MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2003, 05:26 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:02 AM
I don't think anyone was really that good this week. I hope they do better next week. Disco just wasn't anybody's bag.

maybe a few of us who like Kimbery Locke should vote for her. I like her the best of all the women. Has anyone actually voted? I watch the show every week, but I never have.

Old 04-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I've never voted either. But a lot of times that's because I have to tape the show and I don't get to watch it until after the voting's already taken place. But I suppose if I actually care about who wins, I probably should vote...

Old 04-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #198
Refugee

Local Time: 08:02 AM
I am going to vote for the first time tonight.

I am going to vote for Kimberly locke. I think Clay and Josh are my favorites, but they have tons of fans, and obviously Kimberly doesn't.

I think she' s incredibly talented and doens't need to be voted off before the final 3 or 4.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:07 PM   #199
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 12:02 PM
I wish I could vote.
stupid Canada.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

I like K.Lo's voice the best. Too me, she's technically the most flawless, sounds like she's had a ton of voice lessons.

Josh sucks large lemons and apart from being the worst last week, his facial contortions while he sings are hideous. I think the patriotic vote is keeping him in, unfortunately.

Carmen sounds like a goat on crack. And the fact Simon's got nothing but praise for her makes me dislike her even more intensely.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:23 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:02 AM
My sister voted for Clay already.

I personally like Josh, but yeah, if the patroitic vote is what's keeping Josh on the show, that's not right. People should be voting for him because of how he does with the songs he sings, not because of the fact that he's in the military.

I don't mind Carmen.

Angela
Old 04-08-2003, 09:46 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Well, Carmen stank it up tonight, like I knew she would. Even Simon stopped thinking with his soldier for a moment and admitted it.

She is the weakest link. G'bye!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:13 AM   #203
Refugee

I watched American Idol last night and I have to admit that as much as I love him, I am getting sick of Clay's singing. He signs ballad's every week, and his voice sounds great, but I would love to see him do something that is a little more upbeat.

It was nice to see Reuban out of his 205 shirt, and moving around a little bit as he sang. As always, he kicked ass.

IMO, Trynece (sp?) was the best performance of the show last night. She is really starting to grow on me.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:58 AM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Well, Carmen stank it up tonight, like I knew she would. Even Simon stopped thinking with his soldier for a moment and admitted it.
LOL!!!!

Carmen was truly awful, even compared with her previous performances. Way to slaughter Blondie. I really hope she'll be the one to go, but I'm afraid that people may have listened to Simon's ridiculous criticisms of Trenyce and not voted for her as a result. It would be a shame if she left.

Also, I'm still not fully getting the Reuben thing. I mean, I like him, he's a good singer, but I just don't get the lavish praise that is heaped upon him by all the judges. But maybe that's just me...

Lastly, while I still love me some Clay, I too wish he'd sing something besides a ballad. He sounds good every week, but it's starting to get a bit boring.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #205
The Fly

Local Time: 04:02 PM
I can't believe Simon said he thought Treynce deserved to be in the bottom two. She's easily one of the most talented on the show. Carmen was awful. I think everyone loves Ruben because his voice is so smooth. He never misses a note and he has a sound. But, Simon said he didn't think Kimberly Locke could be an American Idol because she's too fat. Why he doesn't think the same about Ruben is beyond me. Goes to show there is always a double standard when it comes to women, weight, and celebrity.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:41 PM   #206
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Ok. Answer me this people- While Trenyce may be talented etc... do you really want to buy that kind of album? Does the world need another Whitney Houston, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey?!?
I think Trenyce is a good singer... but I say buh-bye. I would much prefer something more unique like Clay or Ruben. This is why I don't think she'll make it too much further in the competition. America is voting for a) who they think is the best and b) who they would actually want to hear on CD.

no more power ballads people.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:42 PM   #207
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I Ruben...I love his voice, and he seems like such a sweet, down to earth guy.

I Clay...I could listen to him sing all day.

I don't like Kimberly Locke. There have only been a couple performances of hers that I liked all right.

I don't like Josh...I'm just not into him. I don't know.

I think Trenyce is the best female.

Kimberley Caldwell is good...but she doesn't have much of a range. She's good at what she can do though.

Carmen was pretty bad last night...she's really pretty, but that performance was lacking.

Rickey...I thought he was pretty good. He's kind of hit-and-miss with me, but I liked him last night.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-09-2003, 12:50 PM   #208
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by partygirl
I can't believe Simon said he thought Treynce deserved to be in the bottom two. She's easily one of the most talented on the show. Carmen was awful. I think everyone loves Ruben because his voice is so smooth. He never misses a note and he has a sound. But, Simon said he didn't think Kimberly Locke could be an American Idol because she's too fat. Why he doesn't think the same about Ruben is beyond me. Goes to show there is always a double standard when it comes to women, weight, and celebrity.
That's so true about the double standard....makes me actually!
Although he did say to that Josh dude to lose some weight...and that's when I think they both got on the ground to do push ups.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:08 PM   #209
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Trenyce =
Old 04-09-2003, 01:18 PM   #210
Refugee

Hi Angel
Trenyce was off the last 2 weeks but she was ON last night...but just alone in the fact that she's been inconsistent is a huge strike against her. I know what you mean though about how we have enough Whitneys and Celines and Mariahs.
Carmen so butchered Blondie's "Call Me". It didn't even sound remotely like the original song.