MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol? - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #256
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:12 PM
my sister called me last night to yell at me about something and then mid-rant ran off cos she realised american idol was on and she was missing it...

Old 04-17-2003, 11:16 AM   #257
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
I can tell you precisely the one reason Carmen is this far:

She's a smokin' hottie.
Ok, I seriously don't understand statements like this. Carmen is pretty? How?? She has a nice figure, but she has freakin chipmunk cheeks. Not that I think this warrants her being kicked off. Her lack of any vocal talent takes care of that. I just don't understand how her looks are actually keeping her ON the show.

Old 04-17-2003, 05:13 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

I think Carmen is cute, but not sexy and not hot. She has that little girl vibe, and sorry but I'm no Roman Polanski.

Even KimC, whom I didn't like at all at least came across as a woman. K.Lo and Trenyce do as well. Carmen is just a virginal wannabe Britney, they are a dime a dozen, and she's nothing extraordinary, looks wise.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:49 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Normal

I think Trenyce tries too hard to be sexy. It would be better if she didn't do that.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well, what do you think about tonight's show???
Old 04-22-2003, 10:42 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

I think Josh was worse than Carmen. There I've said it, now the world can officially come to an end. Boy, does he suck or what? Still looks constipated on stage, still looks like he's giving birth while singing.

He or Carmen deserve to go. The humane thing would be to get rid of them both at once and immediately.

I think Simon's "weird hair" comment was bordering on the racist. I found it personally offensive, as somebody whose hair is also all sorts of kinky and curly. Like what, we're too ETHNIC for his majesty?
Old 04-22-2003, 11:34 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie

God, you said it. For the first time in history, someone sang worse than Carmen. And it was Josh.

And the hair comment bothered me as well. Good thing she has "normal" white person hair now.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:58 AM   #263
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

What hair comment?? I must have missed it.

Josh was AWFUL...I hope he goes...I've never been that nuts about him, and tonight's performance confirmed it for me.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-23-2003, 01:02 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
What hair comment?? I must have missed it.
Simon said something like "ever since you got rid of that weird hair, you've been better." I know he was half-joking, but I still thought it was inappropriate.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:20 AM   #265
Refugee

Josh and Carmen were both awful. AWFUL. I honestly think that neither of them have been any good really from the start anyways... blah. I think it's gonna be either Clay or Rueben. Was glad to see Rueben change things up a bit this week!
Old 04-23-2003, 01:20 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Josh and Carmen were both bad...this is true. I just would prefer to see Carmen go because I think she has been bad almost every week. Josh has been inconsistent, but usually not as bad as he was last night.

Trenyce hit a few bad notes herself, but she was okay.

I would like to see Reuben do something besides a ballad type song. I don't think what he did was all that different from previous numbers.

Clay is very good, but I do agree with Simon that he is more of a Broadway Musical singer than a "Pop" singer.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:18 PM   #267
Refugee

Local Time: 03:12 AM

Yes. What the hell! That comment about the hair was inappropriate to say the least. Simon likes to play the part of the fashionista...and personally, that act is wearing thin. He's no fashion queen, so he shouldn't talk. He should focus on what's important here....the SINGING. Kimberley's hair before wasn't weird. It's called NATURAL. Yes...she looked very cute nonetheless...and he said so, and should have left it at that.
Carmen and Josh stunk up the joint. Big time. I've never liked Josh...and as Bonochick said....his performance last night only further confirmed that. Simon was quite right about the fact that he sang through his nose. And the sounds coming out of Carmen resembled a sheep or something . Save it for the barnyard, honey.
The top 3 in my mind are Kimberley, Rueben, and Clay...in that exact order. The other 3 gotta go.
What distinguishes Kim from Rueben and Clay is that she brings personality to her performances. Makes them her own and goes off. I dunno why, but I get major freakin goosebumps when she sings.....I mean...her version of "New York State of Mind" was...
Old 04-23-2003, 08:30 PM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I'm not seeing the offensiveness of Simon's hair comment...I mean, yeah, he should focus more on their singing than their looks, 'cause their talent's the important thing here...but...I don't see where it was bordering on racist or inappropriate or whatever.

...I dunno...

Anyway, what the hell happened to Josh within the last few weeks? When he first started out in this competition I thought he did awesome and I was rooting for him...but now...uh-uh, no way. He sucked last night. I hope he's the next one to go.

And Carmen...meh. She won't last much longer, I don't think.

Kimberly's getting better and better each time. I think she's gonna be within the remaining three or something-I think she, Clay, and Ruben are the best ones of the bunch.

And now we'll find out who's going tonight (please let it be Josh...please...).

Angela
Old 04-23-2003, 09:15 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Bye Bye Carmen.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:50 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Dang.

Eh. Oh, well.

Josh'll be gone soon, I'm sure.

Angela