MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Carmen was good tonite.. and I dont like her :|

I was pretty unimpressed with everyone tonite. Rueben was good I admit. I do like Clay also.

I havent a clue who will go. Its going to be tough not to get rid of them all :scream:

Josh looked like he was ready for a nap.

I agree that no one did very well last night. I think Kimberly Locke probably did the best.

Should be interesting to see who gets the boot.

HelloAngel, nice comparison of the mug shot to the smilie. :up: :laugh:

Ok, what the HELL are Kim Locke and Trenyce doing in the bottom 3?? Trenyce didn't have the best night admittedly, but shes miles better than most of the people left. And Kim L was probably the best performer last night. It will be a shame if either of them leaves, in my opinion.

:angry: meh

makes sense though.... otherwise thx to Corey, FOX would have been without a whole weeks worth of profit having to finish a week early.

Am I the only one that thinks that both Josh and Ricky deserved a spot in the bottom three.... Especially over Kim L, and Trynece (sp?), who I thought both gave good performance's on Tuesday night.

I didn't really think that they would eliminate someone after the situation with Corey, but I still can't believe that they made us sit through that last night. What a waste.... even a recap show would have been better.

I would hate to think that Josh got to stay just because he is in the Marines and people are being patriotic....but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that were the case. I'm sure even he would prefer to be judged on his talent.

Kimberly Locke should NOT have been in that group at all! I also think Trenyce is waaay better than Kimberly Caldwell too....more versatile, even more versatile than Clay, who is my favourite. I think he is a bit precious sometimes..needs to loosen up a bit.

There's something sort of hard about Kimberly Caldwell that doesn't appeal to me. I also wish these guest judges would actually offer more constructive criticism. All they do is sit there and praise everyone!

Mrs. Edge said:
All they do is sit there and praise everyone!
Or act as if they are bored out of their tears and have better places to be. *cough*Simon*cough*

I personally really like Josh. Maybe I am biased because I think he is hot. :drool: He has beautiful eyes.
I still love Rueben though. He's my offices favourite. He's got to have the cutest face and just manages to light up the room when he enters. Love him. :cute:

Kimberely Locke is really good and I can't understand why she was in the bottom three, but you know Trenyce... might be an exceptional singer... is actually kinda boring. :der: How many Mariah Careys, Whitney Houstons and Celine Dions do we need? :reject: I am not into whiny singing.

:hug: Rueben :hug:

Angel said:
I still love Rueben though. He's my offices favourite. He's got to have the cutest face and just manages to light up the room when he enters. Love him. :cute:

I know...what I really love is the way he sways back and forth when he sings. He is very cute. :cute: I have nothing against Josh per se...but he doesn't do it for me looks wise, and I am not exactly a country music fan. I don't think he was as terrible as Simon said, he was just OK that time.

Kimberely Locke is really good and I can't understand why she was in the bottom three, but you know Trenyce... might be an exceptional singer... is actually kinda boring. :der: How many Mariah Careys, Whitney Houstons and Celine Dions do we need? :reject: I am not into whiny singing.

Yes, you have a point there...she does fit into that whole skinny diva mode that we already have plenty of. That's why Kimberly Locke is so great, and I adore her voice.

Is it just me, or does she look like she's losing weight? I don't want her to cave to the pressure! The fact that she is a normal woman is one of the things that I like about her!

I think Josh was the one Simon was referring to when he said "he knows who he is" (the person who should have been in the lowest three). I liked Josh's voice at first, but when he changed it a few weeks ago, :down:

Kimberley Locke is my favorite-great voice. Same for Reuben.

Just my opinion- Kimberley Caldwell is there because of her looks, and it would be a real shame for someone to win the whole thing because of their looks. But that's the way of the world, and the world of music, today :shrug:

I don't think anyone was really that good this week. I hope they do better next week. Disco just wasn't anybody's bag.

maybe a few of us who like Kimbery Locke should vote for her. I like her the best of all the women. Has anyone actually voted? I watch the show every week, but I never have. :slant:

I've never voted either. But a lot of times that's because I have to tape the show and I don't get to watch it until after the voting's already taken place. But I suppose if I actually care about who wins, I probably should vote...

I am going to vote for the first time tonight.

I am going to vote for Kimberly locke. I think Clay and Josh are my favorites, but they have tons of fans, and obviously Kimberly doesn't.

I think she' s incredibly talented and doens't need to be voted off before the final 3 or 4.

I like K.Lo's voice the best. Too me, she's technically the most flawless, sounds like she's had a ton of voice lessons.

Josh sucks large lemons and apart from being the worst last week, his facial contortions while he sings are hideous. I think the patriotic vote is keeping him in, unfortunately.

Carmen sounds like a goat on crack. And the fact Simon's got nothing but praise for her makes me dislike her even more intensely.

My sister voted for Clay already.

I personally like Josh, but yeah, if the patroitic vote is what's keeping Josh on the show, that's not right. People should be voting for him because of how he does with the songs he sings, not because of the fact that he's in the military.

I don't mind Carmen.

Angela

Well, Carmen stank it up tonight, like I knew she would. Even Simon stopped thinking with his soldier for a moment and admitted it.

She is the weakest link. G'bye!

I watched American Idol last night and I have to admit that as much as I love him, I am getting sick of Clay's singing. He signs ballad's every week, and his voice sounds great, but I would love to see him do something that is a little more upbeat.

It was nice to see Reuban out of his 205 shirt, and moving around a little bit as he sang. As always, he kicked ass.

IMO, Trynece (sp?) was the best performance of the show last night. She is really starting to grow on me.

anitram said:
Well, Carmen stank it up tonight, like I knew she would. Even Simon stopped thinking with his soldier for a moment and admitted it.

LOL!!!! :lol:

Carmen was truly awful, even compared with her previous performances. Way to slaughter Blondie. I really hope she'll be the one to go, but I'm afraid that people may have listened to Simon's ridiculous criticisms of Trenyce and not voted for her as a result. It would be a shame if she left.

Also, I'm still not fully getting the Reuben thing. I mean, I like him, he's a good singer, but I just don't get the lavish praise that is heaped upon him by all the judges. But maybe that's just me...:shrug:

Lastly, while I still love me some Clay, I too wish he'd sing something besides a ballad. He sounds good every week, but it's starting to get a bit boring.

I can't believe Simon said he thought Treynce deserved to be in the bottom two. She's easily one of the most talented on the show. Carmen was awful. I think everyone loves Ruben because his voice is so smooth. He never misses a note and he has a sound. But, Simon said he didn't think Kimberly Locke could be an American Idol because she's too fat. Why he doesn't think the same about Ruben is beyond me. Goes to show there is always a double standard when it comes to women, weight, and celebrity.

Ok. Answer me this people- While Trenyce may be talented etc... do you really want to buy that kind of album? Does the world need another Whitney Houston, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey?!?
I think Trenyce is a good singer... but I say buh-bye. I would much prefer something more unique like Clay or Ruben. This is why I don't think she'll make it too much further in the competition. America is voting for a) who they think is the best and b) who they would actually want to hear on CD.

:der: no more power ballads people.

Last edited:
I :heart: Ruben...I love his voice, and he seems like such a sweet, down to earth guy.

I :heart: Clay...I could listen to him sing all day.

I don't like Kimberly Locke. There have only been a couple performances of hers that I liked all right.

I don't like Josh...I'm just not into him. :slant: I don't know.

I think Trenyce is the best female.

Kimberley Caldwell is good...but she doesn't have much of a range. She's good at what she can do though.

Carmen was pretty bad last night...she's really pretty, but that performance was lacking.

Rickey...I thought he was pretty good. He's kind of hit-and-miss with me, but I liked him last night.

partygirl said:
I can't believe Simon said he thought Treynce deserved to be in the bottom two. She's easily one of the most talented on the show. Carmen was awful. I think everyone loves Ruben because his voice is so smooth. He never misses a note and he has a sound. But, Simon said he didn't think Kimberly Locke could be an American Idol because she's too fat. Why he doesn't think the same about Ruben is beyond me. Goes to show there is always a double standard when it comes to women, weight, and celebrity.
That's so true about the double standard....makes me :barf: actually!
Although he did say to that Josh dude to lose some weight...and that's when I think they both got on the ground to do push ups.

Hi Angel:wave:
Trenyce was off the last 2 weeks but she was ON last night...but just alone in the fact that she's been inconsistent is a huge strike against her. I know what you mean though about how we have enough Whitneys and Celines and Mariahs.:no: :barf:
Carmen so butchered Blondie's "Call Me". It didn't even sound remotely like the original song. :der:

Back
Top Bottom