MERGED-->Best of 2003 (so far) and why.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CrashedCarDriver said:

this album has only got 4 really good songs, covering up a few filler songs

2+2 = 5
there there
sail us to the moon
a wolf from the door - arguably one of their best closing tracks

otherwise a lot of the other songs on the album do nothing

namely the incredibly awful - We Suck Young Blood, sounds like a demented warped version of a coldplay singalong song to the crowd

and Where i end up and where you begin sounds too much like a U2 song

and your a filler member at interference.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:

and your a filler member at interference.

most people i talk to in regards to the best albums this year dont think the album's so unbelievably good its going to be remembered 10 years time or anything

hey dont be haterizing me, you've been drinking hatorade!

i don't conform my opinions to "most people." i like we suck young blood. "filler songs" is so relative. all my favorite u2 songs would be considered "filler songs" by many people's accounts.

radiohead-httt
daniel lanois-shine
pete yorn-dif

and i'm planning on getting that grandaddy album and it may well be added to the list...:shrug:

*edit* when jeff buckley's "the complete live at sin ?" comes out, that one will very likely top my charts...can't wait!

Last edited:
CrashedCarDriver said:

most people i talk to in regards to the best albums this year dont think the album's so unbelievably good its going to be remembered 10 years time or anything

hey dont be haterizing me, you've been drinking hatorade!

Listen Snoop...
Please don't compare Coldplay to "We Suck Young Blood." It makes you sound ignorant. Thx.

U2 ROCKS!!! EVEN IN 2003!!!

The best of 2003 for me is U2, I trust the little bastards, their first single of their upcoming album will probably be released end 2003. I KNOW it's gonna be greater than great!
Trust me... :bono

Hail to the Theif? :yawn:

If Radiohead really wants to challenge themselves and push the envelope they should try to write some decent songs like they used to. I'm sick of giving them my money. The new one is better than Amnesiac, but it's still pathetic compared to what they did with The Bends and OK Computer.

Good songs:
2+2=5
Sit Down, Stand Up
Go to Sleep
Where I End and You Begin <-- Love it
There There
Punchup at a Wedding

Wolf at the Door is ok, but the rest I just have no interest in. I can't listen to Scatterbrain, Myxomatosis or We Suck Young Blood.

Radiohead's mid-90s B-Sides were far, far better than this.

Radiohead could release an album of fart noises and people would talk about how brilliant it is. I put up with it for a while, but they have gone from one of my favorite bands to a band that I can only casually listen to. It pains me because they are a fantastic band that I used to love so much.

However, I predict that Radiohead's more recent work will be remembered much like the music of Yes - nobody really cares except for some dorky music junkies.

"And if the world does turn and if London burns,
I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar.
I want to be in a band when I get to heaven,
anyone can play guitar and they won't be a nothing any more."

You spelled Thief wrong.... maybe that's why you didnt like it: Wrong album.

Oh! You're right!

I love Hail to the Thief. That Hail to the Theif though... boy do I hate that album. :mad:

:laugh:

Sadly, my favorites are Guster and Fountains of Wayne. I feel like such a wuss.

Here's to hoping that BRMC rocks my world this fall!

To go along with your signature:
"I am a Michael Bolton fan."

Last edited:
sad...i've really started to listen to hail to the thief a lot lately and i'm really loving it. especially "i will"...guess people just have different opinions :shrug:

the new Super Furry animals is supposed to be very good

bye

Best of 2003 and why.

My vote goes to:

Dirty Sticky Floors - Dave Gahan.:up: :up: :up: :up:

I love this song, I can relate to it as the start of this year was a real downer for me. But this song makes me laugh at those times and come to terms with them. And you can't ask for more than that from music.

Last edited:
Jane's Addiction- Strays (12 years in the waiting, but worth it, truly one of the most enigmatic bands to ever grace the musical airwaves)

Junkie XL- Radio JXL (this guy did the Elvis remix last year, a little bit of confusion, or something like that it was called. He is a very talented DJ, the cd is an am and pm two disc set and features guest vocals from the likes of Robert Smith, Peter Tosh and Gary Numan to name just a few)

Powderfinger- Vulture Street (the guys from Brisbane have really come up with the goods with this album. When they rock, the do it so, so well)

Hon Mentions:::::

Michael Franti and Spearhead
Asian Dub Foundation:)

mmmm

agreement on the powderfinger- this album was so energetic compared to o#5, which seemed kinda forced and angry. (not like vstreet)

Starsailor -- Silence Is Easy
Ed Harcourt -- From Every Sphere
Mojave 3 -- Spoon and Rafter
Elbow -- Cast of Thousands
Super Furry Animals -- Phantom Power
Doves -- Lost Sides

Back
Top Bottom