MERGED --> Britney Spears is pregnant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
I was really amused at how every single person who has posted here was making fun of her. She's got one supporter now. Ms. Fiona Morissette setting her tongue on fire. :wink:

actually, i felt i was in good company.

if you were paying attention, you'd have seen that there are two of us.

miss velvet also wished them well.

Wow look at her being raked through the coals here in this thread.

She is married, has a career, but she's immature and slutty?

I am confused.

I think her career is done with anyway.

Maybe she'll have much more happiness in her life now that she has a family? Besides being rich and stuff.

Don't know the woman from Adam (or Eve) so can't assess her maturity. I feel sorry for any child born into a showbiz lifestyle.

david said:
Wow look at her being raked through the coals here in this thread.

She is married, has a career, but she's immature and slutty?

I am confused.

Britney is a joke. The way she's (or her handlers) have conducted her "career"...the issue made of her virginity. The fact that she can't sing without backing tracks, and needs to make out with Madonna to get media attention. Gimme a break. She represents everything that's wrong with music.

And the fact that U2 is making such a splash this year? A turning of the tides back to real music, methinks. Pre-packaged, manufactured pop is on its way out, thank God.

VintagePunk said:

Britney is a joke. The way she's (or her handlers) have conducted her "career"...the issue made of her virginity. The fact that she can't sing without backing tracks, and needs to make out with Madonna to get media attention. Gimme a break. She represents everything that's wrong with music.

And the fact that U2 is making such a splash this year? A turning of the tides back to real music, methinks. Pre-packaged, manufactured pop is on its way out, thank God.

pre-packaged, manufactured pop has been on the way out for about 3 years now. but it wont ever go anywhere.

she conducted her career virtually the same way madonna conducted hers. nothing she does or did rather has suprised me. her career was based on looks and sexuality with songs with catchy beats. but that's really not anything new with that genre of mainstream music.

david said:

pre-packaged, manufactured pop has been on the way out for about 3 years now. but it wont ever go anywhere.

she conducted her career virtually the same way madonna conducted hers. nothing she does or did rather has suprised me. her career was based on looks and sexuality with songs with catchy beats. but that's really not anything new with that genre of mainstream music.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Three years? Maybe we're on different calenders. And Madonna? Okay, she's cheesy, but at least she was first. Something can be said for novelty. Britney just attempted to do the same old tired thing, IMO. And failed, except for her contingent of 12 year old fans.

And despite her many failings, at least Madonna has a voice.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Three years? Maybe we're on different calenders. And Madonna? Okay, she's cheesy, but at least she was first. Something can be said for novelty. Britney just attempted to do the same old tired thing, IMO. And failed, except for her contingent of 12 year old fans.

And despite her many failings, at least Madonna has a voice.

Yeah, 3 years seems (to me) the time it's been since manufactured pop music started it's downhill slope. I am thinking back to when The Strokes, The Vines and The White Stripes came onto the scene (in a big way). 2001 and 2002 is when the NSync's and Backstreet Boys kind of started going away.

Not that its relevant but Madonna was not the first. She was the latest in a long line of "blonde bombshells"

Also Britney Spears is a better singer than Madonna. Both Britney and Christina have good voices. Their songs are crap but they can sing.

Not that this is relevant. I don't see why people think its amusing that someones pregnant. I wish Britney all the best with her pregnancy, her baby, her family life, and her career.

peace.

beli said:
Not that its relevant but Madonna was not the first. She was the latest in a long line of "blonde bombshells"

Also Britney Spears is a better singer than Madonna. Both Britney and Christina have good voices. Their songs are crap but they can sing.

Not that this is relevant. I don't see why people think its amusing that someones pregnant. I wish Britney all the best with her pregnancy, her baby, her family life, and her career.

peace.

Okay, I agree with the Christina thing - better singer, but most of the songs are crap. Definitely can't agree about Britney, though. :shudder:

david said:

Yeah, 3 years seems (to me) the time it's been since manufactured pop music started it's downhill slope. I am thinking back to when The Strokes, The Vines and The White Stripes came onto the scene (in a big way). 2001 and 2002 is when the NSync's and Backstreet Boys kind of started going away.

Yup, that might have been the onslaught of better music, but I definitely don't think manufactured pop had gone away by then (Justified, anyone? Gag).

Have you heard that mousekeeter thing? When shes about 10 years old? Britney can sing, shes just not receiving good musical advise. Well, she is if she wants to make a buck selling crap.

I am sure Brittney is talented, it's just hard to tell sometimes since her voice usually had that stupid effect put on it in some songs. It was like her thing or something.

david said:
I am sure Brittney is talented, it's just hard to tell sometimes since her voice usually had that stupid effect put on it in some songs. It was like her thing or something.

Again, IMHO, it's the "thing" of the producers/mixers who manufactured her. To which, the sales of HTDAAB are a backlash against this sort of pop crap.

It's crazy to see how many people feel so strongly about this.
Blahblahblahblah.

And to those of you that she think she's a whore, you know what?
If I had a body like that, I'd wear as little as I could get away with too.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
~LadyLemon~ said:
It's crazy to see how many people feel so strongly about this.
Blahblahblahblah.

And to those of you that she think she's a whore, you know what?
If I had a body like that, I'd wear as little as I could get away with too.

:sexywink:

You'd wear as little as you could, and rightly so. So would I. But would you pass yourself off as a pop talent when you clearly had none? :|

I :heart: beegee

VintagePunk said:

You'd wear as little as you could, and rightly so. So would I. But would you pass yourself off as a pop talent when you clearly had none? :|

Shit, I'd do anything to be able to live a 'rock and roll' lifestyle. Those people have it made. Here I am, trying to figure out if I should try to get back into grad school again or get a job that I'll hate just to be able to move out of my house and pay the bills. If I could get millions of dollars to look hot, sing and shake my ass, I would. It sure beats the hell out of being the average joe working class stiff.

Re: I :heart: beegee

~LadyLemon~ said:

Shit, I'd do anything to be able to live a 'rock and roll' lifestyle. Those people have it made. Here I am, trying to figure out if I should try to get back into grad school again or get a job that I'll hate just to be able to move out of my house and pay the bills. If I could get millions of dollars to look hot, sing and shake my ass, I would. It sure beats the hell out of being the average joe working class stiff.

If you have the right look, the right producer and mixer, anyone can do it. It doesn't take talent.

beli said:
Britney can sing. I agree her songs are crap but she is actually talented.

Britney is also a financially self made woman at a young age. :up:

I guess the singing thing's a matter of opinion. She's nothing you couldn't find in American Idol, which is by no means an endorsement. *my opinion*

Rono said:
Is he pregnant ?

It's not a matter of pregnant or not pregnant. Morleigh danced in a U2 video pregnant, it was done tastefully. and she looked totally hot. Britney? I doubt she or her handlers would have to good sense to know what tasteful was. I'm sure it'd look tacky and exploitative.

"yeah, I'll be married in Vegas for like 22 hours cause my career's fading out and I need the attention."

Rolling eyes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom