink:

10 cats can happen really easily and without trying. Trust me. :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:

omg. soooo beautiful!!! :cute:

Wait, do you still have Posh still or just Beckham??

Yep, still both. Posh doesn't really come into the equation when it comes to getting new cats. She either stays away from the new cat, or just sits on the bed and ignores them. That's what happened when my roommate got her cats. With Beckham, I have to make sure he's not too rough or too defensive, but Posh just stays away.

Speaking of getting another kitty to add to the household, we recently got another one! :hyper:

My roomate's gf has a tiny black and white fuzzy kitten named Robert and she introduced him to our other cat Max. The kitten started hissing at first, but they became friends after a little while. Max doesn't pay much attention to him, but once in a while the kitten will swipe at him or hiss at him... and Max doesn't react at all, its so amusing to see this! :lol:

I get Coondog in 4 hours... :hyper:

Last night the other cats were very confused. Why is there a new litter box and clean bowls in the bedroom? Hehe :macdevil:

Coondog is soooooo cute!! I think I'll call her Marijke since she has an M on her forehead and her chin. She's is completely unlike Beckham, who was shy and hid, and Posh, who was a diva and would rather make hell than sit still. Coondog LOVES to cuddle, she purrs nonstop, and she loves to climb on your chest or sit on your shoulder. Poor thing hates being quarantined in the bedroom, but her fresh incision is a teeny bit infected and she's ready to play rough with Beckham. Plus I told her she ain't coming out until she shows me she knows where the litter box is! Posh is totally spaced b/c she just got back from her vaccination (which includes almost and hour in the car and seeing big dogs).

OK, this was hard. She does not sit still!!

You can see she's basically a brown tabby and has crazy hair like a Maine Coon. Hopefully it will shorten up as she grows but who knows. She has one obvious calico spot on her nose (two of her sibs were callies and the other was a tabby).

Nov%2006%20024.jpg

Pets%20Nov%2006%20001.jpg

Pets%20Nov%2006%20007.jpg

You can see the "M" on her forehead and chin
Pets%20Nov%2006%20009.jpg

Pets%20Nov%2006%20010.jpg

This is really the only photo that does her eyes justice
Pets%20Nov%2006%20011.jpg

Pets%20Nov%2006%20014.jpg

She's so funny! Since they front-declawed her (why?) she has a habit of chewing on her front paws. So, instead of showing affection through kitty massage and licking, she pries my hands open, and chews on each of my fingertips! At first I thought she wanted to nip and play with hands, but when I let her do it, she settled down and started purring while gently chewing each finger. The she looks up like "There, I chewed on your itchy fingers for you" She follows me everywhere and cries if I have to use the bathroom. I took the day off sick :D (well, I am sick, but I usually work until I'm sicker).

LivLuv -those pics are wonderful! She's soooo pretty! :cute:

Question: When I tried taking Max's pics, his eyes always showed up red and he ends up looking like a deranged devil cat. :lol: Any tips?

Congrats on your new addition Lies.

Babydoll,

That's because his eyes must be blue :wink:

Try to take pics without the flash, in a well lit area.

Yeah, like Sicy said, I don't use a flash unless I'm far away and they're not looking. If I use a flash with Beckham, he turns out silver. I try to turn on lots of lights, or I use manual settings in low lighting. The sparkle in her eyes on those pics is from a light in front of her, not a camera flash. The trick is getting them to hold still when the flash is not use.

Here's an odd qustion... is there some sort of website out there that provides ratings/reviews on local Veternarians? I think Pita might have to be taken in for a possible UTI :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom