MERGED--> Audioslave - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 06-12-2003, 03:08 AM   #46
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 12:03 PM
So I'm a little late joining the crowd, but I just bought the Audioslave cd today, and like you've all said, it rocks. I've been catching the Like A Stone vid a lot on VH1/MTV lately, and I always liked the song, especially Tom's playing and the solo. To be honest I never really got into Rage, but the few songs I heard I liked (w/ the exception of Zach's voice).

I haven't even listened to the album the whole way through (I'm on What You Are right now) and I'm really digging it. It's got a really meaty sound with a great groove. Good stuff!

I'm glad I decided to get this, my last impulse purchase (Queens of the Stone Age) was a bit of a disappointment.

My business! | My hobby!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Diemen, if you like the album, you'll really like them live if you get the chance.

Old 06-12-2003, 07:06 AM   #48
Local Time: 07:03 PM
well i bought the album about 7 months ago when i was on a holiday. i really think soundgarden was great, chris cornell solo was fantastic and rage was ok. but i only listened to audioslave twice i believe and thought it was quite dull. yeah i was disappointed, but im sure ill give it another chance one day and maybe itll get me dunno.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #49
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:33 PM
audioslave = trying to ressurect something that is done and over.

They will fade into oblivion soon....sadly...cos I liked Rage and kida liked Soundgarden. But Audioslave is ass
Old 06-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
asstrap is ass.

audioslave is the stuff you get when you let the cream rise to the top.

give them some time young man - the album is chock full of goodies.

the next one will be better - mark my words...
Old 06-12-2003, 11:53 AM   #51
New Yorker
Local Time: 11:03 AM
Originally posted by u2popmofo
I dont know what happened, but I've totally opened up to his voice now. Great album.
If you want to hear the guy's voice sounding very, very good, check out his excellent solo album, Euphoria Morning.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:37 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:03 AM
Check out Temple Of The Dog too, his voice was so clear and strong on that album. Is that CD even still printed anymore? I'd like to pick up a new copy, the one I had since 92 has a nasty scratch in it.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:25 PM   #53
Blue Meth Addict
Audioslave is probably my favorite new band that's come out in the last few years. The cd is fantastic, and they put on one of the best live shows I've seen.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:39 PM   #54
Local Time: 05:03 PM
I LOVE Audioslave's album! I loved it when I first heard it and I loved it even more after every listen! I wasn't that familiar with much stuff by either RATM or Soundgarden before then but I love Chris Cornell's voice so much I have Euphoria Morning and I agree with Typhoon, his voice does sound FANTASTIC on there, much less screechy and more bluesy than Audioslave stuff!
And the solo in Like A Stone doesn't sound very Edge-like to me but it is good fun to play!
Old 06-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by david
Check out Temple Of The Dog too, his voice was so clear and strong on that album. Is that CD even still printed anymore? I'd like to pick up a new copy, the one I had since 92 has a nasty scratch in it.
That CD kicks ass! I had it and then my sister took it and that was the last I saw of it. One of my friends had it and made me a copy of it last year. It's so incredible. I'd forgotten how good it is.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Audioslave are programming RAGE tonightculminating in lots of old Soundgarden clips great musicians...Chris Cornell I am pleased to say they have chosen a couple of U2 songs for their list........... Pride and Elevation. RAGE
wooooohooooooooo Audioslave