MERGED: Coldplay One More Time + Coldplay??? + Chris Martin - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:44 PM
Yeah, he needs to chill out. I can understand why he got annoyed with the press, they can be an invasive bunch of 's, but still...................mercy.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:37 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:44 AM
I knew I should have gone home to mother for the weekend( I had to work for hub's band..dang nabit)
Seven Mile Beach isn't at Byron Bay..it is my home town, just down the coast a bit. Dang Dang Dang!!
I listened to all the Splendour in the Grass Interviews yesterday...hilarious, sounds like a LOT of fun, even with all the mud. They said Chris went off with his dancing and had a coughing and giggling fit in the middle of a song and was ever so cute I shoulda oughta been there. I can't imagine the line-up being so good ever again.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:39 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 05:44 PM
cass he may have tossed stones at you if you were at the beach.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:45 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:44 AM
I wonder what Jonny Buckland and co. think of the new direction they're heading in

I'm looking forward to the Iron Maiden covers.

could you not see Chris bellowing 'Run To The Hills' in between Politik and Scientist?

ooh I think I'm going to go listen to some Maiden now.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:46 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Iron Maiden covers?
Old 07-21-2003, 07:00 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

bastardization of Green Eyes from a fan at the coldplay site

[q]Honey you are a rock
covered in Aussie sand
And I come here to talk
but you don't seem to understand .........

Mean eyes, yeah the flashlight, shines upon me
And how could, anybody, deny ME!!!!?

I came here with a Rock
And it feels so much lighter now I met you
And tithead you should know
That you will never go on without ME
Mean eyes

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I Surf
And you came here to stalk
I think you should know..........

That mean eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny ME, must be out of their mind

Because I came here with a Rock
And i feel like such a fighter since I met you
tithead, you should know
That I will follow you wherever you go
Mean eyes, Mean eyes

Oh oh oh oh (x4) OUCH...(that hurt mummy)

Honey you are a rock
covered in Aussie sand.[/q]
Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

now this is just sad if this is true.
i kinda feel sorry for Gwyneth.

[q]Will Gwyneth and Chris split?
by RICHARD SIMPSON, Evening Standard

hey are the golden couple. Gwyneth Paltrow and her rock star fiance Chris Martin seem the perfect celebrity romance.

But now friends fear the pressures of media attention may have brought them to the brink of splitting up after a string of blazing rows.

As Martin, 26, was today ordered to appear in court in Australia for damaging a photographer's car, it emerged that neighbours of Paltrow's Belgravia flat have reported a shouting match which ended with the actress telling Martin: "I can't go on like this".

The row - clearly audible through the apartment's balcony windows which had been flung wide open in last week's heat - came after the couple returned from a walk around shops in Knightsbridge.

It fast became a circus when they were pursued by five photographers and autograph hunters.

After the row, Martin flew out to start a tour of Australia with his band Coldplay, leaving Paltrow, 30, alone in the apartment.

She is believed to have made up with the singer later and flown out to join him.

The couple's relationship is also under pressure since Paltrow is torn between living with Martin in London and returning to the US to be with her mother, Blythe Danner, after the death of her father Bruce.

It was against that background that Martin was arrested yesterday after allegedly "losing it" and attacking a photographer's car with a rock and letting down its tyres.

Martin does not drink, smoke or take drugs and is known for being level-headed and mild-mannered, but in an astonishing change of character, he rowed with the freelance photographer yesterday after he was snapped surfing at Byron Bay, New South Wales.

Photographer John Lister, 47, said: "I followed him to the beach south of Byron Bay and photographed him surfing.

"He saw what I was doing and came out of the water and asked me to delete the images. He was a bit upset - for some reason he didn't want to be photographed surfing in his wetsuit.

"I refused as I said it was a public beach and I was allowed to take pictures there.

"He was quite aggressive and obviously very unhappy with me, and he just lost it.

"I was walking back to my Jeep and he ran ahead of me and started hitting it with a rock.

"Then he began to let the air out of the tyres. I wasn't frightened of him, just angry, and shouted at him.

"So he shouted 'Don't take any more f***ing pictures', then ran away."

Martin will face court in Byron Bay on 8 October charged with malicious damage.

A friend said: "Gwyneth is still distraught by the death of her father and has hardly worked since then.

"That is strain enough on their relationship and the added pressure of fame is making matters worse."

Her engagement ring was absent when they strolled around London last week. [/q]
Old 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, horrors. What horrible news if it's true. Damn.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:07 PM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

You know, two days ago, I would have probably agreed with most of you. I won't even tell you what I have been listening to the last couple days, but, to make it short, I no longer ascribe to music elitism.

*thinks the "Clocks (Illicit White Label Remix)" is cool.

Melon
Old 07-21-2003, 08:59 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

melon,
did you mean to place your post in the anti-loving coldplay thread?
Old 07-21-2003, 10:03 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

OMG............
*card-carrying Coldplay fan*
Old 07-22-2003, 03:10 AM   #102
War Child

I was at the Splendour festival over the weekend and Coldplay were fantastic. Thats the 4th time I've seen them, but only the first since Rush... came out, loved Politik and In My Place.
The Music were also incredible. I think they could end up being a big big band.

I don't know why celebs still attack photographers. I understand them being pissed off, but if they are pissed off at the attention, whats the point in creating way more attention? I was fortunate enough to be able to spend some time around Coldplay once about 2 1/2 yrs ago, along time before they were 'huge' and you'd never imagine a guy like Chris Martin going nuts like that. The surf must have been bloody cold.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:21 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

i wish i saw them when they were on tour for Parachutes. At least i saw a few songs from that tour a few weeks ago on HBO. I have enjoyed all of the concerts that i have been to for the ROBTTH tour.

and yeah that is unfortunate about Chris snapping like that. A person can only tolerante lso much stress. He is human after all and i am sure it is just stressful being on the road and having to be in the spotlight. i can't imagine how annoying it must be for him or any celeb to have their personal life invaded by the papparrzi. it is crap that he cannot be able to enjoy a simple pleasure like going to the beach with out being photographed.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #104
New Yorker

Poor Chris...we can only take sooo much!...and It seems like Chris and Gwinnie are forever arguing.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:23 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

what is this that i saw this morning on MTV! *wipes eyes* finally the scientist video. wow now i have to see the clocks video.

Tags
coldplay