MERGED-->BRMC Howl tour - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 11:03 AM
that's cool, sorry to clutter things up.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

Oh god - you should have! I've met them and they are so nice! Peter and Robert are very in person too.
I know. It was free, included backstage passes, and I just couldn't. It meant driving to Denver twice in 2 weeks (6 hours from here) since I'm going tomorrow for Sigur Ros, and I ended up being sick that weekend anyway. My friend said the show was a little rocky being the first of the tour but that I would have enjoyed hanging out on the tour bus (duh!). He said they're coming back this way in the spring so I'm definitely going to go then. It's funny, I had never even listened to them although I knew who they were, and then my friend said his cousin was in this great band "that you've probably never heard of called BRMC" and I was like

Which band member has a famous father and changed his name because of that? I think that's my friend's cousin.

Old 02-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Re: BRMC Live in Germany 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by dudeman
This is for HelloAngel.

by now y'all should know what to add to the links to make 'em work. Help by re-uploading if they expire and there's still interest.

oh yeah - enJOY!

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Melkweg Germany 2005 (don’t have the exact date)
Awesome! Can't wait to download for my friend-with-the-cousin-in-the-band. He has dial up and wouldn't be able to get this.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Re: Re: BRMC Live in Germany 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Awesome! Can't wait to download for my friend-with-the-cousin-in-the-band. He has dial up and wouldn't be able to get this.
It's probably Robert Turner who just changed his name back/to Robert Levon Been.

Oh god. I would die to hang out on their tour bus. They're the neatest guys and amazing musicians. I really honestly admire them so so so much. And Peter.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: BRMC Live in Germany 2005

Quote:

It's probably Robert Turner who just changed his name back/to Robert Levon Been.

Oh god. I would die to hang out on their tour bus. They're the neatest guys and amazing musicians. I really honestly admire them so so so much. And Peter.
So I guess this was a really bad call on my part, huh? I tend not to take advantage of "meeting the band" when I have the opportunity because I am uncomfortable with the whole backstage celeb scene but these guys do seem nice (my friend is so sweet and shy). I had a friend who was touring with Bob Dylan's opening band years ago and he left me a ticket and backstage pass at Will Call and I refused to go backstage because I was scared of Dylan.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #21
War Child

Wanted to show this off even though y'all won't be able to see most of it....
At the Austin concert at the Parish in Octoer I was in the very front and when Robert Levon Been did a guitar solo he went out to the front of the stage and put his foot on the amp where I was resting my hand. He was stepping on my hand while I was filming with my right hand. Very very cool

Old 02-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: Re: Re: BRMC Live in Germany 2005

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

So I guess this was a really bad call on my part, huh? I tend not to take advantage of "meeting the band" when I have the opportunity because I am uncomfortable with the whole backstage celeb scene but these guys do seem nice (my friend is so sweet and shy). I had a friend who was touring with Bob Dylan's opening band years ago and he left me a ticket and backstage pass at Will Call and I refused to go backstage because I was scared of Dylan.
I don't blame you for being uncomfortable. BRMC are still very "indie" or whatever enough to not have that sort of Velvet Revolver-ish celeb scene vibe back there. They're just normal dudes who are "for real" and extremely talented. Backstage can be very very weird - but afterparties... now those are always cool
Old 02-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

OK.. I'm going to post this in the hopes no one picks on me in the picture... but just to share one of the coolest moments in my life...

Me with Peter and Robert
Old 02-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
OK.. I'm going to post this in the hopes no one picks on me in the picture... but just to share one of the coolest moments in my life...

Me with Peter and Robert
HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Ha! Yeah right! The guys are anyway!!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Great pic!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #27
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Is that a recent pic HelloAngel? My first reaction when Peter took the stage was "who's this guy?" I was expecting to see Peter sporting the rats nest hairdo you usually see him in, not this slick, combed back look.

You look mighy fine there yourself, HelloAngel. I can see why you would have no problem getting backstage access to rock stars, apparently without a backstage pass or press credentials.

Or maybe you just covered it up with your hair or put it behind your back so it wouldn't get in the picture.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by OnFire
Is that a recent pic HelloAngel? My first reaction when Peter took the stage was "who's this guy?" I was expecting to see Peter sporting the rats nest hairdo you usually see him in, not this slick, combed back look.

You look mighy fine there yourself, HelloAngel. I can see why you would have no problem getting backstage access to rock stars, apparently without a backstage pass or press credentials.

Or maybe you just covered it up with your hair or put it behind your back so it wouldn't get in the picture.
During the latest (Howl) phase for BRMC, Peter has alternately slicked his hair back. This is a picture from 9/2005 at an in-store they did here in NYC. They had been doing a signing, but I managed it strike up a convo with Peter and Robert. They were very sweet, and so I went in for the kill and asked to take a picture. He seems to slick his hair back every other tour date, but don't quote me on that.

As for me professionally, I do have press credentials because of my work with Interference. But as for backstage adventures, that was based on former employment situations. I'm no groupie, believe me I've just gotten lucky chances to meet people, that's all.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 AM   #29
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:03 PM
Quote:

As for me professionally, I do have press credentials because of my work with Interference. But as for backstage adventures, that was based on former employment situations. I'm no groupie, believe me I've just gotten lucky chances to meet people, that's all.
I know you're not a groupie, in case it wasn't obvious I did make that comment in jest.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #30
Refugee

joyfulgirl pointed out that the link to 'gospel song' from the show posted was wrong...
here's a fresh link to the tune, sorry for the mixup.
http://s51.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=2B07L67G4EFR41TK1DN09I9SWX

Tags
brmc, howl