Merged -> Doves Live, Doves In Chicago!!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2002, 10:33 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Angel
awesome Ali Rose!!!! I am going in philly and you just made me more psyched (if that's possible!!)
Hey, jkayet and I are going to Philly as well!

Old 09-12-2002, 11:24 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lady lemonade
Saw Doves last night, really good show, highly recommended

Oh, and Jimi was in a much better mood in Montreal; there were no technical glitch and he got people from the crowd on stage at the end of the show, turned it into one big party, it was awesome!
BAAAAH!!!! *stabs stage crew from Chicago show*

But seriously, that's really cool. I'm glad you had such a good time.

Old 09-12-2002, 11:36 AM   #18
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by lady lemonade
Oh, and Jimi was in a much better mood in Montreal; there were no technical glitch and he got people from the crowd on stage at the end of the show, turned it into one big party, it was awesome!
How fun!!! I can't wait to go!! Sunday, yay!!! Ok, even if jimi doesn't do that in philly, i'm still way excited...that's so fun though, jimi rules.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #19
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Holy Crapola. I saw the DC show last night. Friggin Awesome. Now I am considering going to philly on sunday followed by a monday of coldplay in Bmore.

Seriously they were awesome, I could have stayed at 9:30 club all night. The only bad part the woman in front of me who was hammered out of her rocker and would not stop bumping in to everyone. I am kicking myself for missing these guys the last few times through DC now.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:48 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Glad you got to see them, DiGi!!! I wish I could've gone last night. I can't wait to see them on Sunday and again in December!!
Old 09-16-2002, 01:43 AM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:37 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Jimi being ........

Old 09-16-2002, 10:10 PM   #22
Acrobat

meeganie!!!!! I only just read this again

I think I mightve seen you guys too, were you in the front right on the stage? I saw a girl with red hair that had a bag with a U2 button on it!! and there was another girl with her

if that was you, I was right behind you, well not quite, you know the identical twins with the huge red hair? I was the girl behind them in a light green T that said Seattle and jeans.

so how incredible was that????! I liked when the guy yelled "SEXY!!"

yeah but anyway, they are an amazing band live, Id LOVE to go again right now!!! I thought the opening band was pretty good too, I almost bought their cd but instead went for the Doves shirt

anyway, I wish Id read this before. let me know if that was you!!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:05 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, that was me!! That stage was SO TALL, but I love that venue. I'm glad you got a good spot too. What was up with the people in the balcony?

I thought the show was excellent -- especially Jimi's voice during "Satellites" !! "The Cedar Room," "The Man Who Told Everything," and "Spaceface" were also incredible. I can't wait to see them again in December!!!!

I liked the opening band too -- I feel like I probably know someone who knows them since they're from Kentucky and everyone in Kentucky is related! Their lead singer had a great voice, but I wish the sound had been a little better because I think the music kinda drowned him out at times.

I wish I'd PM'ed about the show so I could've said hi!
Old 09-18-2002, 07:50 PM   #24
Acrobat

so that was you!!!!! I thought so. Yeah it was an amazing show; it was my first time seeing them live since I'm a really new fan. i thought some songs were better live than others but they were all excellent!! I almost died for joy during Satellites, I dont think the grin came off my face all night, I was so happy
I am glad you guys had a good time too. And yeah the people up in the balcony either didnt understand him or had decided to be really rude
good think they finally stood up

haha about Kentucky
dude guess what? My Morning Jacket just played in Newark, DE where I am yesterday night. I couldnt afford to go plus I didnt have a car to get there, but I really wanted to!! anyway i thought that was a weird coincidence

anyway yeah, great show
dont be afraid to pm me next time cos I dont check threads I post in often enough
Old 09-19-2002, 09:00 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

loveth doves

hey tiffy!!!

glad to hear that the doves love is still going. have you managed to convert russ yet?

they were amazing to see at V2002 in England last month...ten times better than when i saw them in the states, but that may be because the crowd was soooo incredibly INTO them.

in any case, i have been making new doves fans where i am now living. pass around the CDs and watch people fall for em. yeehaw.

i just just just got to see that my film which i sent back to my parents to send into Snapfish for me has been developed and is online, so i shall try to put some in here. this computer has shit screen resolution so i cannot tell what kind of quality these might be...

Old 09-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

and one pic from meeting them at the signing tent.

Tags
doves