MERGED ----> Does Vertigo really sound like BRMC? + Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it doesn't as far as i'm concerned, but you should give BRMC a listen regardless.

i'm still pissed off that i lost my keys when i went to see them last april. i would have enjoyed the show a lot more had i not been worried about changing my locks and how the hell i was going to get home.

Hmmm, not at all.

I agree with IWB though, you should give them a listen. (especially their first album)

Black rebel motorcycle club

I've heard edge talk about them, I'm wondering can anyone else whose heard them see the influence on vertigo?

even the cover at amazon .com reminds me a bit of the artwork BRMC has.

I definitely hear a connection between the two bands in U2's use of the distorted guitar in the left channel. Edge's guitar work on Vertigo is a clear sign that he has been listening to that type of music. (Vertigo has a faster, more aggressive pace than most BRMC songs and obviously U2's vocals and drumming are way better as well).

Just listen to 'Love Burns' off the BRMC debut album and if you don't hear a connection there, I think you need your hearing checked. ;)

AJ

my hearing is excellent, thank you. and i don't hear shit. do you think it's possible that they're are two good rock bands out there that are completly seperate entities?

Hawk269 said:
I definitely hear a connection between the two bands in U2's use of the distorted guitar in the left channel. Edge's guitar work on Vertigo is a clear sign that he has been listening to that type of music. (Vertigo has a faster, more aggressive pace than most BRMC songs and obviously U2's vocals and drumming are way better as well).

Just listen to 'Love Burns' off the BRMC debut album and if you don't hear a connection there, I think you need your hearing checked. ;)

AJ

This is, essentially, exactly what I thought when I first heard "Vertigo" - it's the guitar from "Love Burns."

And that is NOT a bad thing at all.

IWasBored said:
do you think it's possible that they're are two good rock bands out there that are completly seperate entities?

Amen.

I honestly think most of you are trying to see a similarity for no reason other than to think U2 has influenced everyone on earth. Personally, it's rare I hear any music and even remotely think it was influenced by U2 (or vice versa). Very rare. Seriously, even if 2 pieces of music sound very similar, it doesnt mean that either one remotely influenced the other one.

Last edited:
I listened to the 30-second snippets of a lot of their stuff on itunes tonight and liked it, however i only had $6 left in my account so i didn't download any of them. But i definitely agree with whoever said that Bono could fit right in on vocals for them; i thought that myself while listening. It's "black" music (as in mood), kind of like Achtung Baby, but it was good.

james

NME track by track guide to HTDAAB states that the song "Love and Peace or else" has a "...thumping bassline makes it sound a bit like Black Rebal Motorcycle Club."

I really like BRMC - "Spread your Love" and "Whatever happened to my rock n' roll" are excellent songs

Back
Top Bottom