MERGED-->Billy Joel Appreciation and Tour Discussion - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
he's got 9 shows at MSG as of now... but you can still find single tickets to the shows. they'll all sell out by show time, but it does look like he's a lock to outdraw U2's Vertigo tour stand.

i wonder if he plans on shooting for springsteen's 10 show stand
from Newsday

Quote:
January 18, 2006


Billy Joel has added a record-breaking 11th show at Madison Square Garden - on April 19 - to his current tour and may extend the run even further, as the dates, which start Monday, now stretch into April.

"It may look a little haphazard, but we're working around a lot of different dates," Joel told Newsday recently. "We'll do it as long as there's so much demand. It works for me. I'll be home and just commuting to work."

Joel's tour, supporting his box set "My Lives" (Columbia), bests Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's record of 10 sold-out nights in 2000.

Joel said he isn't sure whether he will launch another leg of the tour later this year that would include dates at Nassau Coliseum or Continental Airlines Arena.

Tickets for the April 19 show go on sale at 9 a.m. Saturday through Ticketmaster for $54 and $89.50. Call 631-888-9000.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 10:55 PM
wow
__________________

__________________
sami0201 is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
apparently i was at the same party as his daughter in the city once... so i was told, i didn't actually meet her, i think... i have no idea what she looks like

this was a fairly useless story, wasn't it?

stories are better when they have a point...lololol
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:55 PM
wow another show on sale this week

He always puts on a great show I can't wait!
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:55 PM
word on the street is that two more MSG shows will be added, bringing the total up to 13.

dates at continental airlines and nassau coliseum are being looked at, but not for a few months after the garden run is over.

still don't have a ticket to any of the shows... but i certainly will get one eventually.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
word on the street is that two more MSG shows will be added, bringing the total up to 13.

dates at continental airlines and nassau coliseum are being looked at, but not for a few months after the garden run is over.

still don't have a ticket to any of the shows... but i certainly will get one eventually.
13


I was wondering when he would add the Coliseum!
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 AM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:55 PM
well it's not a gaurantee that he's gonna add coliseum shows... but they're lookin' at it, according to newsday.

there's seats in the infamous sections 9 through 11 available for tonight's show on ticketmaster.com right now... it's like u2 all over again, only this time those sections are actually on the seating chart.

this is good news for me... can't go tonight... can't really go at all until after basketball season is over in mid feb... but after that, at least i know i can hop online the morning of a show and pick up a good seat.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
well it's not a gaurantee that he's gonna add coliseum shows... but they're lookin' at it, according to newsday.

there's seats in the infamous sections 9 through 11 available for tonight's show on ticketmaster.com right now... it's like u2 all over again, only this time those sections are actually on the seating chart.

this is good news for me... can't go tonight... can't really go at all until after basketball season is over in mid feb... but after that, at least i know i can hop online the morning of a show and pick up a good seat.

My parents are going tonight, I'm going Feb 11th I'll give a full report!
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 01-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #84
War Child
 
U2girl91289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The city of blinding lights
Posts: 822
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Going tonight!!!
__________________
U2girl91289 is offline  
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


from Newsday

One needs to remember though that Springsteen played 15 soldout out Continental Airlines Arena shows back in 1999 which draws from the same market as Madison Square Garden does for events and shows.

Springsteen also did 10 Giants Stadium shows and 3 Shea Stadium shows in 2003.

As for U2, they could have added more Vertigo arena shows in the New York City area, but with all the demand to play other cities, they only did 10 New York City area shows. U2 schedual was jam packed from March 28 to December 19 with 110 shows in North America and Europe.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 01-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,420
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2


One needs to remember though that Springsteen played 15 soldout out Continental Airlines Arena shows back in 1999 which draws from the same market as Madison Square Garden does for events and shows.

Springsteen also did 10 Giants Stadium shows and 3 Shea Stadium shows in 2003.

As for U2, they could have added more Vertigo arena shows in the New York City area, but with all the demand to play other cities, they only did 10 New York City area shows. U2 schedual was jam packed from March 28 to December 19 with 110 shows in North America and Europe.
what is your point? that u2 could have done more shows? yea... they could have. and billy joel could do more than 11 (or 13) shows if he wanted to... and springsteen probably could have done more than 15 shows.

is it more impressive that u2 can do it without having the direct regional connection? i guess... but a record is still a record, and the MSG record now belongs to billy joel.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,540
Local Time: 09:55 PM
It's Official 12 it is!

Billy Joel at MSG!
102.3 WBAB is proud to announce that Billy Joel has added a 12th show to his run at Madison Square Garden. (yes 12!)

Monday April 24th at Madison Square Garden! Tickets go on sale Saturday February 4th at 9am through ticketmaster.

WBAB will be giving away tickets before you can buy them all this weekend. Plus, only the BAB At-Work Network will qualify for front row seats (that means you)!

This is the absolute final 2006 New York show for Billy and BAB is the only Long Island station with tickets for you!
__________________
one4u2 is offline  
Old 01-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


what is your point? that u2 could have done more shows? yea... they could have. and billy joel could do more than 11 (or 13) shows if he wanted to... and springsteen probably could have done more than 15 shows.

is it more impressive that u2 can do it without having the direct regional connection? i guess... but a record is still a record, and the MSG record now belongs to billy joel.
The demands that U2 have to play worldwide as well as continuing to write and record are something that Billy Joel does not deal with anymore. U2 had to quit playing several markets in the United States last year long before they were able to fully satisfy demand. Billy Joel on the other hand has more time to do what he is doing in New York City, and several of the shows have not soldout. Considering the rate of sales so far, I don't think he would be able to add to many more shows and still sellout. I have found 8 tickets in a row available in several sections for 5 of the shows.

Billy Joel may have the MSG record now for number of shows, but thats not the same as saying that he is the top concert draw in the New York City area. Bruce Springsteen still holds on to that, and I don't think Billy Joel could outdraw U2 in the area, although it would be close, if U2 attempted to fully satisfy demand for tickets.
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #89
War Child
 
U2girl91289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The city of blinding lights
Posts: 822
Local Time: 10:55 PM
If he's doing 12 shows at the Garden, then the 11-show shirt I got last night is out of date. ( and therefore valuable hahahahahaha!)
__________________
U2girl91289 is offline  
Old 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #90
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 120
Local Time: 09:55 PM
I have never seen Billy Joel. He is only playing 1 LA show which is too bad. I understand he has been mixing up his setlist a bit each night. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of single seats for the 4/5 show @ Staples. The seats are right behind each other. Looking forward to the show.

Then 2 nights later we are flying to Hawaii to see some Irish band - I forget their name?
__________________

__________________
southpaw_gil is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com