MERGED --> Are we ready for American Idol tonight? + American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Bo needs to lose those lame-ass sunglasses. And get some deep conditioning done. Other than that, he totally needs to win.

My friend and I said the exact same thing. The sunglasses were especially wrong for Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. When you're begging for mercy you need to show your eyes, not be a rock star. I was surprised none of the judges mentioned it.

As for the conditioning, you're talking about his hair? We noticed the split ends when he visited his hometown but figured it was the humidity in Alabama. But if he's going to have long hair it should be pretty. The outfit was lame, too. He needs the Queer Eye makeover.

Otherwise, Bo is the man!!

can't believe i still have so much to say about this

Though I like Carrie, I really want Bo to win. He's the complete package-talented singer, great showman, nice guy, and because I like to dip my pedicured toes in the shallow end of the pool, I think he's really cute.

Golightly Grrl said:
Though I like Carrie, I really want Bo to win. He's the complete package-talented singer, great showman, nice guy, and because I like to dip my pedicured toes in the shallow end of the pool, I think he's really cute.

Furthermore, if Bo wins that would make him the second person I've rooted for on a reality show. (I was thrilled that the gracious and professional Kendra beat that white trash bitch, Tana, on "The Apprentice.)

The reality is that Bo will win...he, Carrie and Vonzelle will receive substantial contracts through Clive Davis or other producer for their efforts...look at Clay and Ruben...

Ruben won, Clay's album came out just as quickly...all are winners but Bo is tops...

Its nice when BAW and I can cheer for the same artist...like U2! :wink:

I say it one more time...GO BO GO!!! :hyper:

The Bo message boards are going crazy today because of an article from a UK news source (which has since been taken down), stating that Carrie has already been chosen as the winner :|

Britain's stars shine for Europe
By Jason Nisse
22 May 2005

Among the more predictable names in the list are Sir Terry Leahy, chief executive of Tesco; BT boss Ben Verwaayen; and Nigel Newton, who signed JK Rowling for Bloomsbury Publishing. More surprising are Andrew Black and Ed Wray, the co-founders of Betfair.com; and Simon Fuller, the pop impresario whose American Idol TV competition was won this year by Carrie Underwood.

I don't know if this a just hoax or if journalists can now predict the future but it would really, really suck if all the voting was just for show, especially for people who paid to send text messages. I know Bo will end up with a contract whether he wins or not but the whole premise is to let the public decide.

I just got all tingly remembering Bo is going to sing tonight.

I hadn't heard about this rigging business, though. :grumpy:

Do you believe that the judges' comments sway potential voters? I mean, the mere fact that Simon has announced to Carrie, in so many words, that she's won...does the regular TV viewer follow what he or they say???

I mean, if Randy tells Bo that he doesn't dig his song, is that a rip and that the public should use it to decide their vote?

Sometimes I wonder about their untimely remarks....am I the only one who does????

I would hope not but I bet it does. I didn't think it was Bo's best night. "Vehicle" was great but the other two were lame, imo. I don't understand why he chose those songs. And why did they both do the same song, and such a lame song at that? Were they supposed to? Did I miss something? Carrie could win. She's blond, cute and white, and middle America eats that up.

joyfulgirl said:
Carrie could win. She's blond, cute and white, and middle America eats that up.

i figured i would hear this at least once, if not a hundred times :(

it's actually the reason i hope carrie doesn't win. as much as i like her, i would love to see a hairy, bearded, good ol' boy throw-back to the seventies turn the american idol image right up on it's ass.

go bo :up:

joyfulgirl said:
I would hope not but I bet it does. I didn't think it was Bo's best night. "Vehicle" was great but the other two were lame, imo. I don't understand why he chose those songs. And why did they both do the same song, and such a lame song at that? Were they supposed to? Did I miss something? Carrie could win. She's blond, cute and white, and middle America eats that up.
Eh, Simon said almost the same exact thing to Clay, and that didn't happen for him.

The only songs that Bo and Carrie choose themselves were Vehicle and Independence Day, respectively. It is truly dishonest of the judges to criticize their songs choices when, no, they did not pick them. They were told to do those other songs. which are recycled out of 19's Bin O' Idols Songs. They both sang the same song, because that will be the winner's single. And it's almost always a lame song.

Okay, always.

My power went out about 40 minutes before the show aired. We went to a friend's house whose electricity was on, and watched there. When we came home, my hubby said the power had been out most of the time, up until about 10 minutes before the show ended! I would have missed the whole damn thing if I stayed home! Not like they would re-air it for my neighborhood or anything. I was pissed. Then I came back on the forum, and about 20 minutes into it - power goes out again :mad:

Hopefully my :censored: amount of votes will help push Bo over the top. I sure hope he wins. Carrie has a good voice, but I've preferred Bo all along :rockon:

Go rockers!

bonosgirl84 said:

it's actually the reason i hope carrie doesn't win. as much as i like her, i would love to see a hairy, bearded, good ol' boy throw-back to the seventies turn the american idol image right up on it's ass.

Oh, me, too! I wasn't saying I hope Carrie wins, just that she's what people might go for. I think she's cute, white, blond and forgettable. Bo is unforgettable.

Bo has the stage presence, Carrie does not. Go Bo! I'm from the South & would love to see a good ole southern boy win! He's hot, he's adorable, he's good. Loved his mother & granny in their Bo sunglasses. He's definitely in my dog pound! Yeah!

bonosgirl84 said:

Ditto! :up:

And for the third straight year, the American public fucks it up.

Clay should have won, Rueben won.
Anybody but Fantasia should have won, Fantasia won.
Bo clearly should have won, Carrie won.

I bet the producers are sighing a big sigh of relief right now. They got their golden girl that will fit right in their mold of manufactured crap music. If it had been Bo, they would have had to, God forbid, allow Bo to to record a record that maybe just maybe wasn't completely in the AI manufactured plastic music mold. God, just once I want the American public to get this damn thing right.

namkcuR said:
And for the third straight year, the American public fucks it up.

Clay should have won, Rueben won.
Anybody but Fantasia should have won, Fantasia won.
Bo clearly should have won, Carrie won.

:scream:

Back
Top Bottom