MERGED-->Billy Joel Appreciation and Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not, but I admit I have a soft spot for 'We Didn't Start The Fire' of all songs because we did some kind of study on it in English class a few years ago.

I also like 'Piano Man' a lot; not too keen on much else though.

one4u2 said:
I just got tickets this morning for Billy Joel at MSG :happy:

OMG. You just saved me alot of grief. I've been so ill lately that this completely slipped my mind. Tickets bought now! Thank you!!!! :bow:

I <3 Billy Joel.

Allentown
Scenes From an Italian Restaraunt
This Night
Tell Her About It
Big Shot
Zanzibar
Only the Good Die Young
Captain Jack
Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
New York State of Mind
The Entertainer
Piano Man
The Longest Time
Keepin' the Faith
You May Be Right (my ringtone!)
We Didn't Start the Fire
The Ballad of Billy the Kid
Shameless
Honesty
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
Say Goodbye to Hollywood
Goodnight Saigon
A Matter of Trust

and on and on and on... :drool:

Billy Joel is one artist for whom I know what seems like a million songs! Never bought an album or even hits CD for that matter, for some reason. :shrug:

We Didn't Start The Fire
It's Still Rock n Roll To Me
Uptown Girl
:rockon:
Piano Man
She's Always A Woman To Me
Angry Young Man
Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
Honesty
Rosalinda's Eyes
:heart:

and more I can't think of right now.

I like some of his more popular hits, but I still chuckle when I remember one of my friends describing Billy Joel as the "iceberg lettuce" of rock and rol :lol:

Plus a point against him is he did release "We Didn't Start The Fire".

I used to like Billy Joel long long ago. I hear his tunes from time to time and I still have his records in my LP collection. I especially enjoyed the tour he did when he went to Russia. I think it was televised and it was very interesting and entertaining.

Piano Man is one of the best sing-a-longs ever, drunk or sober.

I've always loved Billy Joel. Many, many classics.

Glass Houses is probably my favorite album. Go listen to "All For Leyna", an unsung album cut!

Although Piano Man is a well known song, I feel like he is somewhat regional...a New York area favorite (I mean, he IS from the area). I grew up enjoying his music...and still enjoy his music.

I was discussing the "all your life is channel 13" lyric the other day...truly a "regional" lyric. I mean...I KNOW what Channel 13 is...but if you live in pocatello, Idaho...do you get that lyric?

Allentown is actually about Bethlehem. ;)

Wish he were coming somewhere neat Atlanta on his upcoming tour...:sad:

zoney! said:
Although Piano Man is a well known song, I feel like he is somewhat regional...a New York area favorite (I mean, he IS from the area). I grew up enjoying his music...and still enjoy his music.

I was discussing the "all your life is channel 13" lyric the other day...truly a "regional" lyric. I mean...I KNOW what Channel 13 is...but if you live in pocatello, Idaho...do you get that lyric?

I grew up in Florida, and Billy was huge there.. so dunno if his appeal is mainly regional. Many of the great songwriters like Dylan, Cohen, Springsteen, etc. use region-specific imagery and allude to specific things, but wind up tackling universal messages despite "Channel 13" references or when Leonard Cohen talks about "music on Clinton Street all through the evening."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom