MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
The ending disappointed me, I guess I was expecting some colossal "bang" and it just ended w/ sort of a whimper. The action was fantastic, and Yoda rocks My favorite as a kid was always R2D2. I guess you can start to see political/Bush/Iraq themes, that was already in my head so I was just predisposed to thinking about that during the movie. Hayden has improved but I was still a little disappointed in him, the scenes w/ Natalie were sort of awkward and lacking.
If you think about it, the saga as a whole is bittersweet. I thought the ending was especially touching considering the parallels with Episode 4.

Also, Hayden and Portman have improved considerably from that ackward mess of a budding relationship shown in Episode 2. Not the model of a love story in Episode 3, but not so "fingernails on a chalkboard" like last movie.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I can't believe I missed George Lucas, I read he's in a scene very briefly. Did anyone catch that?
I caught him. He was actually quite prominent on the screen, though the action was away from his character. (I can PM you the scene to avoid spoiling it for others).

Old 05-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #107
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Even though Luke says "real mother" (of course then you could employ the 'certain point of view' thing).
I'm actually curious; when does Leia actually know that her parents in Alderaan weren't her real parents. I.e. In 'A New Hope' she refers to her father as 'my father'. Off-hand I can't recall when it was made clear to us that she knew she was even adopted. Maybe someone can jog my memory?

Ant.

Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 05-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon

Even though Luke says "real mother" (of course then you could employ the 'certain point of view' thing). And as far as Leia having visions of Padme... Padme is untrained in the force and presumably not even force sensitive. It is overwhelmingly improbable that at her death she was able to become one with the force. According to Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn was more or less the first Jedi in recorded history to learn the skill anyway.
Regardless of whether or not Padme was Force-sensitive, it's clear that Leia is. That's why she was able to hear Luke's call for help at the end of Empire Strikes Back. So while she may have only been in her mothers presence for a mere moment, it's possible that the Force imprinted her mother's spirit onto her. She was also in the womb for 9 months so it's possible the Force was working its magic there as well.

Besides, when you have memories of your infant years, they're not exactly clear. All Leia says is that Padme was beautiful and sad. She was certainly looking both of those things throughout the entire film.

Plot hole filled. Oh yeah, and that was one of the greatest movie experiences of my entire life.

laz
Old 05-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by skjuls

I hear ya, I love EWAN!!

and somebody in the I have seen it thread, made fun of his mole or whatever, calling it a pimple!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I talked about the mole or pimple or whatever...

you're telling me that's beign there ALL THE TIME?.. I never noticed... sorry

but it DID upset me... couldn't take my eyes away from it
Old 05-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:31 AM
Great movie, it was good to see George finally got it completely right again. Episode 1 was mediocre (other than Darth Maul) and 1/2 of Episode 2 seemed right to me (the beginning of the Clone Wars). Episode 3 finally had that same effect on me that the original trilogy did. Its to bad we had to suffer through most of Ep 1 and 1/2 of Ep 2 to get the pay off. But it was worth it!

My only minor complaint was that Tarkin only had about 10 seconds of screen time at the end. It would have been nice to get some kind of understanding why he is so high ranking and seems to have so much influence on Vader in Ep 4.

Also, did anyone else spot the M. Falcon landing at the Senate Headquarters? For some reason it caught my eye.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:15 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

The movie made an estimated $16.5 million for ONLY midnight showings yesterday. That is unbelievable.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think we are going to see it here tomorrow. woo! I can't really believe that it is opening all the way over here in the middle of Africa so early!

Thinking it's going to be good that it's dubbed in French. That way the clunky dialogue won't distract me from the action and FX.

Old 05-20-2005, 06:11 AM   #113
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

I talked about the mole or pimple or whatever...

you're telling me that's beign there ALL THE TIME?.. I never noticed... sorry

but it DID upset me... couldn't take my eyes away from it
Yes, he's always had that!

check out Shallow Grave, Trainspotting!!

It's there!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:48 AM   #114
Refugee

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Saw it last night. That's all I have to say about it right now.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #115
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon

Let's not forget that Leia tells Luke she remembers her mother as both beautiful and singing to her.

Georgie, I can't see even the most devoted being able to fan-wank this one.
That's the first thing I thought too. I was hoping they'd show something interesting and exciting of how she died when Leia was a child. Just another thing that doesn't make sense when Lucas goes goofing around with his story.

I also have a problem with him going back doctoring stuff and not letting you have the original if you prefer it. Speilberg changed the ET scene to walkie talkies but he also provided the original. U2 redid Pop songs but you can still buy the original. Lucas wants all the old stuff off the market and destroyed. He's losing his mind, I think. While the rights may belong to him, the stories are part of pop culture and belong to us all. We have a right to remember them the way we like.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

Regardless of whether or not Padme was Force-sensitive, it's clear that Leia is. That's why she was able to hear Luke's call for help at the end of Empire Strikes Back. So while she may have only been in her mothers presence for a mere moment, it's possible that the Force imprinted her mother's spirit onto her. She was also in the womb for 9 months so it's possible the Force was working its magic there as well.

Besides, when you have memories of your infant years, they're not exactly clear. All Leia says is that Padme was beautiful and sad. She was certainly looking both of those things throughout the entire film.

Plot hole filled. Oh yeah, and that was one of the greatest movie experiences of my entire life.

laz
Luke was in the same womb the same time and he didn't have those images. This was a big blunder for Lucas, I can't believe it.

Now fill this, Laz:

If Darth is so damn strong with the force, why was he not able to feel out the babies, or Obi Wan in that cave, all those years? He didn't even know Leia was his child until he sensed it in Luke in the fight scene of Jedi. Come on!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #117
War Child

Local Time: 12:31 AM
"turns on kid-mode" Be quiet!!! I'm going home!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #118
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

I also have a problem with him going back doctoring stuff and not letting you have the original if you prefer it.
My sister has a t-shirt that says:

"Han shot first!

Don't mess with a classic."

Old 05-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #119
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

If Darth is so damn strong with the force, why was he not able to feel out the babies, or Obi Wan in that cave, all those years? He didn't even know Leia was his child until he sensed it in Luke in the fight scene of Jedi. Come on!
I think Obi-Wan knew how to shield himself--they didn't sense that Palpatine was the Sith Lord, so it must be a fairly common Jedi trick. He sensed him when he boarded the Death Star--but Obi-Wan was basically looking for him.

Vader didn't know she was pregnant with twins--and he thought the one child died with her. And the first time he senses Luke is when Luke is already semi-trained in the Force--but only

bly did sense that Leia was Force-sensitive (he mentions she was resistant to torture) but he probably just didn't care. He wouldn't neccessarily go oh, she must be my kid.

My theory, anyway. My mom says Lucas just made Luke and Leia related so that Han could have the girl without any qualms.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

It is interesting - sensing another seems like a shaky ability at best. When Anakin visited Padme at their apartment, he could sense that Obi-Wan had been there. Flash forward to the Death Star, when Vader senses something - something he had not sensed since being with Obi-Wan.