MERGED-->Computer Help - Need ASAP + New MSFT Virus Fix + Windows Worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so like, my boss is telling us that supposably something big is going to hit this weekend and to shut off all of your automatic updates, and back up your computers :huh:

also...norton users>

Make sure your virus scan and system firewalls are up and running for this one.

http://www.msn.com/Blaster/msblaster.htm

Microsoft recommends that network administrators take the following actions immediately:

Read the Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) Security Response Team alert for technical guidance.
Download the MS03-026 Scanning Tool to identify computers that need the security update addressed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6c-b71b-4992-91f1-aaa785e709da&DisplayLang=en

Firewall;windows update;anti-virus software;remove the worm!

I recommend making sure you have the patch from microsoft tech that checks viability of your patch and configurations to protect your system. I also noted symantec as well as the other virus scans have a tool for removal of the RPCworm:

Download it so you have a copy of the worm removal tool on hand until this is over.

Make sure your virus dat files are up to date at least to the 11th of august where the RPCworm protection was added. You can get a daily update of virus dat files at Symantec, more up to date than automatic live update is.

If you think your system has been compromised don't forget to shut off system restore (by right clicking my computer:properties:system restore>because the virus files are stored there too and your virus scanning doesnt scan those files) restart your computer and run deep scan again...then turn system restore back on and set a new restore point.

microsoft just announced that they have shut down the URL for windowsupdate.com to shut the RPCworm down all together as itscheduled to start an attack from australia at 7am on the 16th but you will still be able to obtain your updates from the site through your operating system, they are starting up a new URL as of today.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom