MERGED-->Billy Joel Appreciation and Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody think anything other than 'The Stranger' is his best album?

Movin' Out
The Stranger
Just The Way You Are
Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
Vienna
Only The Good Die Young
She's Always A Woman

all on the same record!

Of course, his next-to-last record, Stormfront, is also one I would consider maybe his second best, overall...

We Didn't Start The Fire
The Downeaster "Alexa"
I Go To Extremes
Shameless
Leningrad
And So It Goes

all on the same record :drool:

sami0201 said:
thought I should bring this back up :wink:

saw him on Saturday, he was great :drool: Played a ton of oldies/stuff that he never played before

here's the setlist:

Piano Man
Everybody Loves You Now
Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
Laura
Allentown
New York State of Mind
Stiletto
Zanzibar
The Great Wall of China
All For Leyna
Sometimes a Fantasy
Sleeping With the Television On
She's Right on Time
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
The Night Is Still Young
Big Man on Mulberry Street
Where's the Orchestra?
Keeping the Faith
I Go to Extremes
We Didn't Start the Fire
Big Shot
You May Be Right

River of Dreams
Only the Good Die Young
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
Famous Last Words

DSC02402.jpg

Where did you see him??? This was the setlist? :hyper: :faint:

I'm seeing him in February! Zanzibar, All for Leyna:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't think billy's changed his stage in 20 years. it still looks like the one i've seen him use every time... where the center goes down underneath the stage so that they can change piano's and shit.

:yes:

one4u2 said:

Where did you see him??? This was the setlist? :hyper: :faint:

I'm seeing him in February! Zanzibar, All for Leyna:drool:

Opening night in FL. He's back at the same place this Sunday but I can't find tickets!

billy lives about 5 miles from where i work... we're always on the look out... not because we want to meet him, we're just afraid he's gonna crash his car into us

:lol:
My parents ran into him in the Hamptons a few times- supposedly he's a nice guy.

i don't think billy's changed his stage in 20 years. it still looks like the one i've seen him use every time... where the center goes down underneath the stage so that they can change piano's and shit.

alexa4of.jpg

She shouldn't have any problem getting a boyfriend if she doesn't have one already...she's got Christy Brinkley's looks and Billy Joel's money.

namkcuR said:

She shouldn't have any problem getting a boyfriend if she doesn't have one already...she's got Christy Brinkley's looks and Billy Joel's money.

You think so? I don't think she's ugly, but I think she looks just like Billy!

he's got 9 shows at MSG as of now... but you can still find single tickets to the shows. they'll all sell out by show time, but it does look like he's a lock to outdraw U2's Vertigo tour stand.

i wonder if he plans on shooting for springsteen's 10 show stand :hmm:

from Newsday

January 18, 2006

Billy Joel has added a record-breaking 11th show at Madison Square Garden - on April 19 - to his current tour and may extend the run even further, as the dates, which start Monday, now stretch into April.

"It may look a little haphazard, but we're working around a lot of different dates," Joel told Newsday recently. "We'll do it as long as there's so much demand. It works for me. I'll be home and just commuting to work."

Joel's tour, supporting his box set "My Lives" (Columbia), bests Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's record of 10 sold-out nights in 2000.

Joel said he isn't sure whether he will launch another leg of the tour later this year that would include dates at Nassau Coliseum or Continental Airlines Arena.

Tickets for the April 19 show go on sale at 9 a.m. Saturday through Ticketmaster for $54 and $89.50. Call 631-888-9000.

apparently i was at the same party as his daughter in the city once... so i was told, i didn't actually meet her, i think... i have no idea what she looks like :shrug:

this was a fairly useless story, wasn't it?

stories are better when they have a point...lololol

word on the street is that two more MSG shows will be added, bringing the total up to 13.

dates at continental airlines and nassau coliseum :drool: are being looked at, but not for a few months after the garden run is over.

still don't have a ticket to any of the shows... but i certainly will get one eventually.

word on the street is that two more MSG shows will be added, bringing the total up to 13.

dates at continental airlines and nassau coliseum :drool: are being looked at, but not for a few months after the garden run is over.

still don't have a ticket to any of the shows... but i certainly will get one eventually.

13 :crazy:

I was wondering when he would add the Coliseum! :cool:

well it's not a gaurantee that he's gonna add coliseum shows... but they're lookin' at it, according to newsday.

there's seats in the infamous sections 9 through 11 available for tonight's show on ticketmaster.com right now... it's like u2 all over again, only this time those sections are actually on the seating chart.

this is good news for me... can't go tonight... can't really go at all until after basketball season is over in mid feb... but after that, at least i know i can hop online the morning of a show and pick up a good seat. :up:

well it's not a gaurantee that he's gonna add coliseum shows... but they're lookin' at it, according to newsday.

there's seats in the infamous sections 9 through 11 available for tonight's show on ticketmaster.com right now... it's like u2 all over again, only this time those sections are actually on the seating chart.

this is good news for me... can't go tonight... can't really go at all until after basketball season is over in mid feb... but after that, at least i know i can hop online the morning of a show and pick up a good seat. :up:

My parents are going tonight, I'm going Feb 11th I'll give a full report! :D

from Newsday

One needs to remember though that Springsteen played 15 soldout out Continental Airlines Arena shows back in 1999 which draws from the same market as Madison Square Garden does for events and shows.

Springsteen also did 10 Giants Stadium shows and 3 Shea Stadium shows in 2003.

As for U2, they could have added more Vertigo arena shows in the New York City area, but with all the demand to play other cities, they only did 10 New York City area shows. U2 schedual was jam packed from March 28 to December 19 with 110 shows in North America and Europe.

STING2 said:

One needs to remember though that Springsteen played 15 soldout out Continental Airlines Arena shows back in 1999 which draws from the same market as Madison Square Garden does for events and shows.

Springsteen also did 10 Giants Stadium shows and 3 Shea Stadium shows in 2003.

As for U2, they could have added more Vertigo arena shows in the New York City area, but with all the demand to play other cities, they only did 10 New York City area shows. U2 schedual was jam packed from March 28 to December 19 with 110 shows in North America and Europe.

what is your point? that u2 could have done more shows? yea... they could have. and billy joel could do more than 11 (or 13) shows if he wanted to... and springsteen probably could have done more than 15 shows.

is it more impressive that u2 can do it without having the direct regional connection? i guess... but a record is still a record, and the MSG record now belongs to billy joel.

It's Official 12 it is!

Billy Joel at MSG!
102.3 WBAB is proud to announce that Billy Joel has added a 12th show to his run at Madison Square Garden. (yes 12!)

Monday April 24th at Madison Square Garden! Tickets go on sale Saturday February 4th at 9am through ticketmaster.

WBAB will be giving away tickets before you can buy them all this weekend. Plus, only the BAB At-Work Network will qualify for front row seats (that means you)!

This is the absolute final 2006 New York show for Billy and BAB is the only Long Island station with tickets for you!

what is your point? that u2 could have done more shows? yea... they could have. and billy joel could do more than 11 (or 13) shows if he wanted to... and springsteen probably could have done more than 15 shows.

is it more impressive that u2 can do it without having the direct regional connection? i guess... but a record is still a record, and the MSG record now belongs to billy joel.

The demands that U2 have to play worldwide as well as continuing to write and record are something that Billy Joel does not deal with anymore. U2 had to quit playing several markets in the United States last year long before they were able to fully satisfy demand. Billy Joel on the other hand has more time to do what he is doing in New York City, and several of the shows have not soldout. Considering the rate of sales so far, I don't think he would be able to add to many more shows and still sellout. I have found 8 tickets in a row available in several sections for 5 of the shows.

Billy Joel may have the MSG record now for number of shows, but thats not the same as saying that he is the top concert draw in the New York City area. Bruce Springsteen still holds on to that, and I don't think Billy Joel could outdraw U2 in the area, although it would be close, if U2 attempted to fully satisfy demand for tickets.

I have never seen Billy Joel. He is only playing 1 LA show which is too bad. I understand he has been mixing up his setlist a bit each night. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of single seats for the 4/5 show @ Staples. The seats are right behind each other. Looking forward to the show.

Then 2 nights later we are flying to Hawaii to see some Irish band - I forget their name?

Back
Top Bottom