MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 AM   #211
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:52 PM
That funny Jeff, I find myself banging the keys of my air piano when I hear Politik....

Which was an awesome opening in DC. Club Dark, Smoke on Stage, music starts, one light comes on and they let loose

Old 02-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #212
New Yorker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/saracox/...in_feb03.shtml

Old 02-20-2003, 09:15 PM   #213
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
That funny Jeff, I find myself banging the keys of my air piano when I hear Politik....

Which was an awesome opening in DC. Club Dark, Smoke on Stage, music starts, one light comes on and they let loose
I do the "air Piano" with the whole Rush of Blood Album. Mouth wide open, shaking head like a freak.

Went to Cleveland today to see the U2 exhibit - and realized that the Coldpaly show will be one day after the 20th anniversary of the U2 Red Rocks show.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:56 PM   #214
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Went to Cleveland today to see the U2 exhibit - and realized that the Coldpaly show will be one day after the 20th anniversary of the U2 Red Rocks show.
Wowser...I did not even think about that? How was the exhibit? I am going next Saturday and then Coldplay on Sunday....My ticket just came

Is anyone else joing us in Denver in June?
Old 02-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

I do the "air Piano" with the whole Rush of Blood Album. Mouth wide open, shaking head like a freak.

Wow! Amazing.................
Old 02-21-2003, 06:51 PM   #216
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi

Wowser...I did not even think about that? How was the exhibit? I am going next Saturday and then Coldplay on Sunday....My ticket just came

Is anyone else joing us in Denver in June?
Teh exhibit was amazing. I left there feeling like the crack smilie:

So many cool things, especially the written lyrics. I realized I was in Dublin when Bono and Salman Rushdie met for the first time. It was just amazing. And the picture exhibit from Anton Corbjin is pretty amazing too.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:06 AM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Back to Coldplay.......does anyone want to speculate what they're going to play on the Grammies Sunday? There is a rumor that it's going to be Politik. That would kick some serious ass!! But, they are nominated for In My Place!!! I guess we'll see.
Just cranked up "Clocks".
Old 02-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #218
The Fly

Just my opinion:

Coldplay are quite possibly the best band since U2 came out. They will never be as big as U2 but then again no one will. U2 are acultural phenomenon and there have been only two others in music

The Beatles
Elvis

The Who, Zeppelin, and the Stones are big , great acts but not of the level of U2.

Only time will tell if coldplay make it with these guys but probably not as their timing is off.

BUT and this can be argued, AROBTTH has to be one of the best contributions to music ever. The album is pure gold all the way through.

"Clocks" is easily one of the top ten songs ever composed, written and perfromed ever.

Just wanted to stir the pot.

OK , ATTACK!

Its hard to recognize excellence when it is too new. I don't like the idea that a band is appreciated years later whenthey aren't relative anymore.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think you can compare a band who''ve been around a quarter of a century with one who've been around for six years and are only touring to promote their second album. However, I think Coldplay has accomplished more in six years than most bands do in an entire career. They have classics like "Clocks", "Politik" and the title track to AROBTTH. The last time I was this excited about a new band was.............surprise, surprise, U2 20 years ago! I'm having a blast! Rock on, Chris and Co. *and* of course Bono and Co.!!!

*forgot this isn't PLEBA again*
*oh, well........*
Old 02-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
fyi:

[q]GRAMMY SPECIAL PERFORMANCE

Coldplay will be performing POLITIK at this year's Grammy Awards, taking place tomorrow (SUN 23rd FEB) at Madison Square Garden in NYC.
They will be backed by the New York Philharmonic Orchestra, a treat not to be missed.[/q]
Old 02-22-2003, 09:49 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Gosh, so the "Politik" rumor is true! Wow! That's going to kick butt. I can't wait!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
the news was on their website, so i take it to be true.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:14 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

OK, "Politik" it is. Great choice! There have been some contradicting rumors going around about the song. Some people thought it was going to be "Clocks" but they got it mixed up with the Brits; that's what they did on the Brits Awards show. I haven't looked at the site today. I just wish I didn't have a teaching assignment in a little joint near New Orleans when they're playing Atlanta. I want to shoot my bosses for scheduling the damn thing then. I do like the teaching but I hate the timing.
*Curse missed opportunities*
Old 02-23-2003, 12:12 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

sorry, i wish you were able to attend the show with me.

question... i want a copy of the original "see you soon" from Your Blue Room. Does anyone have a copy of this cd, and if so would you be willing to burn me a copy!? it is impossible to order online because it is sold out.

thanks!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:00 PM   #225
Refugee

i thought it was going to me in my place but i was hoping for clocks.

politik should be interesting thought. and the orchestra will be great backing them up.

wonder if gywneth will be walking down the red carpet with him tonite. probably not though.