MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol? - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2003, 01:21 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
Ok. Answer me this people- While Trenyce may be talented etc... do you really want to buy that kind of album? Does the world need another Whitney Houston, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey?!?
I think Trenyce is a good singer... but I say buh-bye. I would much prefer something more unique like Clay or Ruben. This is why I don't think she'll make it too much further in the competition. America is voting for a) who they think is the best and b) who they would actually want to hear on CD.

Perhaps Trenyce is not unique enough to win the competition. But I sure as hell would rather hear an album of hers than most of the others. Maybe she shouldn't win (although I wouldn't mind if she did), but she definitely should stick around for a few more rounds. There are several people (Josh, Ricky, Carmen, Kim C) who aren't even close to her level of talent and, really, aren't that unique either.

Also, I don't really think there's that much rhyme or reason to how people are voting. I just can't believe that there are that many people who would really want to hear Carmen (or wanted to hear Corey) on cd...

Old 04-09-2003, 01:25 PM   #212
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:21 AM
i think treynice has an awesome voice. i seriously would rather listen to her than other artists out there, and im pretty picky when it comes to female singers. i still haven't forgiven clay for ruining Everlasting Love.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:50 PM   #213
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 10:21 AM
Ok... Trenyce is good and deserves to be in the top five... but her kind of 'good' is my kind of 'boring'.

People vote for Carmen because she's cute. That's all.
Old 04-09-2003, 02:00 PM   #214
Refugee

Local Time: 06:21 AM
I think, and hope Josh will win the competition. I think he has an amazing country voice.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:05 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:21 AM
Actually, Clay did do an upbeat song for Motown night when he did that "I Can't Help Myself" song (which I keep hearing constantly at my house now).

He's not bad. He's one of the better ones on the show.

My parents' only complaint with him was that he seemed to be overdoing the song last night.

Most of the people weren't at their best last night.

But I thought Trenyce did a pretty good job on her song, and Ruben was great, as usual.

My sister did make one good point, though-Josh, now that he's found his country niche-that's all he does now is country-esque songs...he's not trying the variety of songs.

I still think he's good, though.

We talked about that whole thing with Kimberly and Josh and Ruben and the weight issue earlier tonight, too, interestingly enough.

I think Ricky and Carmen will be in the bottom three tonight for sure...don't know who else will join them, though.

Angela
Old 04-09-2003, 08:09 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
There are several people (Josh, Ricky, Carmen, Kim C) who aren't even close to her level of talent and, really, aren't that unique either.
Oh, they're unique, alright. They make my ears bleed.

The people at TWoP truly are right - Josh looks like he is squatting in the woods to relieve himself of #2, all the while making strange facial contortions. At first, I just laughed at that, but the more I paid attention, the more I realized how true it is. And Simon has said 945793 times that they are looking for a Pop star. That is NOT Garth Brooks mini-mi. Josh might do better on Nashville Star, but if we're being honest, he is not what this competition is looking for (he's not the only one).

Ricky is inoffensive to me, though I don't like his voice. His time will come.

Carmen is at the bottom of the pile, even below Josh, although admittedly not by a lot. She shouldn't even be in the competition, it was a ridiculous notion to even bring back non-32 people. Besides, I will always see her as the one whose spot could have been Frenchie's. She yodels, her vibrato makes her whole jaw vibrate and she slaps her ass continuously.

Kim C is nothing spectacular, and were it not for her looks and charisma on stage, she'd be gone by now.

I guess my problem with this show is that I feel 100% that if you can't sing well, that's the end of that. Stage presence, dancing, performance, those things can be learned and altered with choreographers, dancers and so on. But if you can't sing, God himself can't do anything to help you.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Oh, they're unique, alright. They make my ears bleed.

The people at TWoP truly are right - Josh looks like he is squatting in the woods to relieve himself of #2, all the while making strange facial contortions.

TWoP

And a big fat WORD to the rest of your post.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Carmen's not even in the bottom three??? And Ricky finally gives a good performance and NOW he's in the bottom three?? And it hurts me that Kim L. is in danger yet again. The hell?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Not that I love Ricky...but it's annoying that YET AGAIN someone halfway decent gets kicked off over people who are far FAR worse. Ugh.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:06 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:21 AM
Actually, I'm personally glad Ricky left-he was my least favorite out of all of them.

Angela
Old 04-09-2003, 11:57 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:21 AM
i can't believe carmen didnt get to the bottom three.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:11 AM   #222
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:21 AM
I just wanna know what the hell Kelly Clarkson did to her hair...she looked like -------->
Old 04-10-2003, 01:06 AM   #223
Elvis' Naughty Angel

LMAO @ Kelly's hair! TOTALLY

Oh well about Ricky. They didn't even let him sing. Poor thing, he's such a sweet guy, he's probably really bummed. I can name a few that deserved to go before him. His performance last night was real good. Guess the blonde cuties will ride a little longer on their sexy wave. Sad really.

I still say GO RUEBEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 12:47 PM   #224
Refugee

Noone here has mentioned the little smooch between Clay and Carmen... Did you guys see that action?

I was really dissapointed to see Ricky gone. I thought that he performed really well on Tuesday. Carmen, Kim C, and Josh all had weaker performances IMO.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:55 PM   #225
The Fly

I haven't really watched it all that much, but I don't think Ricky should have gotten the Boot last night! I don't like Kim C., I htink she should have been in the bottom 3. Josh can sing country but nothing else, that's why he did bad when they did that disco night thing. I really want Ruben to win!!! I just love his voice...lol...he's a big teddy bear I also like Kimberly Locke...she is good and I don't know why she has been in the bottom 3 the last few times!

RUUUUUBENNNN...hehe

Lori