MERGED-->Eminem in rehab with pill problem + Eminem In Rehab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
Eminem in rehab with pill problem

Rauncy rapper Eminem has checked himself into a rehab center to treat an addiction to sleeping pills, his record label said yesterday.
"Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem, is in the hospital under doctors' care," Interscope said in a statement. "He is being treated for dependency on sleep medication."

Eminem, 32, checked into the hospital on Tuesday, accompanied by two burly bodyguards, Star magazine reported.

"He looked really rough, weak and tired out," a source told Star.

An Interscope spokeswoman declined to name the sleeping medication involved.

It has been a rough month for Slim Shady, who on Tuesday canceled a 10-date European tour, citing "exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues."

Last week, his aunt and uncle were the latest family members to file suit against Eminem. Betty and Jack Schmitt claim the rapper is trying to evict them from a house he built for them and isn't paying them a promised annual $100,000 stipend.

His legal woes and a renewed relationship with his ex-wife, Kim Mathers, contributed to Eminem's troubles, family insiders told Star.

With a Vicodin tattoo on his left arm, the nine-time Grammy Award-winning rapper has deep roots to drug culture. "I take a couple uppers, I down a couple downers," he raps in one song, "Purple Pills." "But nothing compares to these blue and yellow purple pills."

could be.... you wanna be a "gangsta", you gotta live 'da gangsta life style.....gang banging, drive bys, pill swallowin', and weeeeed

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
On one local station this was classified as "Breaking News" and had the first half hour of coverage on the evening news. :rolleyes: So he's another musician with a drug issue; just because he's local doesn't mean we need to push it to the top of the broadcast.

I take it you didn't go to Warren where the one radio station was having the get well card signing then? :wink:

Bonochick said:

I take it you didn't go to Warren where the one radio station was having the get well card signing then? :wink:

:huh:

i will never understand these people who have so much and yet still choose to throw it away on drugs and alcohol. not that mr mathers here has even come close to hitting rock bottom, i'm just talking in general.

most of them say the same thing about the pressures of being famous, etc. i mean, go buy a private island, staff it, and take your family on vacation for two months or something.

and tell your aunt and uncle to piss off and get their own money.

bonosgirl84 said:
i will never understand these people who have so much and yet still choose to throw it away on drugs and alcohol. not that mr mathers here has even come close to hitting rock bottom, i'm just talking in general.

most of them say the same thing about the pressures of being famous, etc. i mean, go buy a private island, staff it, and take your family on vacation for two months or something.

and tell your aunt and uncle to piss off and get their own money.

Actually, I can see this addiction coming out of a desire for normalcy. I'd say at the beginning he was probably just trying to regulate his sleep and be on top of things for touring purposes rathern than using them for escape.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I was watching Channel 4. I mean, come ON. It's Eminem! :barf:

If it were Jack or Meg White though...now we're talking! :lol:

You need to watch Fox 2. :drool:

It's all a cover up. His addiction is really to penis enlargement pills. It's the one area of rap that other rappers have a BIG advantage on him. He wanted to try and fight back and thus here we are today.

Eminem In Rehab

Thu Aug 18, 8:10 PM ET

Two days after deep-sixing his European tour citing "exhaustion," Eminem has confirmed through his publicist that he is in drug rehabilitation.

The Grammy-winning rapper "is in the hospital under doctors' care," Interscope Records spokesman Dennis Dennehy said in a brief statement Thursday. "He is being treated for dependency on sleep medication."

No further details were released. However, Star magazine reported that the rapper had checked in to a facility in his native Michigan.

Eminem has rapped about the wonders of LSD, has reportedly popped Ecstasy and even has a Vicodin tattoo, but he had claimed to have reformed his bad-boy lifestyle over the past few years.

On Tuesday, Dennehy released a statement announcing the cancellation of the 10-date European leg of the rapper's Anger Management 3 tour. At the time, Dennehy would only say the 32-year-old rapper nixed the trip due to "exhaustion, complicated by other medical issues" and that he was being treated for the undisclosed maladies.

The European sojourn was set to kick off Sept. 1 in Hamburg and wrap Sept. 17 in Dublin. The dates won't likely be rescheduled.

Eminem had finished the U.S. run of the tour, which also featured 50 Cent, Lil Jon and members of the G-Unit crew, Aug. 13 in his hometown of Detroit.

The trek had been marred by a major bus accident en route to Denver July 13, in which several members of the tour, including Eminem's deejay, were hospitalized.

News of Eminem's rehab stint comes amid some other trouble for the rapper. After having weathered salvos from his mother, grandmother and ex-wife, Eminem now faces a lawsuit from his aunt and uncle, Betty and Jack Schmitt, who claim he is trying to evict them from a house he had built for them and renegged on a promise to pay them a yearly stipend of $100,000. In their suit filed Aug. 12 in Michigan's Macomb County Court, the couple are seeking $350,000 in cash and ownership of the property, according to documents posted at the Smoking Gun.

In July, the Detroit Free Press reported the rapper otherwise known as Marshall Mathers III would be retiring from recording and performing following the European tour and instead focus on producing other artists.

But Mathers angrily dismissed the report, telling MTV.com, "When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out.

"When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move."

If indeed he retires, he will go out as the best selling hip-hop artist of all time. His four solo studio albums--1999's The Slim Shady LP, 2000's The Marshall Mathers LP, 2002's The Eminem Show and Encore--have moved more than 25 million copies in the U.S. alone and generated sales of more than $1 billion.

He's also won nine Grammys to go along with his Best Song Oscar for the 8 Mile track "Lose Yourself."

As an A&R man for his Shady Records, he guided 50 Cent's monster-selling debut release, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and has shepherded releases for his G-Unit posse and his Detroit rap crew D12.

Layton said:
It's all a cover up. His addiction is really to penis enlargement pills. It's the one area of rap that other rappers have a BIG advantage on him. He wanted to try and fight back and thus here we are today.

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom