MERGED --> For Cat Lovers Only IV + Questions for cat people - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Your camera is awesome. That first pic of Posh should be on a calendar or something.
I actually used my mom's camera for the Poshie ones. She gets such great color, I rarely have to adjust saturation. I've been impressed enough to change my brand loyalty (Canon to Nikon). There's always good light by that window, and I've been waiting for Poshie to stop there for days

And I give all the credit to Picasa

Old 09-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #212
The Fly

Local Time: 02:23 AM
This is Jack....waiting for the terrorists
Smokey is too happy and doesn't know WHAT is going on
and Chloe is just laying low

Old 09-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #213
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
This is just too entertaining!

OMG, did she eat him?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #214
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:23 PM
No way they're friends!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #215
The Fly

That is too hilarious. Needs to be in a calendar.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #216
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Zoey

And a close up of her toes

Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Any tips on teaching Beckham to STOP eating my houseplants?! I read somewhere to get them cat grass and show them which plants they can chew, so I did that. Posh loved it, but Beckham ignored it. Now he's constantly trying to munch on my palm (which is not on the "toxic for cats" list).
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #218
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You could try spraying the leaves with bitter apple.. available at the pet store.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Try putting some orange or lemon peel on top of the dirt. He'll prick up his whiskers and run away! A little water gun is also a cheap remedy.

Jack's mysterious drooling stopped yesterday, and he's back to running around and being his usual cute self
Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks, guys! I knew cats hate citrus, but I wasn't sure what things are OK and won't kill the plant.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah that works, my sister's cat used to try and eat our houseplants all the time.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #222
The Fly

Any tips on keeping outdoor cats from jumping on our windows screens ?!!! Its finally cooling off at night and we are opening up the windows, but they wanna see inside and GET inside and so they jump on them and dangle and THEY ARE MAKING HOLES IN MY SCREENS!

someone suggested spraying water on them , but they actually PLAY in water sprays! lol I dont want to make them mean by doing something they will hate...but i need to do something!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 10:23 PM
My sister rescued a kitten today at the school where she works . It came up to her when she was by one of the portables and started rubbing against her leg. She said he is really friendly. The school said that the kitten's been there for a few days (they've been feeding him) and they think someone just dumped him there, because he wasn't dirty or afraid of people.

She didn't intend to take him home (although now she is glad she did). She went by the ASPCA and called the humane society, but they were both full and weren't accepting any cats at the moment.

She's going to take him to a vet next week and hopefully he'll be healthy. She said he was very active (and was trying to play with her hair while she was driving today - no cat carrier yet). He's black and white and she's named him "Stevie" for now .

Please send positive thoughts that Stevie will be a healthy cat *fingers crossed*.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #224
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spanisheyes74
Any tips on keeping outdoor cats from jumping on our windows screens ?!!! Its finally cooling off at night and we are opening up the windows, but they wanna see inside and GET inside and so they jump on them and dangle and THEY ARE MAKING HOLES IN MY SCREENS!

someone suggested spraying water on them , but they actually PLAY in water sprays! lol I dont want to make them mean by doing something they will hate...but i need to do something!
Are they not allowed inside?
Old 09-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #225
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern
My sister rescued a kitten today at the school where she works . It came up to her when she was by one of the portables and started rubbing against her leg. She said he is really friendly. The school said that the kitten's been there for a few days (they've been feeding him) and they think someone just dumped him there, because he wasn't dirty or afraid of people.

She didn't intend to take him home (although now she is glad she did). She went by the ASPCA and called the humane society, but they were both full and weren't accepting any cats at the moment.

She's going to take him to a vet next week and hopefully he'll be healthy. She said he was very active (and was trying to play with her hair while she was driving today - no cat carrier yet). He's black and white and she's named him "Stevie" for now .

Please send positive thoughts that Stevie will be a healthy cat *fingers crossed*.

Is she going to keep him?? Have her ask the vet to scan him for a microchip.. just in case..