MERGED ----> Charlie Watts has Throat Cancer + Rolling Stones drummer has cancer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Charlie Watts has Throat Cancer

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The Rolling Stones' 63-year-old drummer Charlie Watts is suffering from throat cancer but should recover after radiotherapy, a band spokesman said Saturday.

Watts was diagnosed in June after a minor operation and is now reaching the end of his treatment at a London hospital, the spokesman said in a statement to British media.

"He's expected to make a full recovery and start work with the rest of the band later in the year," he added.

Watts, who has a reputation as the quietest member of the legendary British band, gave up smoking decades ago.

"He's very positive because he's been told he has every chance of being completely cured," a family friend was quoted as saying in The Mail Sunday newspaper.

"The last thing he wants is everyone calling and making a fuss, thinking he's going to die."

The spokesman said Watt's treatment had not interfered with any of the Stones' tour or recording plans.

The rest of the group were "relaxing between work commitments," he said

Best of luck to Charlie Watts. I'm confident he'll pull through and be back behind the kit on the Stones' next tour. :)

:shocked:

Oh man, THIS SUCKS!!! Charlie is one of the greatest drummers ever! He's the man! I'm glad to know that he is expected to make a full recovery though! I hope it ends fast. I'm also glad to know too that he will be joining the rest of the Stones in the studio!!! :hyper: I didn't kow that. I guess this means that there is a new Rolling Stones record coming!!! YES!!!!! :up:

Good luck Charlie!!! Kick that cancer's ass!!! :up: :hug:

God love Charlie. I heard this last night and was totally shocked.

Here's to a speedy recovery and many more years.

Charlie%20Watts.jpg

Rolling Stones Drummer has cancer...

Hi some breaking nes for those who dont no, but Charlie Watts from the rolling stones has been diagnoesed with throat cancer!!

He aint even been smoking for 30 years! He is said to be in good mend though!!

I hope hes alright, get well soon charlie!!! I will be thinking of you!! I hope the cancer is treated before it spreads!!

Back
Top Bottom