MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angel said:
Ok. Answer me this people- While Trenyce may be talented etc... do you really want to buy that kind of album? Does the world need another Whitney Houston, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey?!?
I think Trenyce is a good singer... but I say buh-bye. I would much prefer something more unique like Clay or Ruben. This is why I don't think she'll make it too much further in the competition. America is voting for a) who they think is the best and b) who they would actually want to hear on CD.

Perhaps Trenyce is not unique enough to win the competition. But I sure as hell would rather hear an album of hers than most of the others. Maybe she shouldn't win (although I wouldn't mind if she did), but she definitely should stick around for a few more rounds. There are several people (Josh, Ricky, Carmen, Kim C) who aren't even close to her level of talent and, really, aren't that unique either.

Also, I don't really think there's that much rhyme or reason to how people are voting. I just can't believe that there are that many people who would really want to hear Carmen (or wanted to hear Corey) on cd...

i think treynice has an awesome voice. i seriously would rather listen to her than other artists out there, and im pretty picky when it comes to female singers. i still haven't forgiven clay for ruining Everlasting Love.

Ok... Trenyce is good and deserves to be in the top five... but her kind of 'good' is my kind of 'boring'.

People vote for Carmen because she's cute. That's all.

Actually, Clay did do an upbeat song for Motown night when he did that "I Can't Help Myself" song (which I keep hearing constantly at my house now).

He's not bad. He's one of the better ones on the show.

My parents' only complaint with him was that he seemed to be overdoing the song last night.

Most of the people weren't at their best last night.

But I thought Trenyce did a pretty good job on her song, and Ruben was great, as usual.

My sister did make one good point, though-Josh, now that he's found his country niche-that's all he does now is country-esque songs...he's not trying the variety of songs.

I still think he's good, though.

We talked about that whole thing with Kimberly and Josh and Ruben and the weight issue earlier tonight, too, interestingly enough.

I think Ricky and Carmen will be in the bottom three tonight for sure...don't know who else will join them, though.

Angela

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
There are several people (Josh, Ricky, Carmen, Kim C) who aren't even close to her level of talent and, really, aren't that unique either.

Oh, they're unique, alright. They make my ears bleed. :sexywink:

The people at TWoP truly are right - Josh looks like he is squatting in the woods to relieve himself of #2, all the while making strange facial contortions. At first, I just laughed at that, but the more I paid attention, the more I realized how true it is. And Simon has said 945793 times that they are looking for a Pop star. That is NOT Garth Brooks mini-mi. Josh might do better on Nashville Star, but if we're being honest, he is not what this competition is looking for (he's not the only one).

Ricky is inoffensive to me, though I don't like his voice. His time will come.

Carmen is at the bottom of the pile, even below Josh, although admittedly not by a lot. She shouldn't even be in the competition, it was a ridiculous notion to even bring back non-32 people. Besides, I will always see her as the one whose spot could have been Frenchie's. She yodels, her vibrato makes her whole jaw vibrate and she slaps her ass continuously.

Kim C is nothing spectacular, and were it not for her looks and charisma on stage, she'd be gone by now.

I guess my problem with this show is that I feel 100% that if you can't sing well, that's the end of that. Stage presence, dancing, performance, those things can be learned and altered with choreographers, dancers and so on. But if you can't sing, God himself can't do anything to help you.

anitram said:

Oh, they're unique, alright. They make my ears bleed. :sexywink:

The people at TWoP truly are right - Josh looks like he is squatting in the woods to relieve himself of #2, all the while making strange facial contortions.

:lmao:

:heart: TWoP :heart:

And a big fat WORD to the rest of your post. :up:

Carmen's not even in the bottom three??? And Ricky finally gives a good performance and NOW he's in the bottom three?? And it hurts me that Kim L. is in danger yet again. The hell?

LMAO @ Kelly's hair! :laugh: TOTALLY

:sigh: Oh well about Ricky. They didn't even let him sing. :shrug: Poor thing, he's such a sweet guy, he's probably really bummed. I can name a few that deserved to go before him. His performance last night was real good. Guess the blonde cuties will ride a little longer on their sexy wave. Sad really.

I still say GO RUEBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flirt:

Noone here has mentioned the little smooch between Clay and Carmen... Did you guys see that action?

I was really dissapointed to see Ricky gone. I thought that he performed really well on Tuesday. Carmen, Kim C, and Josh all had weaker performances IMO.

I haven't really watched it all that much, but I don't think Ricky should have gotten the Boot last night! I don't like Kim C., I htink she should have been in the bottom 3. Josh can sing country but nothing else, that's why he did bad when they did that disco night thing. I really want Ruben to win!!! I just love his voice...lol...he's a big teddy bear ;) I also like Kimberly Locke...she is good and I don't know why she has been in the bottom 3 the last few times!

RUUUUUBENNNN...hehe :p

Lori:mac:

icelle said:
i can't believe carmen didnt get to the bottom three.

Neither could I.

I don't believe America is tone deaf - the number of U2 fans alone proves it.

THIS is why Carmen is still in it. Too bad for them their little scheme can be used to help whomever you please, since you have to change the phone number weekly. Two can play that game. :madspit:

spinninghead77 said:
Noone here has mentioned the little smooch between Clay and Carmen... Did you guys see that action?

I've noticed lots of times in the past weeks that they seemed extra snuggly close while performing and stuff.

They DO look cute together...:cute:

I still :heart: Ruben and Clay...one of them has to win. I think I'm pullin' more for Ruben though.

Bonochick said:

I've noticed lots of times in the past weeks that they seemed extra snuggly close while performing and stuff.

They DO look cute together...:cute:

I love Clay, but Carmen needs to step OFF. I think she might be trying to get some talent by osmosis. ;)

In other news, that Carmen fan site scares me. :crack:

I was totally, 100% validated tonight.

Carmen blew chunks as usual, but she was so extraordinarily horrific tonight that this may finally do her in. However, as I have watched for weeks now as she butchered each and every song she performed and then stayed in the competition, I will not get my hopes up.

Kim Locke - best voice technically in this competition, but won't win. Regardless, she was far and away the best tonight, no doubt about it whatsoever. The sister can sang, and what a beautiful face she has.

Clay - good.

Josh - OK, so they talk about Clay's facial expressions? Hello!!! Anybody home? Take a look at this one as he grimaces thgouth each and every stinking song he does. Shit, somebody say something!

The others - meh, don't care. Ruben was flat tonight.

anitram said:

Josh - OK, so they talk about Clay's facial expressions? Hello!!! Anybody home? Take a look at this one as he grimaces thgouth each and every stinking song he does. Shit, somebody say something!

LOL. So freakin true. :up:

But I gotta say I loved the way Clay reacted to Simon's comment with the exaggerated grimace. Adorable. :cute:

And Simon's comment about Paula being "drunk again" cracked me up SOO HARD. That is possibly my favorite moment of the series so far. ;)

Yeah, Josh started out in the competition really well...but I don't think he'll last much longer on here. I don't think he'll be kicked off tonight, but I bet he will soon.

Carmen has the most chance of being the next one off tonight.

Kimberly Locke did a fantastic job last night with her song. I was impressed.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
And Simon's comment about Paula being "drunk again" cracked me up SOO HARD. That is possibly my favorite moment of the series so far. ;)

Haha, yeah, that was good.

I still love the part early on in the show where Ryan was talking about that list of sexy celebs or whatever it was-Spongebob Squarepants was at #6-he beat out Simon by one! Hahahahaha! And then Simon was laughing and Ryan tossed him the Spongebob doll thing and Simon held it up and...yeah, it was funny.

Angela

Both Kim C and Carmen sucked last night. They were horrible. IMO they shouldn't have made it this far in the competition, and if they weren't cute, blond, and wearing sexy outfits then the wouldn't have.

I also normally don't like Josh, and feel that he has only gotten this far because he is a military man. However, I thought that he was really good last night. Not the best performance, but very likely his best.

A bottom three this week is very hard. Kim L rocked, and I really enjoyed Trenyce's performance.

I have my money on Kim C and Carmen, but I can't think of the third.

Who do you think will be the bottom three?

spinninghead77 said:
I have my money on Kim C and Carmen, but I can't think of the third.

Who do you think will be the bottom three?

Kim C, definitely.

Carmen should be, unless her masses vote even more, expecting that she'll be to go.

The third one is a crapshoot. Not Clay and not Ruben and not Josh because if you don't vote for him then the terrorists have won. :sexywink: Therefore, this leaves Kim Locke and Trenyce, and I believe one of them might end up in the bottom 3 by default.

Bottom 3 should be: Carmen, KimC, Josh.

cool, didn't know we had an american Idol discussion........

my opinion Clay and Ruben were the best last night...i dunno about kim C...she's been on the bottom three alot.

Back
Top Bottom