MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2005, 07:03 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
How much Ewan is there? Sorry, but this woman needs to know
I hear ya, I love EWAN!!

and somebody in the I have seen it thread, made fun of his mole or whatever, calling it a pimple!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 07:33 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

a mole on a man that sexy is completely irrelevant

Old 05-19-2005, 07:42 AM   #93
Refugee

Quote:
a mole on a man that sexy is completely irrelevant
And sexy, that he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:53 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:20 AM
Amazing movie !!!!!!,, Finally George got it right
Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Well, that didn't take too long...

Final 'Star Wars' film leaked to the Internet

By Adam Pasick

LONDON (Reuters) - The final chapter of the Star Wars saga has gone over to the Internet's dark side.

"Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith" has been leaked onto a major file-sharing network just hours after opening in theaters, at a time when Hollywood is increasingly concerned about online piracy.

At least two copies of the film, which was first shown in theaters in the early hours of Thursday, have been posted to the BitTorrent file-sharing network -- a new and increasingly popular technology that allows users to download large video files much more quickly than in the past.

The Motion Picture Association of America has been aggressive in going after Web sites that provide "tracker" links that enable BitTorrent downloads of copyrighted material, including six lawsuits this week against sites with links to TV shows.

According to Web site Waxy.org (http:/www.waxy.org), one print was leaked on Wednesday before the film was even released in theaters. The movie was time-stamped, suggesting it may have come from within the industry rather than from someone who videotaped an advance screening.

One popular tracker Web site showed more than 16,000 people currently downloading the film via BitTorrent.

Hollywood is trying to avoid the fate of the music industry, which claims it has lost hundreds of millions of dollars worth of sales to illicit file-sharing networks.

Movie files are about 50 times larger than music files, which makes them much more cumbersome to download, but new technologies like BitTorrent and increased high-speed Internet penetration are closing the gap.

Lucasfilm Ltd and the MPAA were not immediately available for comment.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
OMG, how geeky
Geeky were the two high school kids at the front of the line. Not only did they have that bleary eyed look like they already saw the midnight or 3:00am showing, but they also had their trust lightsabers clipped to their belts.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #97
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:20 PM
I saw it last night. My friends and I went in bathrobes in an attempt to be geekily ironic but I don't think it worked.

I really liked it! I went in expecting it to suck, but at last Lucas pulled it off. Except for the fate of Padme...booooo!!! Either go all the way and have him kill her, or let her live--otherwise how does Leia remember her??? (I always thought she died to protect them, which would have been much more in character.)
Old 05-19-2005, 01:11 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
I saw it last night. My friends and I went in bathrobes in an attempt to be geekily ironic but I don't think it worked.

I really liked it! I went in expecting it to suck, but at last Lucas pulled it off. Except for the fate of Padme...booooo!!! Either go all the way and have him kill her, or let her live--otherwise how does Leia remember her??? (I always thought she died to protect them, which would have been much more in character.)
Let's not forget that Leia tells Luke she remembers her mother as both beautiful and singing to her.

Georgie, I can't see even the most devoted being able to fan-wank this one.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #99
War Child

See, she uses the force as a child and sees a vision of her mother, just as Luke later sees visions of Obiwan. Ha.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 PM   #100
New Yorker

He'll probably go back and re-edit ROTJ again, and snip the line.

Oh and A New Hope, to show Obi Wan communing with Qui-Jon!!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:01 PM   #101
War Child

You do realize that this is how childrens games are played don't you? Nothing is unexplainable after the fact
Old 05-19-2005, 02:01 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Of all the Original Trilogy plot points to miss, this one was on everyone's radar screen.

The "certain point of view" line was addressed a couple of times.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:07 PM   #103
The Fly

Local Time: 12:20 AM
The mother Leia remebers is her adopted mother...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:35 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by OnoBsiDog
The mother Leia remebers is her adopted mother...
Even though Luke says "real mother" (of course then you could employ the 'certain point of view' thing). And as far as Leia having visions of Padme... Padme is untrained in the force and presumably not even force sensitive. It is overwhelmingly improbable that at her death she was able to become one with the force. According to Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn was more or less the first Jedi in recorded history to learn the skill anyway.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Geeky were the two high school kids at the front of the line. Not only did they have that bleary eyed look like they already saw the midnight or 3:00am showing, but they also had their trust lightsabers clipped to their belts.
Yeah, that's geeky

I caved, I just got back. It was crowded but not sold out, my theater has it on 5 screens. The ending disappointed me, I guess I was expecting some colossal "bang" and it just ended w/ sort of a whimper. The action was fantastic, and Yoda rocks My favorite as a kid was always R2D2. I guess you can start to see political/Bush/Iraq themes, that was already in my head so I was just predisposed to thinking about that during the movie. Hayden has improved but I was still a little disappointed in him, the scenes w/ Natalie were sort of awkward and lacking.

I can't believe I missed George Lucas, I read he's in a scene very briefly. Did anyone catch that?

Plenty of Ewan too, that made me very happy Only he could make that outfit look good.