MERGED ----> Chris And Gwyneth Had An Apple + Coldplay as The Nappies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Chris And Gwyneth Had An Apple

Interesting name..never heard that before :wink:

LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her first child, a daughter called Apple, a spokesman said on Saturday.

Paltrow, 31, and her British husband Chris Martin, 27, lead singer of the band Coldplay, said they were "ecstatic" after the baby was delivered on Friday following a long labor at a London hospital.

"We are 900 miles over the moon," the couple said in a statement released by Martin's spokesman Murray Chalmers.

"We would like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after us amazingly."

The couple named their first child Apple Blythe Alison Martin. She weighed 9lb 11oz (4.39 kg).

"Both mother and baby are very well," the statement added. Paltrow, who was once engaged to Brad Pitt and dated actor Ben Affleck , met Martin backstage at a Coldplay concert in 2002.

The couple married in a secret ceremony in southern California last December.

Friends say Martin proved a huge support for Paltrow after the sudden death in October 2002 of her father, film director Bruce Paltrow .

Martin and the quartet Coldplay have enjoyed huge global success since their acclaimed debut album "Parachutes" in 2000. They won a coveted Grammy Award for "Clocks" in February.

Paltrow won a best actress Oscar for the 1998 film "Shakespeare in Love" and recently played the late poet Sylvia Plath.

Granny smith apple! ;)

I'm glad everything went well and the baby is healthy..maybe they will release one photo to avoid the paparazzi..not that that will stop them anyway :slant:

Blythe is obviously for her Mom, does anyone know about Alison?

MrsSpringsteen said:
Granny smith apple! ;)

granny apple/ granny smith was my nickname at primary school.
:|
I still meet people who call me it today.
I really think thats a horrible name for a baby :der:

DSC00128.JPG

I used to have this doll and she got worms in her hat and we had to put her in the washing machine.

I was just thinking the other night how my youngest son is the "apple of my eye" and wondering where that saying comes from. That little girl will be hearing all those kind of things in her next few years...she'll probably get called Appy too.
I am used to hearing some very unusual names for babies, but I think this one takes the cake....or apple turnover?
oh stop it cass!
It was their choice and there must be a reason they feel so strongly about it...I think I'd start calling her Mac before too long.
Main thing is ,she's arrived safely in the world. I wish nothing but love for the new family.

and after seeing "Troy" on Friday night :faint: I offer my condolences to the new mother....I don't think I'd believe her if she said she never thinks about Brad anymore :combust:

that is a big ass baby. Well congrats to the happy parents. And welcome to the world, Apple Martin.

I have never in my entire life heard of a child named Apple. Poor girl, if she was not a child of celeb I am certain she would be the butt end of jokes with the school kids.

See the stars,
See how they shine for you, little one...

The baby will probably be called Appie or something like that.
She must be absolutely gorgeous, and I wish the Martin family all the luck and love in the world!

Welcome to the world, baby Apple!

Back
Top Bottom