MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2002, 08:28 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:42 AM

Does anybody have bootlegs of Coldplay? I can trade U2 ones for it. Puh-leez....

Old 09-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:42 AM
Zooropa-- I was also at the show! It was a great show and I loved hearing some of the new songs live. So cool....aside from the lame asses who kept commenting on the fact that we were standing up and they couldn't see the stage. Morons! Its a rock concert! argh!

but overall, lots of fun and good show.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:58 AM   #18
I Serve Larry's Stick

Kickass!

I'm glad to hear you had such a great time Kathleen!!! I finally got a copy of Parachutes, and it's great!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:57 AM   #19
MacPhisto's serving wench

Coldplay rocks T.O.

OOOhhhhhh.....

What an AMAZING SHOW! PArt of this is due to Chirs yelling "Everybody come on down..." There was about 15 seconds of stunned silence....then a mad dash as everyone ran for the front. Poor Chris was like, "AH shit....I...everyone just BE CAREFUL!" And so since the crowd was filling up the aisles, they opened up the front, creating a mini-mosh pit/chill place for fans. It was like being in the front row (Which, technically, it was!)

The actual show was great. The band looks like they have so much fun out there (Christ taking a helium balloon and trying to sing like a Chipmunk)....singing Nelly's "Hot in Here" or Jovi's "Living on a Prayer..." on interrupting the show to say "Look, this is an arena band now so we have to be an arena crowd. Don't be afraid to sing along and onward and upward until we get crazy..." "I know you all came here to see the Maple Lefas and are asking what the hell these four Birtish guys are doing here that you've never heard of. But the organ playing is better than at the hockeys games, isn't it?"

I disagree w/ Popkidu2's comments in the other Coldplay thread. I've never seen a more engaging piano man. I mean, he doesn't just PLAY. He's so into it....hardly sitting, banging his head, tapping his foot. HE gets so emotional, and I think THAT strikes a chord.

Coldplay WILL nOT be known for one song (i.e. Yellow). Judging by the audience's respoinses on In My Place, Clocks, etc....Shiver rocked. Daylight...their sets and lighting are GORGEOUS. The ending, I have to say was phenomenal. I was wondering how they could turn such a short song 'Life is for Living" into a closer.....the guitar riff is astounding...the song extended....combined with the whole show....*big sigh* Oh.....
Old 09-22-2002, 11:38 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Just a small request...

anytime anyone sees Coldplay live from here on out, can you please post it in this thread?

Just makes things a bit cleaner. Thanks!!
Old 09-22-2002, 01:19 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey, I have a question for those who have had GA tickets for a Coldplay concert. What time do people generally start lining up? I have GAs for the concert in Chicago on Tuesday. and I was just wondering what time I should show up for good, but not necessarily front row seats. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ok, I know some of you had GAs. C'mon! The concert's tomorrow! I need a little help here!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:36 AM   #23
Elvis' Naughty Angel

For the Seattle gig I was front row centre and lined up around 11am. I think people who got there later in the day, like 3-4pm still got up quite close. It all depends on security... how many lines let in at a time and the mad dash to the stage. In Seattle, they started a bunch of lines to check tickets just inside the venue and it allowed people who hadn't been waiting long to get real close. Not too cool in my opinion, but I managed to secure my spot none the less.
Old 09-23-2002, 02:10 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 03:42 AM
At Vegas I showed up at around 8:30 and was also front row center. I think people started showing up about an hour after we did. Good luck girl! Take tons of pics!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:38 AM   #25
War Child

So I went to the Coldplay show today in Chicago....

and it fuckin rocked!!!! The show was really good and the band played really well......Chris Martin was great, and he was really funny.....everything was really good....the only complaint i had was that the crowd seemed to be really dead....i mean no one seemed to be really jumping and singing along too much....especially the people who were on the floor (general admission)....seriously, i think i only saw about 5 people who were actually jumping....on the other hand, at the U2 shows everyone is jumping, in and outside of the heart....and everyone is always singing along. i guess it makes you think about the quote that bono said...its something like, "U2 on its own is a very interesting group and all, but U2 with its audience is a culture"
Old 09-25-2002, 10:11 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

i reallyreallyreallyreally wanted to go to this show but i went to paul mccartney instead, which also rocked.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:39 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 11:42 AM
Oh yea? Did he sing the frog song Screamin????

Old 09-25-2002, 11:24 AM   #28
War Child

Local Time: 10:42 AM

I saw Coldplay at Jones Beach, NY last week and it was an exhillerating experience. Their new record and this show is the best thing I've seen and heard since ATYCLB and Elevation Tour. What is great about Jones Beach is that its an open air theatre literally right ON the beach. So you have Coldplay, the moon and the ocean in the background.

And Chris Martin is a very excentric fellow. You would never know that by just listening to their music. Their concert reminded me a lot of a U2 one. You know, the dramatics of the whole thing and Martin's relationship with the audience. This is a very good band, and I hope they continue their quest.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:25 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

i love chris martin

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1
Oh yea? Did he sing the frog song Screamin????

what on earth is the frog song maddie?

Old 09-25-2002, 11:35 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 11:42 AM

Froggie song

hopefully the song plays?