MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only just been introduced to Coldplay and just picked up their CD this week. I really really like it, I'm totally impressed.

Next time their in my town , I will definitely be going!

They really seem to have something special.

:cool:

Very special. I'd love to see them live. IMO, A Rush Of Blood is the best album since The Joshua Tree. I'm serious. No, really. I mean it. Seriously.:up: :up: :up: :up:

Hey U2One! I didn't know you were going to the show! I was there too with my friend Kristie. We were on the floor in the second row in front of Chris. Allow me to agree with you that it was a FREAKING AWESOME CONCERT. Shiver. Everything's Not Lost. In My Place. Green Eyes. Hell, everything. There was not a weak spot in the show. And Chris Martin is such a wonderful, charmismatic, and incredibly energetic frontman. I'd seriously say this is the best show I've ever seen besides U2.

As for the energy of the crowd, I think there was a really good energy on the floor. It was just really hard to move cause we'd been standing in the same spot since we came in and our (or at least my) feet and back were really sore. But I think we were all feeling it, anyway. :yes:

After the show Kristie and I hung around to wait for the band to come out. It took awhile, but they did and we got to talk to and get a pic with Chris, who is just the nicest guy ever.

I posted about this in more detail in this thread, for anyone who wants to read :) :

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65209

:heart: COLDPLAY :heart:

Hey. Does anyone here know if there are people who record Coldplay shows and/or where I could get my hands on a copy of the show I went to? Cause I'd really like to have one. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any info. :)

Actually, I found someone at this Coldplay message board who recorded the show and who might make me a copy. No word from him yet, though...

As for bootlegs in general, you should go post there to see if anyone has any (I'm sure they do) and is willing to give you a few. I have no idea if they will since I just started posting there yesterday but the people there seem pretty nice and it's always worth a shot: http://coldplay.artscience.net

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Hey U2One! I didn't know you were going to the show! I was there too with my friend Kristie.

three days later, I mosey on in here...
:wave: it was absolutely freakin FABULOUS
I sort of passively liked them before I went but.. now...
:heart: :heart: :heart:

gina, please let me know if you're able to get a copy of the show.....i'd love to get a copy.....another thing, do you happen to know the setlist???? thanks!

U2One said:
gina, please let me know if you're able to get a copy of the show.....i'd love to get a copy.....another thing, do you happen to know the setlist???? thanks!

I'll definetly let you know once I get a copy. And I really wish I knew the setlist. Somebody started a thread on the Coldplay board asking what it was, and the thread sunk like a rock. All I could think was, if this were a U2 board, 12 people would have replied at once with the setlist, and then the next 2 pages would have been lamentations over why ______ wasn't played and exultations of how awesome ______ is live. Ah, well. I guess I'll find out when I get a copy of the show...

if anyone is an AOL member with a Broadband connection there is a video from the Coldplay show in Boston at the Paradise Club on AOL music this week. Would be on Keyword: Broadband Rocks.....its effing sweet so so far

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Actually, I found someone at this Coldplay message board who recorded the show and who might make me a copy. No word from him yet, though...

As for bootlegs in general, you should go post there to see if anyone has any (I'm sure they do) and is willing to give you a few. I have no idea if they will since I just started posting there yesterday but the people there seem pretty nice and it's always worth a shot: http://coldplay.artscience.net

Thanks. I actually am a member of the Coldplay MB, but haven't posted in a while. Time to go back. ;)

DiGi said:
if anyone is an AOL member with a Broadband connection there is a video from the Coldplay show in Boston at the Paradise Club on AOL music this week. Would be on Keyword: Broadband Rocks.....its effing sweet so so far
Thanks for this Digi! I've been watching it on and off.. very cool. too bad about the crappy reception i'm getting.

:drool:... :heart:.. concert.

I downloaded the Paris show today using WinMX. (I actually have 3 tracks left to get - will have tomorrow) and then I will upload to Sicy's FTP for everyone. The show is awesome. Chris Martin doing a little Paris talk. Good level of crowd sing along on some of the songs.

I wasn't a huge fan of them (still am not) but I saw their Glastonbury gig on TV the other day and a huge wave of regret eclipsed me.

I remembered the gig of the year I DIDN'T go to:

Coldplay/Travis live at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Damn it!

brettig said:
Time to let this thread slide dontcha think?

Well, it prevents having nineteen threads with titles like:
I saw Coldplay in Boston!!!
I'm seeing Coldplay in New York!
Can't wait for Coldplay to get to Cleveland!
Coldplay tomorrow in Manchester
Did anyone see Coldplay in London?
Coldplay are a great live band!!!

And so on....

For the record, yes I do think Coldplay are awesome, and I would've seen them a few weeks ago if not for the long drive to Chicago on a Tuesday evening.

Are coming back to the U.S.

Presale starts tomorrow.

January
21st orlando hard rock live
22nd miami u of miami
24th birmingham bjcc
25th charlotte grady cole
27th new orleans saenger
28th houston verizon wireless
29th austin frank erwin
31st dallas next stage

February
1st oklahoma city music hall
3rd st.louis savvis
4th kansas city memorial aud
6th denver fillmore
7th salt lake city saltair
9th phoenix dodge theatre

sho nuff

just got the email! i'm a happy little scamp that they're coming to Phoenix.

I'm seeing them at a DC mini-festival a month from tomorrow, I only decided to get tickets after it was announced at the last moment that Billy Corgan would be there, still, I'm interested to see them, they should be decent

I wanna see them in concert but they arent coming anywhere near where i am or where my sister lives (I live in Northern Cali, sister lives in Southern Cali):(

The Wanderer said:
I'm seeing them at a DC mini-festival a month from tomorrow, I only decided to get tickets after it was announced at the last moment that Billy Corgan would be there, still, I'm interested to see them, they should be decent

I think I am going to HFSmas as well and maybe NC in Jan

Well.....

After making an ass of myself at the last Coldplay show (I will use Digi and the (9:30 Club website as a reference), I think I will fly off and see the guys again.....OKC or St. Louis.

Anyone else going to be there?

zonelistener said:
Well.....

After making an ass of myself at the last Coldplay show (I will use Digi and the (9:30 Club website as a reference), I think I will fly off and see the guys again.....OKC or St. Louis.

Anyone else going to be there?

LMAO - I would always be up for a trip to see Coldplay and a new city.

Coldplay.jpg

New tour, same thread....

Please keep all Coldplay concert experiences condensed here.

Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom