MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
umm not sure if adamswildhoney knows this already so i will post it. i know you are in northern cali, (me too) and coldplay will be coming to sacramento and san francisco at the very end of may. i got tickets for the sacramento show and i am so excited.

coldplay

So the Pittsburgh show was last night. Awesome. I was a few rows back from stage. 5th time I have seen them and they keep getting better imo.

Lets see both Poor Me and Moses were played. As well as a new song Chris said they have never played before and he was not sure if they would ever play again live. He did not give it a name, but said they are planning to record it with a full brass band. The song was great.

It was Chris' birthday so the band and crowd sang happy bday to him at the begining of the second set. Everythings Not lost was amazing. As was Trouble, One I love, Yellow, Clocks, the Scientist, etc. The show was great.

In another note the AOL sessions recording that I posted about a few weeks ago is now out. For non AOL members there is a netscape link in the post

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:drool: I downloaded the grammy performance! oh wow the strings in this song!!!!! :heart:

one more week for me until i see them again. :love:
Where'd you download it from?

I tried that, but it just plays as a Windows Media file... and if I right click and try to save target... it saves as an MPEG and not as an MP3. :scratch: What am I doing wrong?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
please tell me that gwenyth did not show up on stage with a cake for chris. :lol: chris is now 26..yay he is in his mid to upper twenty's and only 2 years younger than me!!! :cute:

she did not show show up on stage but my guess is that she was there. Chris made a comment to the effect of "This is for someone who is going back to England tomorrow"...

Angel said:
I tried that, but it just plays as a Windows Media file... and if I right click and try to save target... it saves as an MPEG and not as an MP3. :scratch: What am I doing wrong?

hmm....

when you save mp3's it may say "Windows Media File" in ths save box. if you want you can IM me and I will send it to you. I think I should be ok if you "save target as" though...at least it was for me

ok, thx DiGi. I will try again tonight when I get home... otherwise I'll contact you and take you up on your offer.
The worst part is, I never even saw the Grammies... so I really really want to hear this.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
please tell me that gwenyth did not show up on stage with a cake for chris. :lol: chris is now 26..yay he is in his mid to upper twenty's and only 2 years younger than me!!! :cute:

I was wondering if Chris had done anything for his birthday. Presumably someone had a cake.

Woo hoo! I saw them tonight in Detroit, and the concert kicked ass! "Everything's Not Lost" particularly stands out in my mind as being great, but everything was. Chris came out after the encore and played a song on guitar. He said that he wrote it last night and that the last time he performed a song that he had written the night before was 5 years ago and it was "Don't Panic." It was very sweet- the lyrics were something like "I was looking for proof and in you I found the truth." Those may be sorta off, but that was the gist of it. He said the name of the song is "Proof." I must say that I was also impressed by the lighting they had for the show- it was very effective. :up: Anyway, I had a great time and thought the band was amazing! (Unabashedly girly moment: And I'm now totally head over heels in love with Chris! :love:)

Re: coldplay

DiGi said:
It was Chris' birthday so the band and crowd sang happy bday to him at the begining of the second set. Everythings Not lost was amazing. As was Trouble, One I love, Yellow, Clocks, the Scientist, etc. The show was great.

Ohhh I just missed Chris's B-day :sad: I'm seeing them TONIGHT :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I was in Chicago seeing Bon Jovi 3/1 - ironically 3/2 is also Jon's B-day. They had a big cake with a Marilyn Monroe impersonator inside it! We sang to him but I'd rather have been singing to Chris :(

Ah well, exactly 4 hours until we depart, excuse me while I press my face up against the window for the next 4 hours!!

Giant Lemon said:
Woo hoo! I saw them tonight in Detroit, and the concert kicked ass! "Everything's Not Lost" particularly stands out in my mind as being great, but everything was. Chris came out after the encore and played a song on guitar. He said that he wrote it last night and that the last time he performed a song that he had written the night before was 5 years ago and it was "Don't Panic." It was very sweet- the lyrics were something like "I was looking for proof and in you I found the truth." Those may be sorta off, but that was the gist of it. He said the name of the song is "Proof." I must say that I was also impressed by the lighting they had for the show- it was very effective. :up: Anyway, I had a great time and thought the band was amazing! (Unabashedly girly moment: And I'm now totally head over heels in love with Chris! :love:)

:banghead: :banghead:

Goddamn it. :| :sad:

I am glad you had a good time, though. Just wish I could have been there, too. :)

Damn. If I didn't have a :censored: teaching assignment next week near New Orleans, I'd be going to the Atlanta show tomorrow. I can't make both trips. :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Goddamn it. :| :sad:

I am glad you had a good time, though. Just wish I could have been there, too. :)

I totally understand. :) I wish you could've gone too- I'm sure you'll get a chance to see them sometime! :hug:

Thanks for the links, Digi!

Last edited:
Giant Lemon said:
(Unabashedly girly moment: And I'm now totally head over heels in love with Chris! :love:)

Chris had that effect on me and both my sisters, too! He was all we could talk about after the show. Plus I'm pretty sure we all took turns yelling out "We love you, Chris" near the end of the show. :eek: Nothing wrong with getting a little girly, I suppose! :D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
CHRRRRRRRRRISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: i was yelling it out too and will be proclaiming my love to him on Thursday night. :D

Damn, you're lucky. I have to go to New Orleans next week and I can't make both trips. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

i got my coldplay tickets today and i just found a great seat sale to fly up and see them. this is amazing. now all i have to do is meet the guys and my life will be complete. :hyper:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little late, but I was also at the Pittsburgh show. I was on the floor, seven rows back. It was fantastic! I loved 'Trouble' and 'The Scientist' (they made me cry) also 'In My Place' and 'Clocks'. They brought the place down with those two! The whole show was great. And oh my goodness, Chris was so amazing! *swooooon*

:)

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:
Chris had that effect on me and both my sisters, too! He was all we could talk about after the show. Plus I'm pretty sure we all took turns yelling out "We love you, Chris" near the end of the show. :eek: Nothing wrong with getting a little girly, I suppose! :D

Definitely not! :D I love Coldplay for their music first and foremost, so I feel kinda bad going on about how cute Chris is and everything, but I can' t help it. He's absolutely adorable! :combust:

Giant Lemon said:

Definitely not! :D I love Coldplay for their music first and foremost, so I feel kinda bad going on about how cute Chris is and everything, but I can' t help it. He's absolutely adorable! :combust:

I hear ya. The music's gotta be good, and Coldplay's certainly is. Besides, musical prowess only increases one's sexiness. Hence the following:

Chris makes great music, therefore he is more sexy. :drool:

:hyper:

y'all can listen to the Atlanta concert tomorrow night live by logging on to www.99x.com

[q]LIVE COLDPLAY BROADCAST!

Tune in Thursday, March 6th when 99X broadcasts the Coldplay show LIVE from the Gwinnett Civic Center in Duluth!

You can listen online here beginning around 9:00 PM or on the dial at 99.7 FM.

There is an opening band that we won't be broadcasting so be sure to be here around 9:00 when Coldplay hits the stage. Time subject to change so you better check back here for up to the minute details or listen to 99X!

Listen LIVE Thursday!
[/q]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom