MERGED --> Episode III: Revenge of the Sith + Got to see the new Star Wars film - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 08:56 AM
I can't wait for Episode lll

Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Has anyone bought advance tickets yet? They're already selling out

LOS ANGELES - As Yoda would say "Sold out, the first shows are" for "Star Wars: Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith" at a cineplex in Hollywood.

Tickets for the 12:01 a.m. May 19 showing of George Lucas' latest installment of the "Star Wars" series have already sold out for all four screenings at the Arclight.

Tickets for the new "Star Wars" movie went on sale Friday at many theaters across the country and at online providers like Fandango.com. Fandango represents about 70 percent of the country's movie houses that have remote ticket sales.

"Star Wars" ticket sales figures from the weekend aren't yet available, but Fandango CEO Art Levitt said in a statement that "for those theaters already listing show times, the appetite for tickets is huge.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:56 AM
The marquee theaters will sell out for the midnight showings.

I plan on seeing the movie opening day at lunch time with my team at work. For the last Star Wars movie, there was no line at that time.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I plan on seeing the movie opening day at lunch time with my team at work
Will you be wearing your Chewbacca costume?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Who says I need a costume

I did tell my wife I wanted my own stormtrooper armor & helmet (like the 501st Legion!). She gave me that "I'll pretend I didn't hear such a ridiculous statement" type of look.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

lol

well that might prove to be, um, interesting
Old 04-20-2005, 01:57 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Heh, I have my tickets.

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Just watched the Clone Wars cartoon DVD. Not bad, got to see General Grievous who is quite the badass.
I love that cartoon! I haven't bought it yet, but I'll probably get it once I get my other Episode III merchandise.

I can't wait to see how Grievous looks on screen. Oh, and on a side note, I just received a catalog the other day that had an authenic replica Darth Vader costume priced at $1000.

Thought I'd mention it since someone brought up the subject of costumes.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:40 PM   #23
The Fly

I already bought my tickets.

About a mile from where I live is the AMC 30 (yes, THIRTY screens!). Three years ago, when Episode 2 came out, all 30 screens sold out! I was there for the midnight showing, and it took me about 45 minutes just to get inside the building. When the movie was over, it took over an hour for me to get out of the parking lot! This year I am walking to the theater and back, I'll get home faster that way!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:26 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

the midnight showing at my theater is sold out, I don't know about the rest of the day

Top Ten Questions To Ask Yourself Before Camping Out To See "Star Wars"

10. "Why don't I have anything better to do?"

9. "How many wookies does my tent sleep?"

8. "Will it be more fun than when I camped out to see 'Miss Congeniality 2'?"

7. "Exactly when did I give up on doing anything meaningful with my life?"

6. "Will I be teased by roving gangs of Trekkies?"

5. "If I use all my vacation days now, how will I take that trip to ice planet Hoth?"

4. "Does Starbucks let guys dressed as galactic bounty hunters use their bathroom?"

3. "I wonder how many other guys on line are named 'Shecky'?"

2. "Should I just pay the extra dollar and use moviefone?"

1. "If I had a girlfriend, what would she think?

Old 04-29-2005, 06:31 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I am looking forward to seeing this one. Apparently it is actually going to come to our theatre here in Mali the same week it starts in the States! I assume this is because the French version will already be ready to go (as it is premiering in Cannes). So woohoo! Will round up some friends and go see it.

Que la Force soyez avec vous!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #26
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not camping out but I'm planning on seeing it the first week. It all depends on my schedule
Old 05-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm going to U2 on May 18th, & I'm debating trying to find a theater near the Continental Arena that's having a midnight showing on May 19th!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

That's hardcore!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

I'm as big of a Star Wars fan there is, but I probably will wait several days before I see it, just so it's not that crazy.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

SAN RAFAEL, California (AP) -- The Force lands in theaters a bit more forcefully in the final installment of George Lucas "Star Wars" tale.

"Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" is the first "Star Wars" tale to receive a PG-13 rating. The movie was screened for reporters Tuesday night at Lucas' Skywalker Ranch, and the PG-13 rating -- "for sci-fi violence and some intense images" -- is well-deserved.

The action is relentless and includes sequences more dark and disturbing than anything previously seen in the tragic Skywalker soap opera.

Young Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) completes his transformation into blackhearted villain Darth Vader with a bloodbath against old allies, the body count including a corridor of "youngling" corpses -- Jedi children cut down by his light saber.

Anakin is left gruesomely mutilated in a death duel with former mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor). His surgical reclamation as the part-flesh, part-machine Vader is chillingly juxtaposed against the bleak childbirth scene of his wife, Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman), whose twins grow up to be heroes of the original "Star Wars" trilogy, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

Even cute and cuddly Jedi master Yoda takes his lumps, torched by the electroshock treatment dished out by the saga's puppetmaster, the evil emperor (Ian McDiarmid).

The previous five "Star Wars" flicks all were rated PG, which carry the mild warning "parental guidance suggested," and that some scenes might be unsuitable for children. The PG-13 rating carries the alert "parents strongly cautioned" that some material could be inappropriate for those younger than 13.

"We're getting a lot of flak from parents, a lot of people saying how can you do this? My children love these movies. Why can you not let them go see it?" Lucas told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But I have to tell a story. I'm not making these, oddly enough, to be giant, successful blockbusters. I'm making them because I'm telling a story, and I have to tell the story I intended."

Of course, the PG-13 rating does not prohibit children under 13 from seeing the film without an adult tagging along. And while it's not likely to make much of a dent in the movie's certain blockbuster status, the rating could give some parents pause.

"These are pretty intense. Who should be allowed to see them should be left up to the parents, but at least they're warned that it's pretty intense," Lucas said. "And obviously, that's not a good business move."