MERGED-->Coldplay announcement + I got 4 tickets for Coldplay!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
Coldplay announcement

Email in my inbox: :hyper:

Thank you for registering on www.coldplay.com

As a member of 'In My Place' we wanted to give you some advance warning that we will be making a few important announcements next week both online and via this email list. Check your email and the site as much as you can from Monday onwards and we'll be in contact very soon.

thanks
www.coldplay.com

:confused:

OK but still, I'm expecting this is referring to the new album and tour. So indeed, :hyper:

And here is something with. . .um. . .a little more information: http://www.nme.com/news/111038.htm

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
now there are rumors flying around that Chris and Gwyneth's marriage is in trouble. :huh:

I hope that's untrue. I like them as a couple - they seem to lack the pretentions of so many other high profile celebrity pairings.

yeah I too hope it is untrue.

:rolleyes: it was a matter of time before the tabloids paired Brad and Gwyneth again. :der:
[q]Paltrow comforted by Brad Pitt
Sunday, February 27 2005, 13:06 GMT -- by Daniel Kilkelly

Brad Pitt has been comforting ex-lover Gwyneth Paltrow following reports that her marriage to Chris Martin is in trouble.

Paltrow has apparently been "pouring her heart out" to Pitt, who recently split from Jennifer Aniston. Pitt has also asked Paltrow to star in a movie he is producing, Running With Scissors.

A source told The People, "Brad and Gwyneth stayed good friends after they broke up but have had lots more contact since Brad chose her to be in his movie.

"When they met with a film agent to discuss it, they got on really well. They used to be the loves of each other's lives."

The source added, "Brad's growing more like someone Gwyneth wants to reconnect with." [/q]

Ha ha ha about the Brad and Jen thing.

I was waiting in a long line at the super market the other day and picked up one of those celebrity mags to browse and I saw this little blurb about how Chris Martin and Gwenyth Paltrow's marriage was on the rocks cause they seemed to be disagreeing with one another while out in public?

FFS, who writes this stuff? 13 year old girls? Their marriage is in trouble cause of a disagreement? Surely the author has never had a relationship....

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Back to the subject of this thread, I have read the announcement will be about the name of the album and hopefully we will find out when the it will be released.

:combust:

I hope so!

*counting down the days to Vertigo tour AND Coldplay new album*

Re: Brad and Gwyneth

I saw another tabloid claiming Brad and Jen were making another go of it. So which tabloid do I believe here?

Nothing like the supermarket checkout aisle for catching up on the latest news

:der:

Second e-mail from Coldplay's website

The new Coldplay album, the follow-up to 2002's multi-Brit and Grammy Award winning 'A Rush of Blood to the Head', will be released in June. Further information will be released in the near future.

COLDPLAY PRESALE for UK Tour Summer 2005

Coldplay will perform their biggest UK headline shows to date when they begin their 2005 world tour with a series of outdoor concerts this summer. They will play two nights at Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium in London, two nights at the Reebok Stadium in Bolton, and a night at Bellahouston Park in Glasgow. Each venue holds approximately 30,000 people.

Coldplay are understandably very excited by the prospect of these huge shows. "We've spent a long time in the studio and haven't played a gig for eighteen months", says Coldplay guitarist Jonny Buckland, "so we can't wait to get out on tour and play our new songs live."

The UK dates mark the start of Coldplay's biggest ever world tour, details of live dates outside of the UK will be released over the coming weeks.

The UK tour dates are:

Mon 27th & Tues 28th June
LONDON CRYSTAL PALACE ATHLETICS STADIUM

Fri 1st July
GLASGOW BELLAHOUSTON PARK

Mon 4th & Tues 5th July
BOLTON REEBOK STADIUM

I think they have been watching the U2 pre-sale very carefully.

Instead of having a presale, which they admit will cause an overload of traffic, on the internet you email your details into them requesting permission to buy tickets, upto 4, for 1 show. If they accept, saying that there is a cut-off point for InMyPlace subscribers depending on when you joined (which, irritatingly, counts me out as I never sign up for newsletters), they send you a link to complete your purchase, in which the tickets will be held for 24 hours before being released into the general sale.

Good work Coldplay!

Just a pity that I won't be included. :(

Saturday morning it is then, how long do you reckon it'll be before it sells out?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Their label is not doing well at all. I understand the delay of the album is not helping EMI.

I thought the delay of the album was due to the label wanting it to be released at a certain time as part of a strategy. Who knows?

[q] LONDON (Reuters) - Coldplay will release a long-awaited third album in June, the British rock band said on Tuesday as they announced plans to kick off their biggest world tour with U.K. gigs in London, Bolton and Glasgow.

The follow-up to the Grammy award winning "A Rush of Blood to the Head" will be welcome news to fans who have had to wait three years for the new album from a U.K. group that has also proved unusually popular in the United States.

"We've spent a long time in the studio and haven't played a gig for 18 months," guitarist Jonny Buckland said in a statement. "So we can't wait to get out on tour and play our new songs live."

The new album date will also be welcomed by investors in Coldplay's record label EMI which warned last month that sales in the year to March 31 would be lower than previously expected due to delayed releases from Coldplay and Gorillaz. [/q]

I cannot wait to see them live. I am curious to see how their presale will be this time around. I did very well with it last tour. :up: Of course they were not as popular as they are now.

Coldplay in the U.S. isnt going to be a problem getting tickets for. I think they will make the jump to amphitheaters and arenas primarily but they simply are not THAT popular here yet. That could change with this album and tour. But its not going to be like the hysteria for the Vertigo tour here. Europe could be a tough ticket though, they are obviously way more popular there.

Looking forward to seeing them again. I hope the album is a good one. Dont expect any radical departures though. They were working on alot of mellow material for this album.

[q]Coldplay Hot for Album, Tour

Wed Mar 2, 3:40 PM ET

By Josh Grossberg

Coldplay is finally defrosting.

The mega-selling, Grammy-winning British band has announced plans to unleash an as-yet untitled third album in June after which the group will hit the road for its first world tour in nearly two years.

The long-gestating LP--the follow-up to the 2002 multiplatinum smash A Rush of Blood to the Head--had been slated to debut this month, but Coldplay opted to further delay the release to give the quartet more time to perfect the mix. Coldplay shelved recordings made with producer Ken Nelson and turned to Rush helmer Danton Supple.

The band has recorded about 15 new songs--including "A Message," "Talk," "Square One," "X&Y," "Till Kingdom Come," "What If" and "The Hardest Part"--and is finalizing the track list. With the disc nearing completion, Coldplay has been itching to perform again.

"We've spent a long time in the studio and haven't played a gig for 18 months," guitarist Jonny Buckland said in a statement Tuesday. "We can't wait to get out on tour and play our new songs live."

After previewing the new material at a Mar. 12 benefit show at the Hollywood Bowl organized by Los Angeles radio station KCRW, Chris Martin (news) and cohorts will head back across the Pond to officially kick off their tour with a series of outdoor stadium shows, beginning at Dublin's Marlay Park on June 22.

They'll follow up with two a two-night stand at Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium in London on June 27-28, a concert at Bellahouston Park in Glasgow on July 1 and two dates at the Reebok Stadium in Bolton July 4-5. Each venue is estimated to hold 30,000 people.

A North American leg has not been announced, but Coldplay is expected to make it back to the States by the fall.

As for what took so long, drummer Will Champion said he and his bandmates didn't want to rush into anything.

"We were in no hurry because the prospect of touring again was so daunting," Champion said in the band's official newsletter. "But in the end, having no deadline became a problem because we never really felt the need to finish anything. As soon as we gave ourselves a proper deadline we started to be much more productive and the stuff we were doing was miles better."

Also likely contributing to the longer than expected hiatus was frontman Martin's tour of diaper duty. He and Gwyneth Paltrow have been preoccupied with their Apple.

In any case, the delay wasn't welcome news to the band's record company. When EMI announced last month that the Coldplay album wouldn't drop before March, shares in the company plummeted.

Coldplay shot to prominence with its 2000 debut disc, Parachutes, which spawned the hit "Yellow," won the Best Alternative Album Grammy and eventually sold 2 million copies in the U.S.

After touring relentlessly, the band went back into the studio to record A Rush of Blood to the Head, which featured the cuts "In My Place," "Politik," "Clocks" and "The Scientist." A monster smash, the sophomore album sold more than 3 millions copies in the U.S., won Grammys (news - web sites) for Record of the Year ("In My Place"), Rock Performance and Best Alternative Album, and found Coldplay mentioned in the same breath as some of its rock heroes, U2 and Radiohead.

The wiry Martin became a tabloid fixture as well after he began dating Paltrow. After a whirlwind courtship, the twosome tied the knot in a secret ceremony in December 2003; Apple dropped last May.

Paltrow, who showed up as last Sunday's Oscars (news - web sites) sans Martin, shot down rumors that their marriage was on the rocks with Martin planning a tour and her resuming her acting career. The Oscar winner said backstage that she wanted to maintain the couple's privacy, adding, "We're a happy household." [/q]

:sad:

i have to wait til the fall to see them.

but on a better note. i'll be seeing coldplay and u2 so close together

I'm seeing both within a month, 14th June & 4th July :wink: Actually, I've spent the last couple of years builing a fund because I saw them both touing this year.

I got 4 tickets for Coldplay!!

Only problem is I live in Mexico......looks like a need to start planning a nice trip to Europe this summer

Anyone else got tickets? Mine are for first night in London June 27, hopefully I'll try to get tickets for glastonbury which is just a few days earlier.

[q]Thanks for registering to Coldplay.com / In My Place

NEW DATE ANNOUNCED / PRESALE INFO:

Following the announcement of the UK tour dates this summer, the band can now confirm a new date, they’ll be playing Marlay Park in Dublin on Wednesday 22nd June 2005.

Tickets go on general sale on Friday 11th March but once again we will be offering all members of ‘In My Place’ the chance to purchase tickets in advance.[/q]

Back
Top Bottom