MERGED --> David Blaine - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2003, 04:21 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:04 AM
If he really is staying in the box for 6 weeks, and it's not some kind of trick, he should be fairly insane when he comes out. Humans are social beings that need to be around others or they start to go crazy. Add this to the fact that he'll probably have nothing to entertain himself with in there and being starved, and you're just asking to lose your marbles. I've spent maybe 3 or 4 days with no human contact before and it starts to make you weird, plus i had food, tv, ect. If he's not nuts by the time he gets out of there I won't believe he was really in the box.

Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:04 AM
I had an uncle that didn't eat or have contact with people for 8 weeks, of course he was in a coma.

Seriously how would one survive without food for that long? The rest of it I could do. I think I could not have access to people or certain other things for that long, but your body needs certain nutrients to survive and needs to release certain things...

Old 08-26-2003, 05:35 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 02:04 AM
I think he's an alien!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:05 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:04 AM
I like Angela's BBQ idea. That would be fun!!!

Will this box have clear panels? Will people be able to see him? It has to be a trick of some sort.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:27 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Well, if there's one place to go where you have to resist the food. London is a good choice.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:38 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by womanfish
Well, if there's one place to go where you have to resist the food. London is a good choice.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:43 AM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 10:04 AM
David Blaine

david Blaine

heres the thing, if he doesnt look any thinner in 6 weeks then hes a fuckin hallucination of our dreams, and is not real, just this big old hillbilly fart that likes to throw cards at cameras and elevate into the air through might powerful flatulance powerfarts that ricochet off the pavement and back onto his arse thus giving him that lift!

Old 09-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

So Ill jsut bump this thread up rather than starting a new one......

Is anyone going to see him enter his box live on tv tonight?? (Im not im off to the pub/ disco )

Imo I dont think he'll do it or if he will he will be very ill

I think he is

Oh, here is a little news story if you care to read it

Blaine prepares for starvation stunt

Illusionist David Blaine is making the final preparations for his latest stunt, which will see him encased in a plastic box over the River Thames.
Blaine will enter the box on Friday night, planning to spend 44 days suspended beside the London river.

During that time he will go without food and will only have access to water fed through a tube.

The stunt will be televised on Channel 4 and Sky One - including live coverage throughout the entire 44 days on Sky.

The Perspex box Blaine will be calling home measures just 7ft by 7ft by 3 ft (2.1m by 2.1m by 0.9m) and will be suspended by a crane near to Tower Bridge.

The stunt is the latest in a series of bizarre challenges the US magician has set himself.

In 2000, Blaine spent 61 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds encased in a 6-tonne block of ice in New York's Times Square.

And, in 1999 he was buried six feet down under a glass tank filled with water for a week, being fed just four tablespoons of water a day.

Health check

During his latest challenge he will attempt to stay without food for more than six weeks, with no communication or distractions.

The box will contain trickling water and a tube for him to urinate - by which doctors will be able to assess his health.

Blaine said he weighed 205 lb (93 kg), having begun an added glucose diet, and expected to lose about 45 lb (20 kg) during more than six weeks without food.

Record-keepers at Guinness have already said his stunt will not qualify as a world record because it would not surpass records previously set.

The Guinness members also said they would not want to be seen actively to encourage anyone to starve themselves.

Sky One will show live coverage of Blaine's entry into the box on Friday evening, with Channel 4 showing the footage three days later.

His exit is due to be shown live on Sky One on 19 October and on Channel 4 the following day.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:56 AM   #39
New Yorker

He cut out a chunk of his ear in an interview the other day didn't he?

Well I might go and look at him on the 5th week!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

I dont think he actually cut it out I think it was a stunt to stir up some media frenzy, I rmemeber readina bout it last week

I also think I need a trip to London sometime too
Old 09-05-2003, 11:13 AM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:04 AM
South Park
Episode #68- The Super Best Friends
First aired- July 4, 2001

Street magician David Blaine is in South Park performing magic tricks and promoting his workshop. The boys are anxious to sign up and learn magic tricks; instead they are pitched on Blaine-tology and are pitched an opportunity to attend a camp, where they can learn so much more. The workshop and camp are actually a front for a cult. The boys find themselves sucked in; only Stan begins to have second thoughts and tries to leave. He tries to get Kyle to leave with him, but Kyle's been sucked in. Stan leaves, but his friendship with Kyle has been ruined.

As Blaine-tologists, Kyle and Cartman go door to door, trying to recruit more members. As an ex-member Stan is being hassled, he goes to seek the help of Jesus. Blaine eats his own head at a performance in Denver, and then Jesus challenges him on stage. Jesus' attempts to match Blaine's magic are primitive at best. He decides he needs to call on his friends, "The Super Best Friends". Meanwhile, back at the camp, Blaine's application for tax-exempt status has been rejected by the government. In retaliation the Blaine-tologists are going to march on Washington, DC and commit a mass suicide.

Kyle and Jesus arrive at the Hall of Super Best Friends. Stan meets some of the "Super Best Friends": Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna, Joseph Smith, Lao Tzu and Sea Man. Meanwhile, back at camp, Kyle has second thoughts and considers escaping, but Cartman sells him out. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Super Best Friends, the "Super Best Friends" and Stan detect the movement of the cult towards Washington and the implication if they actually got tax-exempt status; they would actually become a real religion. In Washington, DC, the cult members plan to drown themselves in the reflecting pool, which is only about 6 inches deep.

The "Super Best Friends" and Stan arrive on the scene. Stan looks for Kyle while the "Super Best Friends" take on the cult. Then they must face Blaine himself. Blaine brings the Lincoln Memorial statue to life, forcing the "Super Best Friends" to consult their computer back at base named Moses. Moses recommends that they create a giant stone John Wilkes-Booth to combat Lincoln. Wilkes-Booth shoots Lincoln in the back of the head and Kyle and the other cult members are saved, but when all is said and done, Blaine escapes, promising the "Super Best Friends" that he will be back.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:28 AM   #42
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
The Guinness members also said they would not want to be seen actively to encourage anyone to starve themselves.

so even the guinness book of world records is afraid of being sued?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Listen, he may be weird, but I do wish him all the luck.

I cant wait to see this programme!

Goodluck Davey dude, when u are out you and I can go get some dinner and then hit the Moulin Rouge for some spicy rougey!

Old 09-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

He's a lunatic!
Old 09-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #45
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
He's a lunatic!

Have fun finding out "Your Truths" Blaine!