MERGED-->Audioslave Rocks! + Gasoline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBH

Acrobat
Audioslave Rocks!

Just wanted to share some thoughts and provoke discussion on some new music that I've seen and listened too.....

I was at a radio=sponsored concert this week (K-Rock in NYC). There were about 12 bands at the show including Audioslave, Zwan (Billy Corgan's new band) and Coldplay.

Being someone who takes a lot to be impressed, I was blown away by Audioslave(Rage Against the Machine + Chris Cornell from Soundgarden). The new album is excellent (despite what Rolling Stone Mag says, IMA) and in concert they were incredible! There set was short (only about 30min.) but they were fantastic: sounded tight, great guitar work and Cornell's voice can tear paint off the ceiling!

Was curious to get some thoughts and opinions from anyone who cares to drop a line.....

Happy Holidays,
MBH

awesome...but unfortunately this thread was made in the wrong forum. we have a place called "just the bang and the clatter" thats where everything non u2 goes...

just a heads up for next time.

Dizzy,

I would recommend the entire album! My favorites are:

"Shadow on the Sun"
"Who you are"
"I am the Highway"
"Gasoline"
"Show me how to live"

-MBH

Last edited:
I like Audioslave too. I do have to admit that the album isnt quite as good as I had expected, but it still is good. Better than 90% of what you hear out there today.

Why did Zach leave the band? You would think that a man as socially conscious as he is would realize that he could bring more attention to issues being in the band.

another cd i never got around to getting...so it's really good? and i was afraid that it would be #1 over-hyped album of the year?

i think i was in a record shop the other day and they were playing it, atleast that's the only thing it sounded like it could have been, chris cornell's vocals and tom morello's guitar are very distinctive...

I love, love, love Rage Against the Macine. Thier first albums is one of the greatest hard rock albums EVER!

Very underated

I realy like Audioslave. Cornel brings a new type of "rock" dimension to thier sound.

Good stuff.

Audioslave = best idea I've heard of in a loooong time.

I've always liked Cornell's voice....reminds me of Robert Plant's... :drool:

Late on MTV last night tthey had a half-hour special of them playing outside on top of the Ed Sullivan theatre. They sounded great and about 4 songs were aired. One thing that I really really respect about them is that they are a band that can play any of their songs live, I hope they play the entire album when they tour. I hate them for being so good.

cornello and morello

:censored: yeah, they rock! It took me a few listens to get used to Chris' strained sound on some of the tunes, but it just is one of the best cd's I've heard in a while. Hope to see them. I'd still like to hear them with more socially-conscious lyrics, but I ain't complainin'.

I love the new CD, my boyfriend got me it for Christmas which was a nice surprise - since one thing we disagree on is Chris Cornell... I love him/and Soundgarden, and he cant stand the sound of his voice... :D

IF you were fans of either of these bands, I definetly recommend picking a copy up!

Anyone heard of these guys?

They were on Letterman a couple of nights ago-- Audioslave

a goofy name, but they were pretty impressive...kind of a distillation of Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, very tight punk/heavy metal. The lead singer is cute, kind of does a laidback Jim Morrison thing but belts it out with a growl.

anyone know how long they've been around? they did a great stunt on top of the studio marque

they might be a band to keep an eye on...

oops, ya gotta be on your toes around here!

thanks for the link, seems they are getting lots of accolades!

didn't know they were in those previous bands...

meegannie said:
I think they're over-hyped. :reject:

who's overhyping them? I'm not way into music news, but i hadn't heard anything about them before, and Letterman didn't give any build up or say anything about their origins :shrug:

I'm merge these suckas

Set it off now, chilluns.

OH btw, Debbie, in case ye didn't know--
The cute lead singer :shifty: :sexywink: is Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. The rest of the guys are from the defunct Rage Against the Machine. Basically the boys just needed a new frontman after Zack de la Rocha left

Last edited:
MonaVox said:

OH btw, Debbie, in case ye didn't know--
The cute lead singer :shifty: :sexywink: is Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. The rest of the guys are from the defunct Rage Against the Machine. Basically the boys just needed a new frontman after Zack de la Rocha left

thanks! gotcha :wink:

Back
Top Bottom