MERGED ---> Best Rock 'n Roll Yell! + Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to add....

Shane MacGown (The Pogues) in:

1. If I Should Fall from Grace with God - (his Irish "rebel yell")
2. Bottle of Smoke (the "I love you bastard!" scream - or whatever it is he's slurring there).

Both are great

Knuckle said:
Bottle of Smoke (the "I love you bastard!" scream - or whatever it is he's slurring there).
"C'mon you bastard!" urging on the horse he's bet on--I think.
corianderstem said:
My personal favorite is Courtney Love screaming "FUCK YOU!" in the middle of "I Think That I Would Die", off Live Through This.
This was one of my choices as well :D ...not a very good song, but that gravelly, snarly, bellowing roar is pretty much how everyone dreams of sounding saying it but hardly anyone does.

It's not really a 'yell' and again not that good of a song, but the coda to Sinead O'Connor's "Never Get Old" where she slides seamlessly from drawing out and bending a note into a crescendo of eerie symphonic wails is a formidable display of her pipes if nothing else.

yolland said:
This was one of my choices as well :D ...not a very good song, but that gravelly, snarly, bellowing roar is pretty much how everyone dreams of sounding saying it but hardly anyone does.

Yeah, it's pretty much the only thing in the song I like. It's not my least favorite song on "Live Through This," but if it didn't have that scream, I'd probably never listen to it.

Careful With That Axe, Eugene! :rogerscream:

I'll have to agree with Won't Get Fooled Again.

Can we just crown Daltrey the Rock Scream King? Please?

Motley Crue - Looks That Kill :rockon:

There's more metal to post, I know (AC/DC, Judas Priest,...). But if I only had one vote, is goes to Daltry, hands down :bow:

Got Philk? said:

How about another great one. Billy Idol? :drool:

I thought of that straight away... musta been cos I saw 'yell' in the topic.

How about "I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!" at the end of Helter Skelter?

Or Bono's "YEEEEEEEEAHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOHHHHH" at the beginning of NYD?

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'm sorry but this should be disqualified due to CSI Miami Association... :down:

DAMN YOU, DAVID CARUSO!!! :mad:

He's so hilarious.

CSI chick [after guy was impaled on an ice sculpture]: He was shot then impaled? That's cold

Caruso [puts on glasses]: No, it's as cold... AS ICE!

*Daltrey scream*

SeattleVertigo said:
Peter Gabriel, the Secret World Live EP, Mercy Street (I believe this song was recorded during the So tour).

He lets out a series of blood curling primal screams at the end of the song. Chilling, cathartic.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan really belts it during Peter Gabriel's Signal To Noise.

Ok I finally went and watched it...

That was insane He's so amazing.

And Yes, Signal to Noise is pretty intense

It's not the greatest yell ever but I like Brandon Flowers in Glamerous Indie Rock & Roll

bono_212 said:

Ok I finally went and watched it...

That was insane He's so amazing.

And Yes, Signal to Noise is pretty intense

I hear rumors that Peter Gabriel's POV video is coming out on DVD -- I must get it. I saw the video several years ago. It was great.

I remember the lighting in No Self Control being very, very cool.

SeattleVertigo said:

I hear rumors that Peter Gabriel's POV video is coming out on DVD -- I must get it. I saw the video several years ago. It was great.

I remember the lighting in No Self Control being very, very cool.

They've got a lot of video of it up on Youtube when I checked once. I, myself got the video off amazon for like $5. I just hope it'll be on DVD soon so I can finally show it to others on this site and someone can tell me if Bono's in it dancing around in a bathrobe...I swear it's him :uhoh:

A DENIAL!!!
A DENIAL!!!
A DENIAAALLL!!!

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

What are some of the best yells in rock music? I can think of a few right now...

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
New Year's Day - U2
Guns n Roses - You Could Be Mine

But I'm sure there are several more by bands like Zeppelin...

It might be cool to make a sound collage of the final list :lol: :drool:

WHAT?!?!?!

UffpmC0v.jpg

Back
Top Bottom