MERGED---> Audioslave + off topic---Audioslave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Audioslave

Anyone else run out this morning and buy this awesome album?

Chris Cornell screeching(I don't know what else to call it) like the sexy mofo that he is :silent:

Audioslave is the best idea for a band in a LOOOOOONG time.....set it off now chilluns....

no disk said:
audioslave?

that's an atrocious name for a group.

They wanted it so bad, they even paid off a band from the UK to claim the rights to the name...I agree, it's horrible...

As far as the music, it's nothing new...it's the same Rage stuff, only w/out the politically charged lyrics...I'm not that impressed by what I've heard so far (which was only two songs, though)...maybe another single will change my mind.

Civilian was a great name, Audioslave is a horrible one.

As for the music, it's fucking Chris Cornell and Rage Against the Machine. Everybody buy this album.

I wouldn't care if they were called Fruity Pebbles, they would still kick major ass. One of my 3 favorite albums this year.

And anyone who dismisses them as doing the same old RATM music with just a new singer needs to listen to 'I Am The Highway', 'Hypnotize' and 'Getaway Car'. Those are songs that sound nothing like what they had done with De La Rocha.

Last edited:
hmmm.....

"a-u-d-i-o-s-l-a-v-e"............

"r-a-d-i-o-h-e-a-d".........

:scratch: :shame:

JOFO said:
hmmm.....

"a-u-d-i-o-s-l-a-v-e"............

"r-a-d-i-o-h-e-a-d".........

:scratch: :shame:

Good point, when you think about it even some great bands had stupid and meaningless names. We just don't notice because we've heard them so many times.

The Beatles. Beetles are insects, but wouldn't it be SOOO clever to replace that with 'beat' since it has to do with music. Wow, that was clever. :up::up::up:

There are others, that's just one example among many.

off topic---Audioslave

:wave:
I may be posting this in the wrong forum...if so, I'm sorry. Anyway..has anyone heard the Audioslave cd? If so, what do you think? Me.....I especially dig the first 4-to-6 songs, and I think the 'rage' portion sounds great, but I'm thinkin' that Chris Cornell's voice sounds strained to the max. His voice is still stellar, but there are portions of this cd that I can't bear due to the strained voice.

I know, I know, this is a silly post, but it's on my mind. :p

yeah, this is off-topic all right! it belongs in just the bang and the clatter, a subforum of lemonade stand. :p

i'm not a mod here so i can't move it for you though. but anyway, i haven't heard the new audioslave cd though...

Feeling quite stupid right now for having posted my "audioslave" question in the wrong place.....anyway, as I posted there....I dig the first 4 to 6 songs....just amazing....but I'm thinkin' Chris C. needs to relax the vocal cords awhile....sounds waaay strained on some of the screams. (listen to soundgarden's last 2, then this). I'm sure that it's part of wear-n-tear and aging. Stellar songs, even without the political stuff. I particularly like "Gasoline".......great verse-melody.......amazing crescendo from Chris!

I saw an Audioslave video the other night, and I really liked the song...can't think of the name though......

The song is "Cochise"

...and it rocks.

...so does the rest of the album...

I wouldn't care if they were called Fruity Pebbles

So funny, me too, the only thing that bothers me is the similarity between

Audio-slave

and

Sound-garden

in any event, I think they are great, but unfortunately

I think this will be their only record (I dunno - I just feel it...)

hmmmm.....

well, I heard the whole CD and.....well, lots of good drum work....bass is ok, guitar it the same annoying sound and riffs that made me not like rage, but cornell sounds good and seems like he's writing halfway decent lyrics,

most of the riffs are zeppelin-ish without the cool harmonies that set zeppelin apart from all those before or since.

see, playing a minor pentatonic riff is ok, when you play it in 7/8, or throw some minor 9 chords in there.

whatever.
I'm old and jaded.:up:

Back
Top Bottom