MERGED ----> Fahrenheit 9/11 + fahrenheit 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Fahrenheit 9/11

It was one of the best films I have ever seen. I thoroughly enjoyed Bowling for Columbine and this was as good as it. It is such an engrossing and intelligent movie. Although it is about serious subjects, Moore still puts a touch of humor.

The movie has got really disturbing and sad scenes which are not for the faint of heart.

If you still want to re-elect Bush after seeing this documentary then I dont know what else could convince you not to re-elect him. :|

I agree w/ everything you said. There's a thread about it in FYM if you want to check it out :) Like I said there, my head is spinning w/ so many thoughts about it that it's difficult to put into words.

This movie isn't going to be shown anywhere in Alabama. This really pisses me off. I should have the right to see the thing. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

i can't believe they're not showing it near you, verte. :tsk:

it's even on the front page of our local theatre chain, malco! i think i may see it at my favourite theatre this weekend. :hmm: ooh and they're showing it on two screens, plus super size me. (this place only has five screens so something being on two screens is an oddity.) looks like i may have to do a double feature!

i'm kinda skeptical about all the facts, but then again i was too about bowling. but i saw that movie and enjoyed it. not to mention a local senator is in it!

it's playing in here at the single coolest place to see movies (it was an old opera house)

i'm looking forward to seeing it.

verte76 said:
This movie isn't going to be shown anywhere in Alabama.

Actually it's opening in a few places there...

Hoover, AL Rave Patton Creek 15

Hoover, AL Rave Patton Creek 15

Mobile, AL Springdale Mall 11

Mobile, AL Springdale Mall 11

Montgomery, AL Rave Festival Plaza

All showings at US theatres are listed here

Facts, no facts, that's not what swayed me in the movie.

It was Lila Lipscomb and I cannot, either emotionally nor intellectually ever understand somebody looking her in the face and saying they will vote for Bush again. It may be closed minded of me, but I truly don't even care. Her story is devastating and there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. None. I hope her son found his peace on the other side, and I hope she is together with him again one day.

I've posted twice about this movie in FYM. I saw it last night, and I want to see it again, possibly even today.
This movie is very powerful, and at times it's hard to bear. As Anitram pointed out, the story of Lila Lipscomb is heartbreaking.
This is not easy viewing, but it is essential viewing.

My roommate saw it in Oklahoma City today. She said that the film was good and she was glad to see it, but that the audience was horrible. Both liberals and conservatives yelled expletives at the screen throughout the film, yelled at each other, and generally caused quite a commotion. She said when she arrived at the theater, there were police officers there. When she left, she understood why.

i saw it this afternoon.
definitely two thumbs up from me :up: :up:

the audience i saw it with was great. they laughed off and on throughout the movie and applauded at the end. that's one of the things i like about going to movies on opening day, the audience participation.

i also thought they were going to beat up the guy who started talking on his cell phone during the movie :laugh: this guy was talking for about 5 minutes, jerk. about 15 people turned towards the guy and told him to shut the :censored: up :lol:

i was almost on tv too but i snuck by behind the person ahead of me. i was running late for the art show i was in tonite. fox news crews were out in front of the theater when the movie got out interviewing people asking them how they liked the movie. the guy behind me in line got interviewed.

I want to see this movie. I will have to see it by myself or take my sister because most of everyone I know are Pro-Bush and Anti-Moore.

I went this morning to buy tickets for a show tonight and every show was already sold out except for the 12:20 at night show. So I'll have to wait. The theater that I'm going to see it at in Chicago got death threats for showing the movie.

I'm going to go see it when it comes out in the UK in July. :hyper: It'll be weird because I'll have seen both Bowling for Columbine and this new movie as most likely the only American in the theatre.

I would never patronize a far left liar like Moore. He has no idea what he is talking about.

I know many of you will say "You havent seen it, so how can you criticize it?" crap. Well, I dont need to see it to know that what he says are angry lies coming from nowhere in a desperate attempt to get Bush out of town.

Dont get me wrong, I guess he has the right to make the film. But I think he should be called an entertainer, not a documentarian. The whole idea of documentarians are to tell the truth, something which Moore is just not doing.

i enjoyed the film. the only parts i didn't think were well-put were the soldier interviews in iraq and the continuation of his ongoing tirade regarding flint.

first of all, the clarification that the soldiers being interviewed first had just arrived, and then them being regretful about their stays their was later in the war was fuzzy at best. they made those soldiers look like assholes. as a friend of several members of ROTC at MSU, i disagree with that. moore could've stuck with rumsfeld, ashcroft and the like but he went off on the soldiers which was wrong. maybe if he had some of the prison abuse footage, that would've been more appropriate. as we all know, that was just a few of the many soldiers over there.

and michael, dear, shut the hell up about flint. flint's a dump. no one in michigan cares about flint anymore. it was all self-inflicted wounds. greedy union leaders who continually went on strike for higher, outrageous wages. there's no wonder why employers don't want to move to flint, and why a lot of people want to move out.

other than that, i thought it was a good film. i've never really believed in bush much, but not to quite the fervor some doubters are anti-bush (anyone but bushies). regardless, makes you think twice about how much intellect he really posesses.

Diane L said:
I just got back from seeing it a second time.

I can't remember when I've been so affected by a movie. It makes me laugh, cry, and most importantly, think.

i find myself wanting to see it again too...

I really want to see this, but as of now I will have to drive at least two hours to see it in the theater. :mad: But since it made it to No. 1 at the box office nationwide this weekend, maybe my local cineplex will show it soon. Even if they don't, I hear Moore is hoping to get the DVD out by September - and that will have extra footage.

Back
Top Bottom