MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:scratch: I wouldn't vote for any of them tonight....... but then again, you can't from Canada. :|

I have to agree with Simon. They were all only ok. No wow factor tonight... I'd have to pick the girl he told to lose weight. She had spunk.

the winners

pic-vanessaolivarez.jpg

pic-rickeysmith.jpg

I didn't like anyone from this round! :tsk:

The other segment of the worst and best rehearsals was funny! That dude who wants to be Enrique Iglesias so bad just wouldn't quit. I wonder if that was staged or something?

That chick that took forever to sing unchained melody! LOL "Time goes by so slowly" Yes it does when you sing! :p

The dudes singing the National Anthem! :lmao: Dorks!!

:D

I've kinda lost track of the rounds...I have a question-did that guy from the Marines make it into any of the rounds that have been shown so far?

But I did see the segment of the worst rehearsals and all that.

Mrs. Vedder said:
The other segment of the worst and best rehearsals was funny! That dude who wants to be Enrique Iglesias so bad just wouldn't quit. I wonder if that was staged or something?

Yeah, no kidding-I'm thinking, "Dude, what part of 'You're not going to Hollywood' don't you understand?"

Originally posted by Mrs. Vedder
That chick that took forever to sing unchained melody! LOL "Time goes by so slowly" Yes it does when you sing! :p

Haha, yeah...I thought their having those pictures of the sun setting and the seasons changing while she said "And time goes by" was good-that was pretty funny.

Originally posted by Mrs. Vedder
The dudes singing the National Anthem! :lmao: Dorks!!

:D

Oh, man...hearing them made me ashamed to be an American...

One more thing-remember when I thought the beaver guy was hilarious?

Yeah, well, last night, watching that one guy "sing" "Baby Got Back" just about killed me. That was just...yeah...really out there.

And of course seeing the "Like A Virgin" guy and the guy who sang "My Girl", the one who had his pants cut as slits up his legs again was very...entertaining...

Angela

I used to love Pop Idol (which is what it was here in the UK before Simon Cowell took it to the US - I wonder why he changed the name to American Idol?)

But Reality TV popstarts are not popular here any more, so apparantly they've put the next series of Pop Idol on hold....they're doing Last Chance Idol or something instead, which is where they audition one-hit-wonders for their 'last chance'

sounds interesting.....of course I read this in one of the UK's 'magnificent' tabloid newspapers, so the truth of this could be debatable......

Oh, and girls - when you say you love Simon - do you mean simon cowell? :barf: The presenters of Pop Idol, Ant and Dec, used to take the piss out of him cos of the hugely high waistband of his trousers - does that happen in the US too?.......:laugh:

Did anyone see Tamara Gray on Boston Public tonite?

I think that's cool that she got to do some acting/singing even though she didnt win the American Idol.

Ok.. is it just me or... I swear I cannot figure out why the judges gave so much praise to the Justin look a like :scream:

I honestly didnt think he was that great.. :huh:

i kinda liked cory and joshua...they both sang really good...all of them did very well though, i was surprised that the judges were really hard on most of them.

Ruben, Clay, and Trenyce were my three faves from the night...lots of decent performances though. I thought Kimberley Locke was the worst...that Burger King commercial comment was a good call...it did remind me of one! That's not really her fault though.

Those three and Josh the Marine.

And what is up with Simon? Josh needs to lose a few pounds but Ruben doesn't? moron.

Simon was in a bad mood last night. He had no tv appeal and I usually love him. He looks bored.

I thought Josh and Clay were great. I love them. I also thought Trenyce was very good and even the Justin look alike impressed me for once.

:shrug: I don't care who wins. They all seem like a nice bunch of kids.

I still like Kimberley the blonde :|

And I still dont see what the big fuss is over Cory.

i like cory, his voice is pretty good. clay did some song i didnt even remember but he was still good. julia wasn't that great last night. im kinda shocked at her performance.

Sicy said:

And I still dont see what the big fuss is over Cory.

I cannot stand Corey. I don't like Carmen either. And I can't believe Vanessa got kicked off before either of them.

But a lot of people were good last night. Clay and Trenyce were the best, I thought (Trenyce keeps getting better and better). I also really enjoyed Reuben and Kim Locke's performances.

Last edited:
My top picks :up: (In no particular order)

Rueben
Clay
Milatary Man
Trenyce

Kimberly Locke is really good... but has to proove it a little more. They are all good, Ricky, the other Kimberely etc... but to win? :shrug: I don't see the versatility in Kimberely Caldwell's voice. She's too Melissa Etheridge for me, but I like her.
I like Ricky too, it's just not my cup of tea. He's so sweet. :)

Corey has unbelievabely beautiful eyes :drool: but other than that, I too do not see what it is about his singing they like.

Next to go? --> Julia :yes: She was really bad. Then I think it's Chip. Then Carmen. The rest... who knows.

Angel said:
My top picks :up: (In no particular order)

Rueben
Clay
Milatary Man
Trenyce

That military guy's cool. I liked the little bit they had on him on last week's show.

And his kid is adorable. :).

Trenyce was awesome last night. The way she started the song she did...wow...

Out of the girls, she's my top pick.

And Rueben...he's got a great voice. Seems like a really nice guy, too (a lot of these people do-they seem pretty down to earth, which is great).

Clay's not bad. I'm not, like, in love with him and falling all over his voice or anything like that...but I can handle him. He's good.

Originally posted by Angel
Kimberly Locke is really good... but has to proove it a little more.

I agree. Last night's performance wasn't the best I've seen from her.

Originally posted by Angel
Next to go? --> Julia :yes: She was really bad.

Yeah, she's not my particular fave, either. Like Gladys Knight said last night, she didn't look like she was having much fun up there. My sister said the same thing-she said that Julia looked like she almost wanted to get this over with, like she wants to be voted off.

Maybe she was just having a bad night last night, who knows?

But yeah, something tells me she won't last much longer.

On a side note-is it just me, or is anyone else here sick of Kelly Clarkson? She seems like she's gotten more of an ego since she won last year.

And I do not care for her song "A Moment Like This"-when it was played to death on the radio, it's like, okay, enough already.

Originally posted by luceviola
Simon is the man...:bow:

Simon rocks. I loved that reaction he had last night when Ryan Seacrest said that his mom was "hot". That was funny.

He's got a good sense of humor.

Angela

My top picks.. from the pro of course :lol:

1. CLAYYYYYY AIKEN
2. Military dude (josh..?)
3. Kimberly (the blonde chick)
4. Ruben
5. Rickey

Notice how I only know Clay's full name.

Next to go.. Julia or Carmen...

I too, was pissed that Julia survived another week. She's no stage presence in addition to being skanky.

corey yawn.
altho I wasn't big on Charles G either .

one hour is too long. I laughed over Ryan's comment on Simon's pants ( even tho I like Simon). they were really high up. And why does it look like Simon has moobs?????

Back
Top Bottom