MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh boy it was good
acting was better
dialog was better
script was better
no bad actioon scenes
no bad scenes
yoda was great
lucas is great
it was awesome
why only one of three ????
no jar-jar binks
4 stars
feels like empire strikes back
original trilogy is better overall

It has always struck me that the force-users, be they Jedi or Sith, really did depend on how strong the force was with them, for lack of a better expression. For instance, the recurring theme in the Prequel trilogy seems to be that the Jedi's ability to use the force has diminished greatly, that the dark side has intensified and hence clouds everything - explaining why they couldn't even sense Darth Sidious' true identity, even though he was under their very noses. This must also, by implication, affect other smaller scale abilities - such as the ability to sense people geographically. For instance, you have the Emperor sensing that Vader is in trouble on a far away system before anything truly bad happens to him, and yet, Obi-Wan was unable to sense that Anakin had turned to the dark side and was slaying all those younglings (though Yoda knew it of course, being the powerful Jedi that he is even when the Dark side is blurring everything).

I really think that can explain some 'discrepancies' in the saga.

Ant.

Wow. I left that movie speechless. It was amazing. I took the day off of work, so I went to a 9am show at the Mann Village in Westwood, best theatre I've been in other than maybe the Chinese. 70 foot screen, digital projection, brilliant.

I think this is up there with Empire, which I watched along with A New Hope this afternoon. Yes I am a geek.

I am off to the Audioslave concert... have to do something non geeky

:wink:

i don't think leia ever said she remembers her mother singing

she said she has images and feelings, and that she was beautiful and sad

anyway, i never felt that the force was some kind of mind reading all-knowing power. i think it varies in strength from person to person, with degrees and abilities being unique to each individual. wondering why people did or didn't sense one thing or another seems a bit silly.

what would not be silly, however, is wondering why grievous had such bad asthma.

Just returned from watching it. I went in with the lowest of low expectations which even the deluge of positive reviews couldn't lift, and...

OH MY GOD, IT DIDN"T STINK!!! It was actually quite damn good!

Ok, George still can't write a decent romantic scene to save his hide, it's riddled with inconsistencies and there are plotholes the size of the Death Star. But in most respects the film is a huuuge leap from the atrocities of the first two episodes, especially the acting. Ewan McGregor is finally allowed to sparkle; Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine is a great slimebag; Hayden Christensen is lot more comfortable in the role of Anakin and after losing his ridiculous hairdo finally looks like a man who a mature woman like Padme could fall for. And Jar-Jar Binks is an extra without a single line of dialogue, woo-hoo!

Padme and Anakin's love story still doesn't convince me 100%, but this time around I felt there was genuine chemistry between Obi-Wan and Anakin and I actually got a lump in my throat when these two former friends became enemies.

Yoda's smug wisdom always got on my nerves but RoTS was the absolute highpoint. "Be happy when someone you love dies? Let go of things you're afraid to lose?" Gee Yoda, how supportive! No matter the kid turns to someone else for guidance.

seen it twice in a 16 hour period. went to midnight showing and it was sooooo awesome, then again yesterday!!! i love star wars!!! i was gonna see it again today with some friends but my mom was mad at me and wouldnt let me go!!! so i think i get the STAR WARS GEEK AWARD of the evening :wink:

great movie!!!

*SPOILER ***

the powerful moment was , when obi-wan and Anakin had a dialog scene , and obi-wan said " Goodbye old friend " right before all the bad things

I caught onto that ^^^^while seeing it for the second time.

This one is the first one I've been to see again in the movie theater since the orginals came out. Episode 1 & 2 I only saw once in the theater.

I really liked this one a lot, some emotional moments in it.

I've only seen Sith 3 times and I'm kicking myself. Believe it or not, I saw The Phantom Menace 9 times in the theatre (one was for the November charity rerelease), and Clones about 7 times. I know the films have many detractors, but they really got better the more I watched them. The bad parts tend to fade to the background, and the truly groundbreaking imagination of Lucas that makes up the majority of the films is what sticks with me.

Once Episode III hits the $2 theatre I'll be making up for some lost time.

In Mexico we got the DVD since last thursday. It is the best damn looking DVD I have ever seen. I couldnt notice a single artifact or compression problem in my LCD screen. Extras disc is would, but I hoped for better deleted scenes, maybe an extended duel or something. Still is a great release, and a must have for anyone who likes these films.

Back
Top Bottom