MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #406
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandSoul

I'm glad we have a place for us Coldplay fans to gush on without annoying the other Interferencers!

(I put the thread back at the top; my work is done)
I agree. Thanks!
*listening to "Politik"' right now because I'm in the mood*

Old 03-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #407
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Giant Lemon
Your criticism isn't really valid. This is just a normal thread like all the others. It used to be one of the Important threads, but that was just so people would notice it and not post zillions of Coldplay threads. But now that people know to keep all the Coldplay talk in here it's just a normal thread. People keep on replying- that's why it's always near the top.

If you think it's getting preference in some other way, tell me and I'll try to do something about it.
First - no criticism.....I was merely wondering why the PEARL JAM thread was important and not other bands or tour threads...such as the Coldplay thread or, say, the lollapalooza thread - or a Radiohead thread. The Pearl Jam thread is up on top with the CD Exchange. Not criticism...please don't take it that way - jsut wondering.

Old 03-17-2003, 10:43 PM   #408
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari

Ahhh! That's crazy. I was in 237 row B! We so shoulda met up! And no, I didn't see a girl with a kick-ass Bono PopMart shirt - was that you? If I would have seen a girl in a PopMart shirt I would have run up to her and been all like, "U2?! Me too!"

Hey, did you hang around afterwards to try and meet Coldplay?

I can't PM, but you can e-mail me at karaf_8@hotmail.com.
No, I wasn't the girl (I am a guy ) in the shirt - but I did stop her and talk to her. She asked me if I knew who it was. I was like "yeah, it is my man Bono." She told me people think it is Elvis costello.

I will E-mail you!
Old 03-17-2003, 11:24 PM   #409
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

No, I wasn't the girl (I am a guy ) in the shirt - but I did stop her and talk to her. She asked me if I knew who it was. I was like "yeah, it is my man Bono." She told me people think it is Elvis costello.

I will E-mail you!
O man! I thought you were a guy, but then that whole chick w/ the Bono shirt thing threw me off...My bad!
Old 03-18-2003, 04:26 PM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

First - no criticism.....I was merely wondering why the PEARL JAM thread was important and not other bands or tour threads...such as the Coldplay thread or, say, the lollapalooza thread - or a Radiohead thread. The Pearl Jam thread is up on top with the CD Exchange. Not criticism...please don't take it that way - jsut wondering.
Sorry- I think I came off a little harsh in my post. And I totally missed your point about the Pearl Jam thread being important. Me = & I'm going to unstick that one now- it's been up long enough.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #411
War Child

I don't know how many of you guys are on the Coldplay board, but there's a thread going in the Live forum that asks - Is Chris Martin the next Bono?

I realize that they are two different people and they both do their own thing, but you gotta admit the two have some distinct similarities. In all honesty, I would say yes, Chris is becoming the next Bono. This is not to say that he will mimic Bono's every move, but I do think that given time CM's social/poitical views will be just as obvious in his lyrics as Bono's and I think Coldplay will begin using the stage to really make people aware of what's going on around them, just as U2 have. (Much as they've already done with maketradefair.com) Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think...
Old 03-24-2003, 01:57 PM   #412
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:40 PM
more live stuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/markandl..._feature.shtml
Old 03-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #413
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari
I don't know how many of you guys are on the Coldplay board, but there's a thread going in the Live forum that asks - Is Chris Martin the next Bono?

I realize that they are two different people and they both do their own thing, but you gotta admit the two have some distinct similarities. In all honesty, I would say yes, Chris is becoming the next Bono. This is not to say that he will mimic Bono's every move, but I do think that given time CM's social/poitical views will be just as obvious in his lyrics as Bono's and I think Coldplay will begin using the stage to really make people aware of what's going on around them, just as U2 have. (Much as they've already done with maketradefair.com) Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think...
Well , I'm not sure about Chris being the next Bono...but I know that in the last 20 years U2 has been one a few bands that has had something to say...and altho we can't predict the future of a band that has released only 2 albums, IMO Coldplay is going to become one of those bands in the years to come...

Btw news on the concert front ....it's looking very good that I will be attending the Coldplay show in Cleveland June 10 !!
Check out the Hall of Fame....and see a live show.....it's going to be a good summer !!
Old 03-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #414
The Fly

Awesome! You lucky girl.

I do think Chris is similar to Bono in a number of ways. The charismatic lead singer, gets all the chicks, all that stuff And yes very dedicated to good causes.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:23 PM   #415
New Yorker

ah my clocks singles came today...shuweet
Old 03-31-2003, 09:07 PM   #416
ONE
love, blood, life

I looked for it at the local record store on Saturday.

I did pick up some nice stickers and made an excited phone call to maryland :hint - signature:
Old 04-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #417
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i wonder if i actually go to my mailbox today if i will find my clocks single in it.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:51 PM   #418
New Yorker

the one i ordered from amazon us was mailed yesterday...the other 2 from UK came already....

I wonder what the next single will be...I vote for Politik

Jeff did you see another Red Rocks show was added?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
amazon sucks. they told me that mine won't be delivered until the middle of the month. and i preordered the damn thing!
Old 04-05-2003, 05:51 PM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life

I saw that they cancelled the ABQ show and added a second Red Rocks.

I think I may get "standing Room Only" tickets for Cleveland too.