MERGED --> Are we ready for American Idol tonight? + American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the auditions. That's the best part. Then I get kinda bored with it, too, although I still tune in half the time.

American Idol

Are any of you Interferenceres gonna watch?...I am a fan of AI and it premieres tonight...I also get into the voting for my favorite...Anyone else?

I still cant believe the William Hung hype!:eyebrow:

Um..SORRY KIDS..I did not realize that there was a previous post on the subject already....*I tried to delete and could not:| *

Well, I can change it a bit,...
N ow that we are in a new AI season is there anyone in the past that you think should have had more recognitions and or who is your favorit Idol Winner/Runner up?...
I remember that guy in season 2 who sounded so much like Smokey Robinson but got booted cause of a past criminal incident..I forgot the name, but I think he had potiential
I wonder why Fantasia is not heard much of...Or Ruben....I think it's bad management...

Last edited:
[q]
williamhung_240_001.jpg

William Hung Debuts in 'Mama's Boy' Movie
January 6, 2005

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "American Idol" reject William Hung has parlayed his dubious celebrity into a movie career.

The 21-year-old civil engineering student makes his silver screen debut in the Cantonese-language film "Where Is Mama's Boy?," reports the AP.

The action comedy features Hung as a street vendor who becomes pals with Foon Ma, a music club owner played by Hong Kong star Nancy Sit.

Just as he did on "American Idol," Hung wants to project a positive attitude and be a good role model in his blossoming acting career.

"I would like to preserve a good image and not play the bad guy or do anything that's obscene," says the Hong Kong-born entertainer.

Hung horrified and delighted audiences alike on the third season of "American Idol" with his out-of-tune rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs." His subsequent album "Inspiration" has sold more than 100,000 copies.

"Where Is Mama's Boy?" opens in Singapore on Thursday, Jan. 6.[/q]

It's hard to believe some of these people really don't know they suck. Do you think some of them are acting?

What I love is that some of these people are so dense that they keep right on singing even though it's clear that the judges are laughing at them.

lauren430 said:
it's kind of sad :huh:

Really. Last year I laughed through the auditions. This year it seemed really said...the desperation, the delusion...how about the girl who sad with absolute conviction that God put her on the planet to sing and now everybody's going to know it and then...well, she couldn't sing...at all.:huh:

joyfulgirl said:
It's hard to believe some of these people really don't know they suck. Do you think some of them are acting?

:yes:

One of the rejects from last year's auditions was actually an intern at one of the Tampa radio stations. They sent her and another intern to see if they could get on and sing really badly as a joke - and she did actually get on TV (I think she sang a song from Flashdance).

joyfulgirl said:

Really. Last year I laughed through the auditions. This year it seemed really said...the desperation, the delusion...how about the girl who sad with absolute conviction that God put her on the planet to sing and now everybody's going to know it and then...well, she couldn't sing...at all.:huh:

ok, where I said 'said' I meant 'sad' and where I said 'sad' I meant 'said.' :slant:

JessicaAnn said:
What I love is that some of these people are so dense that they keep right on singing even though it's clear that the judges are laughing at them.

I saw one last night where the judges turned around and faced the wall while they sang, I think they were trying to hide laughter. Didn't phase the um "singer" though. :silent:

its so fake

they tour the country and select the best from thousands and thousands of contestants just to be able to audition on the show

they also pick the worst people

the bad people know they are bad and just do it to get on tv

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom