MERGED-->Coldplay X&Y tour Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Will Coldplay X&Y tour return to North America?

The current leg of the X&Y tour in North America ends on September 30 in Bristow Virginia not to far from Washington DC. The band will then be going to Europe for shows all the way until Christmas.

So, does anyone here know if Coldplay might be returning to North America some time in 2006 for more X&Y shows?

I believe at the cancellation of several dates due to Chris' voice, Will announced that those dates would be made up on a Spring tour of the US.

Chris & Johnny announced there would also be an Australian tour in the new year, how those two fit I am unsure.

They grew another Coldplay in a vat. They've been covertly testing it during this leg, but the Chris has been having trouble with his voice. They hope to have the kinks worked out in time for their 2006 world tour, which will feature dates in North America, South America, Europe, Japan, and Australia. Simultaneously.

The real Chris stays at home and does naughty things with Gwenyth. Also, it turns out that the real Will is a fake Will. No one knows where the original came from. Aliens, maybe.

Last edited:
timothius said:
I believe at the cancellation of several dates due to Chris' voice, Will announced that those dates would be made up on a Spring tour of the US.

Chris & Johnny announced there would also be an Australian tour in the new year, how those two fit I am unsure.

Which shows got cancelled?

Birmingham, Alabama
Tampa, Florida

Those were due to Chris' voice.

Houston got cancelled due to that whore Rita.

They'll be back from February to mid-April doing an arena tour in NA.

inmyplace13 said:
Birmingham, Alabama
Tampa, Florida

Those were due to Chris' voice.

Houston got cancelled due to that whore Rita.

They'll be back from February to mid-April doing an arena tour in NA.

What is your source for the February to mid-April arena tour and how reliable do you think it is? I really hope they come back and re-visit a lot of the regions they played on this recent leg.

STING2 said:

What is your source for the February to mid-April arena tour and how reliable do you think it is? I really hope they come back and re-visit a lot of the regions they played on this recent leg.

To all our fans in the Birmingham, AL and Tampa, FL areas. It is with great regret that we have had to cancel our shows in your towns this week.

Chris is suffering from some issues with his throat and it was felt by his doctor that if he didn’t give his voice a rest he might not be able to sing for the rest of the US dates.

Please be assured that we planning on returning to the US in the spring of 2006 and when we do we will definitely reschedule both of these shows. Lastly, I and the band apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused due to the cancellation of these shows.

Love,
Coldplay

You would think fairly reliable, although band members haven't exactly been the most honest sources for possible future legs... I'm looking at you Bono. :mad:

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Coldplay's ongoing Twisted Logic tour is doing huge business at the box office in North America, but the group already has its sights set on a return engagement.

After the December 20th close of a European tour, Coldplay will return to North America in February for an arena tour that will run through mid-April, the group told Billboard.

The current tour is proving as successful as Coldplay's third Capitol album, "X&Y," which in 11 weeks has sold 1.9 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Source: reuters.com

typhoon said:
They grew another Coldplay in a vat. They've been covertly testing it during this leg, but the Chris has been having trouble with his voice. They hope to have the kinks worked out in time for their 2006 world tour, which will feature dates in North America, South America, Europe, Japan, and Australia. Simultaneously.

The real Chris stays at home and does naughty things with Gwenyth. Also, it turns out that the real Will is a fake Will. No one knows where the original came from. Aliens, maybe.

Cause its too funny not to be commented on...

inmyplace13 said:

Oh wow, thats great news! Do you have a date for that Billboard article? Was it recent?

I was thinking about driving down to the Bristow VA show which is already soldout and trying to get a ticket, but if they are indeed coming back to the USA for a February to April tour, I think might wait for that instead.

Well good to see an Oklahoma date, probably indicates a Texas one too. Hopefully they decide to come back to Austin, but they for sure will do Dallas then. I'm going to try to go to the OKC one, Dallas for sure, and hopefully an eventual Austin date.

:shh:

1/25/06 - KEY ARENA Seattle, WA - On Sale: 11/19
1/26/06 - GM PLACE Vancouver, British Columbia - On Sale: 11/21
1/30/06 - ARCO ARENA Sacramento, CA- On Sale: 11/19
1/31/06 - OAKLAND ARENA Oakland, CA - On Sale: 11/19
2/1/06 - HP PAVILION @ San Jose - San Jose, CA - On Sale: 11/19
2/3/06 - MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA Las Vegas, NV - On Sale: 12/3
2/19/06 - PEPSI CENTER Denver, CO - On Sale: 11/19
2/20/06 - QWEST CENTER Omaha, NE - On Sale: 11/19
2/22/06 - PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS Auburn Hills, MI - On Sale: 11/19
2/23/06 - FREEDOM HALL Louisville, KY - On Sale: 11/19
2/25/06- TOYOTA CENTER Houston, TX - On Sale: 11/21
2/26/06 - AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER Dallas, TX - On Sale: 11/21
2/27/06 - FORD CENTER Oklahoma City, OK - On Sale: 11/19
3/2/06 - MCI CENTER Washington, DC - On Sale: 11/19
3/4/06 - T.D. WATERHOUSE CENTRE Orlando, FL - On Sale: 12/3
3/5/06 - FORD PAVILION Tampa, FL - On Sale: 11/19(Rescheduled date. for postponed Sept.14 concert will be honored.)
3/20/06 - QUICKEN LOANS ARENA Cleveland, OH - On Sale: 11/19
3/22/06 - AIR CANADA CENTRE Toronto, Ontario - On Sale: 11/19
3/25/06 - CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ARENA East Rutherford, NJ - On Sale: 11/21
3/26/06 - NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM Uniondale, NY - On Sale: 11/21
3/3O/06 - UNITED CENTER Chicago, IL - On Sale: 11/19
4/4/06 - MOHEGAN SUN ARENA Uncasville, CT - On Sale: 11/19
4/3/06 - VERIZON WIRELESS ARENA Manchester, NH - On Sale: 11/19
4/6/05 - WACHOVIA CENTER Philadelphia, PA - On Sale: 11/19

Iskra said:
Def coming in the Spring.
trust me.
Solid info.

Yeah, it's not like it's already been announced or anything. It's not like there's a website dedicated to it. I guess I'll take your word.

LA Dates will be announced later, they said. Just stay tuned, they're supposed to be announcing them on some radio station.

About the NYC date, they sold out two nights at the Garden just a few months ago, so I would be very surprised if they passed up on it this time around.

Coldplay at the Wachovia Center! :love:

Too bad it just reminds me I'm not seeing anymore U2 shows this tour. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom