MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: :yes:

meggie.. there was a little spoof of Simon and Paula all sappy and romantic n shit drinking champagne and making "ohhhhh" noises.. ... then they kissed :yuck:

Heh, before I found out Simon does have a girlfriend, I wondered sometimes about him and Paula, 'cause there were times on the show when they seemed to be kinda flirty with each other.

But turns out that's not the case.

That whole thing was just...twisted...simply because I never thought I'd see the day when Simon was actually romantic.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
is it me or did Kelly Clarkson sound awful last night? she was not hitting the notes and seemed to be singing faster than the music.

i think her inexperience and nerves got the best of her.

Not just you...I totally agree, she didn't sound that great last night. She seemed off. I wouldn't blame her for being nervous, though. There was a LOT of people watching (now, is it just me, or did the second American Idol show get lots more hype than the first one did? I don't recall this much hype the first time around).

She looked nice, though-I liked her outfit. :D.

That "Miss Independent" song...eh, it's okay. My sister loves it, which doesn't surprise me.

It's better than "A Moment Like This" (seriously, if I never hear that song again, I'll be completely happy).

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i must say the outtakes of the pop star auditions from around the world made me laugh. :laugh:

Haha, oh, god, yes, those were...interesting...

I was sitting there going, "Um...what song are we singing here again?"

I'm gonna have to kill that Kevin kid, though...I cannot hear "Like A Virgin" anymore without thinking of that audition of his...

And I've thought sometimes about what the judges would say about Bono, or various other celebrities...I dunno, I think they would've liked Bono's voice, but I dunno if they'd say he looked like an American idol.

It would've been interesting to have these judges go back in time and be commenting on various celebrities when they were just starting out. That's something I'd like to see.

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:
I'm gonna have to kill that Kevin kid, though...I cannot hear "Like A Virgin" anymore without thinking of that audition of his...

Keith...:lmao:

My dad and I still make fun of Keith's performance...:lmao: That is classic.

I think that "Miss Independent" is a better single than "A Moment Like This". AMLT was just so sappy and drawn out.

Clay and Ruben are in Toronto as we speak!!! They are doing some promo thing here for the next American Idol. I am very pleased to see that they (unlike many celebrities and tourists right now) are ignoring the SARS hysteria and visiting our city.

:applaud: :up:

A few days ago I was checking out the top sellers at amazon...

Clay's single was number 1 and Ruben's was number 4.

Mrs. Edge said:
Clay and Ruben are in Toronto as we speak!!! They are doing some promo thing here for the next American Idol. I am very pleased to see that they (unlike many celebrities and tourists right now) are ignoring the SARS hysteria and visiting our city.

Unlike Kelly Clarkson who refuses to come here due to SARS.

I really don't understand that, they come in for maybe a day, it's not like they'll be working in hospital wards. But whatever.

Mrs. Edge said:

That is very cool.

Clay and Ruben seem like really neat guys. I'd like to meet them sometime, they both seem pretty nice.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom