MERGED: Coldplay One More Time + Coldplay??? + Chris Martin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whammy

The Fly
Coldplay ?????

TO ALL,

I was wondering what everyone thought of Coldplay and the obvious comparison. Has anyone heard their comments in any interviews and if so, did they give props and homage to guys?

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I?ve been gone for quite awhile.

Later! :wave:

Last edited:
In most of the interviews I've heard, Chris Martin and the rest have nothing but great things to say about U2.

:heart: COLDPLAY :heart:

coldplay.jpg

:heart: :heart:

coldplay.jpg

I :heart: Coldplay... but have been a bit aggravated at their lack of interviews and tv appearances since Chris started dating "the actress." Before that, he was always willing to talk to everyone, or meet fans before shows. This doesn't affect my love of their music, though - I just feel their general image has become a bit icy.

I love them but I hate the comparisons. Other than Chris' obvious concern for the fair trade issue, which is of course VERY CLOSELY related to the debt and subsequent povery issues of third world countries, I see no real similarities in their music.

The Coldplay show I went to see at the Hollywood Bowl this may was one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

*gush*

i knew my comment would draw a response from you

zonelistener said:
Dearest of friends...sometimes it is better not to say/post things if you have nothing nice to say.

oh i'm sorry. i didn't realize that having an opinion was a crime if it happened to run against the status quo. ;)

Sure ya can! :hyper:

I liked Clocks.. when it first came out, but now its overplayed and my face looks like this when I hear it
cringe.gif

you know whaat I've decided?
do you wanna know what I've decided?:uhoh: :yikes: :blahblah:

Coldplay are playing at an outdoor concert near here weekend after next. I don't have tickets:shame: :banghead: :grumpy: :sad:
BUT...

I think I'll go along anyway. I should be able to hear them OK from outside the venue. Slightly pathetic, but it might be worthwhile:confused: :dance: :applaud:

if I see Chris Martin around the traps, I'll ask him what he thinks of U2.

Don't Give Up

Sorry....I do not like Coldplay. The lead singer whines.
Everything I've heard by them is depressing and would make
a wonderful soundtrack for a suicide.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom