MERGED-->Donnie Darko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Donnie Darko

I just went to the CD/game exchange store here and traded in a bunch of VHS tapes for a brand new copy of the Donnie Darko DVD. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

What you think of this movie, if you've seen it?

I :heart: it, and you should too or I won't be your friend. Now I'm going to go watch the deleted scenes. :hyper:

great movie and the soundtrack is incredible....there's a song called Mad World played at the end of the movie in a slo mo sequence that incredible.......the movie is really underrated and defies categorization...

EdgeVox said:
great movie and the soundtrack is incredible....there's a song called Mad World played at the end of the movie in a slo mo sequence that incredible.......the movie is really underrated and defies categorization...

Donnie Darko is fabulous - and hopefully time and word of mouth will elevate it to the popular pantheon where it should be. :heart:

HelloAngel said:

Donnie Darko is fabulous - and hopefully time and word of mouth will elevate it to the popular pantheon where it should be. :heart:

This is starting to happen.

In L. A. (So. Pasadena)

It is a midnight movie on Saturday nights.

Like Rocky Horror Picture Show was in the 80s.

The soundtrack is smokin' - mostly 80s :up:

Donny Darko--do Not Watch This

UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE A GREAT MOVIE WITH SOME GREAT 80's MUSIC.

Well, it finally on cable this month, cinemax tonight and HBO later.

Donnie Darko
An unusual teenager (Jake Gyllenhaal) follows the instructions of the 6-foot-tall rabbit which saved his life.

Channel: MoreMAX 321

Airing Time: Wed 4/30, 9:10 PM (115 minutes)

Categories: General, Movies, General/Movies, General/Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Movies/Fantasy

MPAA Rating: R

Star Rating: *****

Advisory: Adult Situations, Language, Violence

Release Year: 2001

Lead Actors: Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone

Actors: Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross, Patrick Swayze, Noah Wyle, Daveigh Chase, Arthur Taxier, Stuart Stone, Alex Greenwald, Joan M. Blair, Fran Kranz, Margaret Kontra Palmer, David St. James, Rachel Winfree

Director: Richard Kelly

Other Credits: Drew Barrymore, Hunt Lowry, Casey LaScala (Executive Producer), Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Adam Fields (Producer), Richard Kelly (Writer)

Future airings of Donnie Darko:
? Mon 5/5 10:30 AM 311 Home Box Office Zone (PAY)
? Mon 5/5 6:00 PM 311 Home Box Office Zone (PAY)
? Sun 5/11 5:00 AM 311 Home Box Office Zone (PAY)
? Sun 5/11 9:00 PM 311 Home Box Office Zone (PAY)
? Mon 5/5 1:30 PM 312 Home Box Office Zone (Pacific) (PAY)

meggie :wave:

I was skeptical, but a friend insisted I watch the DVD with him and it was really fun.

It is Donald's family name. There is a long line of Darkos.

from IMDB.com
Donnie Darko (2001)

Directed by
Richard Kelly (II)

Writing credits
Richard Kelly (II) (written by)

Genre: Fantasy / Drama / Sci-Fi (more)

Tagline: Dark, Darkest, Darko (more)

Plot Outline: Highschooler Donnie is plagued by visions of a giant evil rabbit who orders him to commit acts of violence and predicts the impending end of the world. (more) (view trailer)

User Comments: Very interesting debut from writer/director Richard Kelly. Watch this guy! (more)

User Rating: 8.3/10 (15,095 votes) top 250: #88

Cast (in credits order) verified as complete
Jake Gyllenhaal .... Donnie Darko
Holmes Osborne .... Eddie Darko
Maggie Gyllenhaal .... Elizabeth Darko
Daveigh Chase .... Samantha Darko
Mary McDonnell .... Mrs. Rose Darko

I heard what i think was Michael stipe singing a cover of a Tears For Fears song? the other day. "Mad World". Just beautiful it was.
I was going to hire that movie to find the answer to that q. Another rabbit movie? there is a rabbit in a Jerry Lewis movie I just love.
sounds intriguing, it's on the list.

I've hired High Fidelity and Cider House Rules to watch this week,asap, it takes a while to catch up

that's all folks

i was about to defend this movie to its glory when i read the title... this is like one of my favorite movies of all times and unfortunately everyone i've asked has never watched it. everyone at my school is too busy 8 mile and that crap (no offense anyone).
i'm glad my teacher gave me this in class one day and told me i had to watch it and bring it back the next day. i had no clue what it was about even though i'm a big independent'indie film person.

and yeah the 80s music was great :)

cass said:
I heard what i think was Michael stipe singing a cover of a Tears For Fears song? the other day. "Mad World". Just beautiful it was.
I was going to hire that movie to find the answer to that q. Another rabbit movie? there is a rabbit in a Jerry Lewis movie I just love.
sounds intriguing, it's on the list.

I've hired High Fidelity and Cider House Rules to watch this week,asap, it takes a while to catch up

that's all folks

i thought it was Stipe, too.

but, is is Gary Jules

Im too scared to watch this movie, like Im scared to watch Ted Bundy.

but I have been :lmao: after seeing a video called Donnie Darko sitting on shelf next to video called Ted Bundy in video shop.......felt like the next movie would be called Death Bear...

:laugh:

Im waiting!

mad,

bundy is a true and disgusting story.

darko is a fiction, a bit dark
but it has a Christ-like theme

"No greater love...."

death bear, no comment

One of my all time fave movies. Creepy as hell, but only the good ones are. Also, starts out on a great note with "The Killing Moon" by Echo & The Bunnymen playing in the background.

Back
Top Bottom