MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2003, 04:49 PM   #691
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:19 PM
Anyone seeing Coldplay at V2003?

Cant wait to see them for a second time!

Old 06-29-2003, 09:11 PM   #692
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 02:19 PM
so here is how much my ears are tuned into Coldplay. i was baking some stuff this afternoon with my sister for my brother's wedding and in the living room HBO is on. Well as i am teaching my sister how to do this one recipe i hear the beginning of Yellow but only a few guitar strings and it was not a normal version i was used to. i stopped in mid sentence and turned around and yelled out "OH FUCK IT IS COLDPLAY ON HBO AND IT IS FROM THEIR PARACHUTES TOUR!!!!!" so i run to the living room, leave my sister in the kitchen and had a can of Crisco in my hand, found the remote turned on the TiVo and became a complete fool. so there i am all excited because i saw their tour on HBO and my sister looked at me and said "oh you have it bad for him don't you!"

Old 06-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #693
ONE
love, blood, life

LMAO

I want to see it now.

Coldplay...not the Crisco.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:48 AM   #694
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:19 PM
I see them tomorrow.
A double concert with Live.
It should be excellent!
I have never seen them live.
The song I want to hear live most? Everything's Not Lost (love the singalong part)

C ya!

Marty
Old 06-30-2003, 02:54 AM   #695
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
I see them tomorrow.
It should be excellent!
The song I want to hear live most? Everything's Not Lost (love the singalong part)

C ya!

Marty
WOW ur very lucky!!! The everythings not lost singalong part was may favourite moment of the gig in London a couple of months back!!! Really gets the crowd going!

Have fun and tell allwhen u return
Old 06-30-2003, 07:27 AM   #696
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Oh oh yeah.

Make sure you sing along!
Old 06-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #697
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
so here is how much my ears are tuned into Coldplay. i was baking some stuff this afternoon with my sister for my brother's wedding and in the living room HBO is on. Well as i am teaching my sister how to do this one recipe i hear the beginning of Yellow but only a few guitar strings and it was not a normal version i was used to. i stopped in mid sentence and turned around and yelled out "OH FUCK IT IS COLDPLAY ON HBO AND IT IS FROM THEIR PARACHUTES TOUR!!!!!" so i run to the living room, leave my sister in the kitchen and had a can of Crisco in my hand, found the remote turned on the TiVo and became a complete fool. so there i am all excited because i saw their tour on HBO and my sister looked at me and said "oh you have it bad for him don't you!"
correction to my above post:

this was not the full parachutes concert. only a few songs from their live performance in Phili back in 2001. There were several other bands such as Remy Zero that were also showcased on this special. Anyway the show on HBO is called "Reverb" it featured 3 bands performing back in 2001. the first song was Shiver that I heard not Yellow. how dare i make a big mistake like that.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #698
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:19 PM
i think i saw the Reverb thing before as well - pretty cool stuff. back to work now
Old 06-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #699
War Child

Hey Celia!

Im seeing Coldplay at V2003 too! Cant wait to see them again.....I saw them for 2nd time last october at Wembley Arena and the gig was great! I first saw them when they supported U2 in Slane which was also supported by Red Hot Chili Peppers. How ironic is it that Im seeing them again together at V2003 (tho on seperate days) so its gonna be fecking fantastic!

dougal
Old 07-02-2003, 04:51 AM   #700
Refugee

Quote:
I see them tomorrow.
It should be excellent!

C ya!

Marty
and, how did youl ike it??

i was there as well. pity it rained so much but most of the gigs were great. nada surf were excellent (as to be expected). supergrass started of a little slow (not too energetic), but did come into it and the last couple of songs were great. coldplay were fantastic. i saw them almost a year ago so i knew what to expect. nevertheless, really, really superb band!!
live; well, what can i say, some of the older songs are very good, but most of the (newer) songs really don't do it for me. some of them sounded like bon jovi and others like they would make for a great contestant in the eurovision song contest. that is not a compliment. all in all a terrific day!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:29 AM   #701
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Friar Sr
and, how did you like it??

i was there as well. pity it rained so much but most of the gigs were great.
I had a great day yesterday. But the rain... I think you all know the U2 at Red Rocks video. Remember the rain before that concert? Well, that was just a small drizzle compared to the ocean of water that came out of the sky yesterday.

Quote:
nada surf were excellent (as to be expected). supergrass started of a little slow (not too energetic), but did come into it and the last couple of songs were great.
Don't know Nada Surf that well. I only knew their hit Popular, which they didn't play. Oh well, it was quite good what they were playing (although my sister didn't like them that much). You're right about Supergrass. Tellingly, it appeared the crowd got more enthousiastic just after the (small) storm that was unleashed halfway through their set. BTW, I think they can better change their name to The Animals as most of them looked like Baboons (and the drummer drums just like Animal from The Muppets ).

Quote:
coldplay were fantastic. i saw them almost a year ago so i knew what to expect. nevertheless, really, really superb band!!
This was the first time I saw Coldplay. It was indeed very good, they have great songs. And Chris was also on good form addressing the crowd (introducing Trouble as 'a song about playing a concert when it's raining') and dancing like mad on the stage (he's probably in competition with Michael Stipe ). Still, I thought the spark was absent. It might have to do with the drizzling rain, the crowd (as there were also a lot of people who went specifically to see Live) or where I was standing (next to the sound/light tower). Nevertheless, they made me long for more. Next time they play the Netherlands (on their own) I definately want to go again!

Quote:
live; well, what can i say, some of the older songs are very good, but most of the (newer) songs really don't do it for me. some of them sounded like bon jovi and others like they would make for a great contestant in the eurovision song contest. that is not a compliment. all in all a terrific day!
I agree with your take on Live. But it was nice to see how grateful he is playing the Netherlands (mentioning their new record went gold in its first week, they got their first #1 single worldwide here with Overcome, etc.)

Yes, it was indeed a terrific day. Not even the rain could ruin that.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Just for the record, for the past few weeks the weather was beautiful here in the Netherlands. But when I got my day off and went to see the bands the rain came down. I think they want me to go working again...
Old 07-02-2003, 08:25 AM   #702
Refugee

Quote:
BTW, I think they can better change their name to The Animals as most of them looked like Baboons (and the drummer drums just like Animal from The Muppets ).
haha, you're right on.

Quote:
Still, I thought the spark was absent. It might have to do with the drizzling rain, the crowd (as there were also a lot of people who went specifically to see Live) or where I was standing (next to the sound/light tower).
ahw, we should have waived, i was not far from the right side of that tower.
about the absent spark, i agree to a certain level. i saw them in the heineken music hall as well and that night was a bit more 'magical'. i agree it probably suffered from the rain and - probably moreso - from all those live fans. not a great crowd.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #703
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:19 PM
http://www.nme.com/news/105473.htm

Sweet a Royksopp mix of clocks
Old 07-05-2003, 06:29 AM   #704
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by dougal55
Hey Celia!

Im seeing Coldplay at V2003 too! Cant wait to see them again.....I saw them for 2nd time last october at Wembley Arena and the gig was great! I first saw them when they supported U2 in Slane which was also supported by Red Hot Chili Peppers. How ironic is it that Im seeing them again together at V2003 (tho on seperate days) so its gonna be fecking fantastic!

dougal
GREAT!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing the CHILI PEPPERS as well!!

Well not long now...jut over a month and we will be jumping around!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 11:50 PM   #705
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

has anyone seen GPASOYF yet? It's so classy! I it!

click here for video!